Game Thread Lady Vols in NCAA Tournament,game 1

I am heartened by this play by this team! Lots of good things, and lots of better play,and some composure shown.

And great to see the bench players giving it heck!

Reactions: 1 person
Best half we have played this year, keep it up ladies!

Small spark of confidence for this team finally.

Good tune up for the tough game ahead. Now, they need to make foul shots! 60 plus percent is not acceptable and they will need them. Congrats on the impressive win!

Holly underused Green this season. She has far more energy than Mercedes and is always after the ball. We'll win Sunday if the point guards take care of the ball like this half and get the high percentage shot.

Reactions: 4 people
Great show in the 2nd half today. How close of a game do we beat Oregon State?

I'd be concerned about turnovers and bad decisions with the ball. Free throw shooting has to get better. If we get the ball to the right people for the best shots we should be able to handle them by 10 points.

I'd be concerned about turnovers and bad decisions with the ball. Free throw shooting has to get better. If we get the ball to the right people for the best shots we should be able to handle them by 10 points.

I was really surprised by Westbrook's misses on FT. She & some of her friends on the team needs to sneak into a gym somewhere close by & practice on nothing but free throws. A game could be on the line w/0.2 seconds to play & to miss a game winner FT would be ugly for her.

I also wonder about Annie still throwing the ball away at times that could be a game winner. These freshmen need to get their heads out of the clouds & be more focused on what they're doing.

Last edited:
I was really surprised by Westbrook's misses on FT. She & some of her friends on the team needs to sneak into a gym somewhere close by & practice on nothing but free throws. A game could be on the line w/0.2 seconds to play & to miss a game winner FT would be ugly for her.

I also wonder about Annie still throwing the ball away at times that could be a game winner. These freshmen need to get their heads out of the clouds & be more focused on what they're doing.

Up to Holly to get them there 10 turnovers between them today and several other bad decisions that luckily didn't hurt. Both were better in the second half of the game but these terrible plays need to stop.
If Westbrook wants to be a point guard got to hit better than 55 percent at the line. Today she was 0 for 5.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back