Game Thread Lady Vols in NCAA Tournament,game 1

Up to Holly to get then there 10 turnovers between them today and several other bad decisions that luckily didn't hurt. Both were better in the second half of the game but these terrible plays need to stop.
If Westbrook wants to be a point guard got to hit better than 55 percent at the line. Today she was 0 for 5.

:hi: yup.

Up to Holly to get then there 10 turnovers between them today and several other bad decisions that luckily didn't hurt. Both were better in the second half of the game but these terrible plays need to stop.
If Westbrook wants to be a point guard got to hit better than 55 percent at the line. Today she was 0 for 5.

She will be move to the 2 and Hayes and jazmine massengill will play the point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
She will be move to the 2 and Hayes and jazmine massengill will play the point.

No matter where she plays, the FT has to go up.

I would not assume that Evina is not the PG next year. She is a player with an unbelievable upside. I expect her to come in and look like a world beater next year.

I think the knee injury is bothering her but I was glad to see her make a few shots down the stretch tonight.

The LVs will need her playing well from here on out.

Reactions: 3 people
No matter where she plays, the FT has to go up.

I would not assume that Evina is not the PG next year. She is a player with an unbelievable upside. I expect her to come in and look like a world beater next year.

I think the knee injury is bothering her but I was glad to see her make a few shots down the stretch tonight.

The LVs will need her playing well from here on out.

I agree with she need to play better, But i think her FT shooting problems are do to her poor outside shooting. And to me that starts with Holly and the staff, There is no question she unbelievable upside. But right now Holly has turn her into a dimensional player. Right now i will give Oregon State the edge the reason there guard play. I watched the South Carolina game last night they won but the guard play from NC A&T was outstanding and it kept them in the game. NC A&T guards Bostick and Green are quick and can take you off the dribble or shoot the 3. Hat`s off to NC A&T.

I agree with she need to play better, But i think her FT shooting problems are do to her poor outside shooting. And to me that starts with Holly and the staff, There is no question she unbelievable upside. But right now Holly has turn her into a dimensional player. Right now i will give Oregon State the edge the reason there guard play. I watched the South Carolina game last night they won but the guard play from NC A&T was outstanding and it kept them in the game. NC A&T guards Bostick and Green are quick and can take you off the dribble or shoot the 3. Hat`s off to NC A&T.

How does poor outside shooting fall on Holly and Staff? Are they shooting the shots for Westbrook?

Reactions: 2 people
How does poor outside shooting fall on Holly and Staff? Are they shooting the shots for Westbrook?

LOL ! Holly On Oregon State in the earlier game:
“... Oregon State is here for a reason, they’re an outstanding ba
sketball team. I thought they shot
the ball really well, they got wi
de open threes, they got board
s, they ran the floor. So, we’ve got
our work cut out for us. I haven’t watched Oregon State, just t
he first half today. We’ve got to
play a lot of one‐on‐one and can’t give them wide open threes.
We’ve got to press and just do
what we did offensively, attack the basket.

What about making 3 point shots to on the offensive end
and making your FT shots. Tenn will not win this game just attacking the basket. We will need to hit open shots.

No coaches don't take the shots for players. But GOOD coaches instruct what is a good shot and under what circumstance it is a good shot. GOOD coaches also instruct that there is a shot clock and to keep moving the ball until the best open shot is available. A wide open 3 may not be the best available shot by the player who took it under those circumstances.

The top teams have a lot more assists which is the result of GOOD coaching. Teams who repeatedly have low numbers of assists are usually not good teams

Coaches who don't know this are usually poor coaches.

Does it sound iike I'm lecturing? Is it unpleasant? It's what you do anytime someone makes a statement based on facts that you interpret as a personal insult on the Holly and the coaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Holly underused Green this season. She has far more energy than Mercedes and is always after the ball. We'll win Sunday if the point guards take care of the ball like this half and get the high percentage shot.

Green was excellent in this game. And she had some really good ones over the course of the season. She also had games where she was totally ineffective.

Mercedes is the better all round post player and Davis is an emerging star and they are the primary players who Green subs for. All in all, she was used about right unless you want to debate the KK should have never played and green grabbed those minutes as well.

No coaches don't take the shots for players. But GOOD coaches instruct what is a good shot and under what circumstance it is a good shot. GOOD coaches also instruct that there is a shot clock and to keep moving the ball until the best open shot is available. A wide open 3 may not be the best available shot by the player who took it under those circumstances.

The top teams have a lot more assists which is the result of GOOD coaching. Teams who repeatedly have low numbers of assists are usually not good teams

Coaches who don't know this are usually poor coaches.

Does it sound iike I'm lecturing? Is it unpleasant? It's what you do anytime someone makes a statement based on facts that you interpret as a personal insult on the Holly and the coaches.

Everything you said, I’ve heard Holly say in countless post game interviews, interviews at the half, while she is wired, so I’m missing your point. Some posters on here have lambasted Holly for saying such.

Tenn led the SEC in assist so under your standards, that makes them a good team, and Holly a good coach right?!?!

Does it sound like I’m lecturing, is it unpleasant, block me.

Reactions: 4 people
Green was excellent in this game. And she had some really good ones over the course of the season. She also had games where she was totally ineffective.

Mercedes is the better all round post player and Davis is an emerging star and they are the primary players who Green subs for. All in all, she was used about right unless you want to debate the KK should have never played and green grabbed those minutes as well.

I can agree that Russell is a better offensive player and that is about it. She is not a better defender, rebounder, or player that shows a lot of energy. I could see where she could've played 25 minutes and Davis around 30. That is 25 minutes for Green and KK of which at the present time Green deserved the maximum amount.
She did have a couple bad games and several where she wasn't given adequate time to even make a determination. Russell also had numerous bad games but did not lose any time on the court because of bad play.
Regardless it is over now and up to Green and KK to take over that spot to say I am worried would not be correct. I think what points we lose on offense will definitely be made up with hustle and defensive play.

Everything you said, I’ve heard Holly say in countless post game interviews, interviews at the half, while she is wired, so I’m missing your point. Some posters on here have lambasted Holly for saying such.

Tenn led the SEC in assist so under your standards, that makes them a good team, and Holly a good coach right?!?!

I just watch C. Michigan coach against LSU rip her pg on the sideline for 2 straight turnovers and yes they won the game. Holly no way never.

Reactions: 2 people

Everything you said, I’ve heard Holly say in countless post game interviews, interviews at the half, while she is wired, so I’m missing your point.

You must have heard different post game pressers than I have. I've not heard Holly say anything like that. But even if she did that too represents the difference between a GOOD coach and Holly. GOOD Coaches get their players to do as they instruct and follow their lead. GOOD coaches discipline players who don't do as they instruct

The most often statement I hear from Holly is "i don't know" followed by "we had open shots, but they didn't fall" That second statement is one of the keys I'm talking about in my post.

But you are not interested in that it seems. You are more interested in protecting Holly personally rather than seeing us restored to glory

You also seem to be most interested in censoring those players who say anything YOU PERCEIVE to be "negative". You consider the statement "Holly is not a good Coach" as a negative. I consider it a true statement. Truth should never be censored.

No I won't block you, because I want you to send me a PM whenever Holly restores the team to former glory

Reactions: 5 people
LOL !
What about making 3 point shots to on the offensive end
and making your FT shots. Tenn will not win this game just attacking the basket. We will need to hit open shots.

well,she isn't what you would say is a great interview either :)

Holly may set another NCAA record of not losing in Thompson Boling arena.

Time for her to resign....

VN Store

Back