Game Thread Lady Vols at Ole Miss

If MR keeps standing around and not demanding the ball we may get beat. With the unforced turnover machines working well tonight we need MR. Looks like the old JR is back in town.

I hope Russell finds her shot she was all over the place in that last quarter. Threw up an air ball and hit the bottom of the goal with a shot.

Those centers Ole Miss has are huge looks like three minutes and they need a breather. I think one has three fouls and the other two.

Reactions: 1 person
If MR keeps standing around and not demanding the ball we may get beat. With the unforced turnover machines working well tonight we need MR. Looks like the old JR is back in town.

Don't know about MR demanding the ball. She has missed at least six shots within five feet of the bucket and had two blocked by smaller players. She and Diamond need to bring it the second half. Go Lady Vols!!

That was Jackson that hit the bottom of the back board on the inbounds play.... MR is being ridden by the two corn bread fed sows from ole miss and not a single foul called .... put Qui in with Russell and get Alexa and Meme out....( those two can't handle the ball and throw up bricks in transition with no one under the basket to rebound..... Qui scores and rebounds when given a chance to play!

Hopefully the third quarter will be a lot like the second and we'll build the lead to double digits.

Pet peeve time for me.

The Ole Miss women probably don't get to play on TV as often as a lot of other programs, so what does the network show during halftime? The Ole Miss MEN's team.

It irritates me how often halftimes for women's games are filled with news from the men's side. I never notice during the halftime of a men's game that the whole break is spent on women's basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Maybe things will be going in the right direction for the rest of the game. That first quarter was humiliating we looked like we didn't care to be playing. Holly must have read the board she took a timeout and play picked up.

Russell has not gotten strong enough to be dominant. I know she's worked on her strength, but she's still probably half as strong as she needs to be. She continues to improve but she doesn't have the athleticism/strength to be really good. I think that's the bottom line.

That was Jackson that hit the bottom of the back board on the inbounds play.... MR is being ridden by the two corn bread fed sows from ole miss and not a single foul called .... put Qui in with Russell and get Alexa and Meme out....( those two can't handle the ball and throw up bricks in transition with no one under the basket to rebound..... Qui scores and rebounds when given a chance to play!

I think that corn feds 3 and 2 fouls each

Russell has not gotten strong enough to be dominant. I know she's worked on her strength, but she's still probably half as strong as she needs to be. She continues to improve but she doesn't have the athleticism/strength to be really good. I think that's the bottom line.

Give her a break. She's on a huge improvement trajectory this year, and tonight the Ole Miss posts probably each weigh twice what she does.

We miss SOOOO many easy shots. Pathetic. Reynolds, Nared (2), Jackson--clang. Jackson has a wide open trey and barely hits the rim. Reynolds with a 6 footer--miss. Nared has an easy 6 foot shot if she uses the backboard, as she should have--fundamental. Does she? No: miss. And so it goes in Lady Vol land.

UT can't play more than 4 minutes without going into a funk? dammit Holly!

We might lose to this terrible Ole Miss team except for one quarter we haven't really had much energy. If we got any we better use it need to win this game.

VN Store

Back