Game Thread Lady Vols Missouri

I beg to disagree. I believe Geno only accepts full effort. Crystal is a freshman, therefore, Geno will be patient with freshman inconsistant play. Crystal makes some great passes for assists, but sometimes her defense is not on the same level as the rest of the four starters.
How do I know this? I have seen Geno bench Stewie, Tuck, and Gabby for effort that did not match is expectations. I don't know how Holly deals with less than all out effort, or lack of fundamental play.(10 turnovers)

Yep. What a bust Dangerfield has been. I haven't seen a freshman this overhyped since Breanna Stewart....

Read her quote. She says "eventually it's got to come or I am not going to play." By her using the word eventually means that Geno is giving her some time to find that consistency before he gives up and benches her. That means he's playing her even while she's inconsistent and not always playing hard. So Geno does accept some inconsistency when it comes to effort, the same thing you get on Holly for.

Your comparison of Holly and Geno acceptance of inconsistent play is laughable! Have you watched Uconn ???
If you read the total article in the paper... it starts out with other coaches IRE and some tears from Dangerfield. Somehow I don't remember anyone crying because of Holly? Pat Summitt (absolutely)
Geno thinks she could be an All American...(I believe he would know one when he sees one)
His answer about her efforts "she don't play with consistent effort so she will not be AA until she does".
Every player on our UT girls team have said: They are not playing consistent! They know they are not and that is why they lose! The players recognize their short comings but continue with this type of effort! " Out of the mouth of babes" 😈

Reactions: 1 person
Darth, you are probably aware that Crystal dropped 17 on Baylor, earlier in the year. What you may not know is she had hip surgery this past summer, went through concussion protocol after the season started and had a stress related foot injury that kept her off the court for several games.
You were probably being sarcastic in your reply above, however, I just wanted to give you some info that you may not have had.

Darth, you are probably aware that Crystal dropped 17 on Baylor, earlier in the year. What you may not know is she had hip surgery this past summer, went through concussion protocol after the season started and had a stress related foot injury that kept her off the court for several games.
You were probably being sarcastic in your reply above, however, I just wanted to give you some info that you may not have had.

Either you are too literal, or don't know Our Dear Darthie. I would hazard he meant to praise her highly. Or would you say Stewie was an overhyped bust? :eek:hmy:

I just watched a replay of the game,solid win by the Lady Vols

and i will take the Coach Pat Summitt approach to UConn

pizz on em :)

hi Smallvol :pardon:

Your comparison of Holly and Geno acceptance of inconsistent play is laughable! Have you watched Uconn ???
If you read the total article in the paper... it starts out with other coaches IRE and some tears from Dangerfield. Somehow I don't remember anyone crying because of Holly? Pat Summitt (absolutely)
Geno thinks she could be an All American...(I believe he would know one when he sees one)
His answer about her efforts "she don't play with consistent effort so she will not be AA until she does".
Every player on our UT girls team have said: They are not playing consistent! They know they are not and that is why they lose! The players recognize their short comings but continue with this type of effort! " Out of the mouth of babes" 😈

That's funny. I'm not the one who read an article demonstrating that Geno will play someone who doesn't consistently work hard and then turn around and emphatically claim that he won't play them.

That's funny. I'm not the one who read an article demonstrating that Geno will play someone who doesn't consistently work hard and then turn around and emphatically claim that he won't play them.

HOLLY.... I'd knowed dat wuz youz ! 👺

She will get better coaching with VS and I agree she begged to be a LV but we chose no one!!!:boobies:

She was the last remaining recruit on hoopgirlz top 100 ,that no div 1 school claimed despite the video on UTube displaying her dunking and prowess on the court.
I posted on the 'Summitt' about her but many had negative things to say with no result tho we needed a post.
What a waste.
I'm glad for her success and hope she wreck havoc on the women's scene.

That's not true, I'm sure Kamera Harris will turn out to be a much better player...

Yes it is true.Like the Georgia player that wanted to play for us. Something about her grades or something but there are times we think we are too good for some. She buried us last week and showed she was better than the box players we have. DeShields,Carter,Cooper wanted her but
proud Tennessee now in humble mode.lmbo.

Of course UConn is beatable.... Florida State, Notre Dame, Maryland, Baylor, South Carolina... all of them and i have probably left out a couple.... Come on, 2 starting forwards at 5'11" AND 6'1" and center a skinny rail of a player .... not a banger.... at 6'3" ..... Baylor, S Carolina.... Miss St have the size.....

But of course Conn is so well coached.... and they bring it every single time out on the floor.... I do not think they will go all the way this year, but i do not know who will beat them either.... it will be a case of CT being off, more than their opponent playing a flawless game.... that is my prediction

In a weak division and during regular season Geno is good , his schedule planning is smart. His assistants coaches are compliments to his way of doing things and developing players to fit his system.
It's hard to beat him because he has mastered scheduling of the regular season with the relief of a weak conference.
Pick him in the SEC or ACC and let's see what he got.
Everything you mention will be their downfall during the bracket run
when coaches have time to aim and exploit.
It's nothing special about Geno and this team, that any other
team or coach can do with the same scheduling and weak conference.
Except that his players always avoid the injuries gods
They won't survive Monday. Watch and see. If Dawn is smart enough to play Wilson on Samuelson and Gray like a four with Coates in the box.
UConn loses Monday night.

In a weak division and during regular season Geno is good , his schedule planning is smart. His assistants coaches are compliments to his way of doing things and developing players to fit his system.
It's hard to beat him because he has mastered scheduling of the regular season with the relief of a weak conference.
They won't survive Monday. Watch and see. If Dawn is smart enough to play Wilson on Samuelson and Gray like a four with Coates in the box.

OMG!

Please be sure to post, too, after the game.

Duly noted...

They play 6'1 Collier in the low post and 6'3 KLS on the wing. Collier is a banger and has unusually long arms, but she's still 6'1.

I think the team that beats them will be the one that can finally exploit the post matchup advantage and avoid foul trouble for their bigs. SC has the post tandem to do that and dangerous scoring guards, but Davis/Gray will need to be on target from beyond the arc to win this game.

I agree with what you say.... the team that beats them will have to have good guard play... i am sure CT will try to run run run the transition with SC... we will see how the inside outside for SC will hold up

Nashville Tennessean paper today: Blackmans Dangerfield looks for consistency at Uconn.
"The issue dogging Dangerfield and drawing the ire of the coaches has been her inconsistent effort at both ends of the floor."
Auriemma said:"She doesn't work hard at it, plain and simple. Crystal is used to doing it a certain way that allowed her to get away with a lot of that stuff in high school, and she's finding out that doesn't work necessarily in college. If Crystal worked as hard as Kia Nurse, she would be first team All American. But she doesn't. So she's not."
Crystal says:" There are possession that I work hard, but it's just consistency. I do believe I have it in me. I just have to find it, and it's going to take time, but eventually it's got to come or I AM NOT GOING TO PLAY!"
In the pressers both players and Holly mention inconsistent play as a problem! There's your main difference between Holly and Aremmia! Holly accepts this type of playing and Geno will not let his girls play that way!!!!!!!!!!

How true your post is.... with Geno, if player's body language is not right, then they do not get in the game.... and for Dangerfield... from what i know of their program, she will be fine... all their freshmen go through same thing... i know Jefferson had a tough 1st year as well... it is especially hard for a guard... as that is most important position in the game

If Dawn is smart enough to play Wilson on Samuelson and Gray like a four with Coates in the box.
I would love to hear why on earth you would think that would be an effective defensive strategy? Please please please provide some further analysis.

How true your post is.... with Geno, if player's body language is not right, then they do not get in the game.... and for Dangerfield... from what i know of their program, she will be fine... all their freshmen go through same thing... i know Jefferson had a tough 1st year as well... it is especially hard for a guard... as that is most important position in the game

UConn's offensive system is very hard to learn for PG, G, or otherwise. Most players don't run it well until their Jr. year simply because there aren't many set plays. You only get better in the system with playing time and usually by your Jr. year at UConn you are a starter. The more playing time you see with different line ups the better you know your teammates tendencies in a read and react offense. By her Jr. year I would be surprised if she wasn't really really really good.

I would love to hear why on earth you would think that would be an effective defensive strategy? Please please please provide some further analysis.

That's insanity IMO. A'ja will just get in foul trouble fighting through screens to chase after KLS and close in on her to prevent open looks. Let Kaela Davis guard her. She's almost as tall and won't be an easy target for KLS to isolate in the post and score over.

The matchup to exploit is Wilson vs. Williams and Coates vs. Collier. If the SC girls can stay out of foul trouble and get the high low game working, there is no way that UConn will be able to stop that. Plus, Wilson should be able to shoot over Williams all day.

SC has the physicality and versatility in their post game to really trouble UConn. They have to exploit that and hope that Davis can at least make KLS earn her points.

Wow I almost don't believe i am reading this correctly.... in a weak league and during the regular season he is good well sure i go along with that.... he is beneficiary here... but to imply that he is not good in the NCAAs where he cannot control the scheduling etc... is to sell his record short by a lot... i just went to wikipedia and checked his NCAA record

Dawn should win, as a couple of other teams should have won vs them earlier in year.... but please .... are you saying he is a bad coach outside of regular season?

She's not smart enough.

Nooooo! I just read this. You should have come over...I had my ugly hat😝 With me.

Just saw this. I was not able to do anything but sit down - NEVER go eat at Paula Deen's before a game! I was literally so miserable
I was incapacitated. Never again before a ballgame! 😩

VN Store

Back