Game Thread Lady Vols at Ole Miss

Yes and HW will hold on to a timeout and carry them home with her rather than stop a run. That is not a turn on or turn off by any of the players. I am agreeing the players must step up and this team will not. I really believe that if MR and DD will move on then we can start the 5 recruits and let Cooper lead them. HW has ruined this group.

Wow....so you think all of the sudden CHW is going to be different with this new group.

And just where is this leader Cooper. You know to be a leader someone has to want to follow you. Don't see it even if she does show back up in Knoxville.

Wait till Cooper and Hayes start knocking heads!

Maybe I am confused do we really think dunbar is the answer. When she is in her player scores on her everytime . EVERYTIME

she can't guard anybody on the bench either, but on the court she opens up the offense. nobody else on the team worries a defense.

I know she has missed shots when she has gotten a couple garbage minutes so far but at this point she is the only girl on the team who catches a pass and can shoot the ball. MeMe hits maybe one 3 and then proceeds to stink up the rest of the game.

she can't guard anybody on the bench either, but on the court she opens up the offense. nobody else on the team worries a defense.

I know she has missed shots when she has gotten a couple garbage minutes so far but at this point she is the only girl on the team who catches a pass and can shoot the ball. MeMe hits maybe one 3 and then proceeds to stink up the rest of the game.

So what your saying is you know she can;t do anything else well but shoot , so its ok to put her in the game? Is that good coaching

This is just a BAD group of girls. They say the Same **** every game , we aint play hard we don't communicate, so there being taught these things but your not doing it . MY mom would always say you can take a horse to the water but you can't make him drink. I AM READY FOR THESE GIRLS TO LEAVE I AM SOOO READY , DIAMOND FADES IN THE BACK , IF SHE IS SOOO AN ALPHA THEN SHE WOULD WANT TO TAKE OVER SEEING HER TEAM STRUGGLE . NO PLAYER ON THIS TEAM WANTS TO LEAD AT ALL YOU NEED AN ON COURT LEADER

Funny how that is true for all of the players Holly's coached, huh?

Ever think that maybe she's the problem?

Guarantee that if Diamond and MR leave, this team will be even worse next season.

what I'm saying is, we don't scare anybody with the shooters that we have been playing and the one true shot on the team has sat the entire year. She could have guarded those two offensive linemen (with a little help from fronting teammate) that OLE Miss had out there. Hell, she could have walked up the court every time and defended them. :(

Funny how that is true for all of the players Holly's coached, huh?

Ever think that maybe she's the problem?

Guarantee that if Diamond and MR leave, this team will be even worse next season.

Is this all the players she coached or this Group? And Not once did I say holly should not take some blame. But that like putting your hand on the stove, and your mom tell you not to do it but you still do it . At that point who is to blame? The players said the know there not playing hard , so should holly go on the court and make them play hard

Reactions: 1 person
I blame holly warlick . In the fact that Aurburn turned ole miss over 30 times and we don't press until the end of the game. and when we took the lead we went to zone, and then stopped For the life of me I can not understand why she would not play zone the entire 4th quarter

Reactions: 2 people
Is this all the players she coached or this Group? And Not once did I say holly should not take some blame. But that like putting your hand on the stove, and your mom tell you not to do it but you still do it . At that point who is to blame? The players said the know there not playing hard , so should holly go on the court and make them play hard

its every player that Holly, not Pat, recruited.

I would be inclined to agree with you if last season didn't happen. She's had over a year to sort this out, and they actually look even worse then they did last year. At this point, given how long it's been going on for, it's 100% on Holly for being an ineffective motivator, leader, teacher and coach. 100%.

I am currently watching the replay of this game and I have so many questions that I am not even sure can be answered. I know they are installing a new offense and that takes time but did they pick the right offense for the players they have currently and the ones they have coming in? BB IQ at times is really really suspect it seems. You gotta put something out there where all the players can be successful. They need something simple and duplicatable because they have varying levels of talent and BB IQ. When these players were recruited they weren't recruited for a motion offense and you can't turn a lamb into a lion because you want to. I just don't think this group is ready for a motion offense. Not yet.

As far as defense some days they seem to have it some days they don't. Most teams go through tough shooting stretches at some point in the season but effort on defense there is no excuse for that to be poor ever. If your defense is good enough it can bail out your offense (or it should if you do it right). Maybe they should just play zone. I mean it's nice to have a number of things in your arsenal but if the players aren't willing to execute them properly every night then make them play zone and tell them why you are making them play zone. Then at least you will have 1 constant. Right now I don't think this team has any single thing they can point to as a constant where they can say every night we can expect at the bare minimum....

Jekyll & Hyde is all I can see. If they play like this they must practice like this. I wonder what competition is like when they scrimmage each other? I would love to be a fly on the wall in a film session. All that being said I wouldn't be surprised if they managed a big win this month or lost 3 more games.

they don't have enough bodies to scrimmage each other. :(

Holly should have 13 players on the roster minimum at all times.

I heard on the Ole Miss pre-game radio program that Ole Miss had not beat UT since 1996. I believe that would have been a Pat Summitt team. And that game in 1996 Ole Miss had a player put up 45 points against UT. The most ever by a player against UT. That UT team must have sucked!!

These Tennessee Lady Vols are as nice and beautiful team as could ever be assembled. No one should ever accuse them of having killer instinct or wanting things said about them that might hurt their feelings. And so they play in a rather cautious and dainty, lady like fashion. No one of them wants to dominate any other individual, or attempt to be a team leader or be very aggressive.
It is time for no more "Miss Nice Girls."

I said this back in early December. I opined that we need to recruit girls who have grown up in rough neighborhoods, who have had to stand up for themselves, had some hard knocks, rather than the nice, upper middle class girls we are currently recruiting. Our current players are going to be okay even when not in the WNBA. We need young women for whom basketball is their main hope for the future (rightly or not). Who are willing to get dirty, and skinned up, and growl and snarl when someone on another team tries to dominate them.

I heard on the Ole Miss pre-game radio program that Ole Miss had not beat UT since 1996. I believe that would have been a Pat Summitt team. And that game in 1996 Ole Miss had a player put up 45 points against UT. The most ever by a player against UT. That UT team must have sucked!!

They won the NC that year, so they couldn't have sucked that much.

I said this back in early December. I opined that we need to recruit girls who have grown up in rough neighborhoods, who have had to stand up for themselves, had some hard knocks, rather than the nice, upper middle class girls we are currently recruiting. Our current players are going to be okay even when not in the WNBA. We need young women for whom basketball is their main hope for the future (rightly or not). Who are willing to get dirty, and skinned up, and growl and snarl when someone on another team tries to dominate them.

You mean rough girls like Katie Lou Samuelson or Napheesa Collier?

I think it would be better if we had a coach who could take a privileged player and turn them into a competition beast, like Pat could.

Reactions: 3 people
You mean rough girls like Katie Lou Samuelson or Napheesa Collier?

I think it would be better if we had a coach who could take a privileged player and turn them into a competition beast, like Pat could.

Maybe we need to start on third base, and then expand it.

I had to stop watching. some things that bothered me

1. Why doesn't Holly make the guards fight over the screen? I know Pat is mad abt that. Might as well give the other team a red carpet.

2. Why did Middleton get so much playing time? Her defense is non-existent and her ball handling is questionable. She also missed layups and looked nervous.

3. Mercedes has got to get tough. She's too big to be scared of contact and getting blocked by people 5 inches smaller than her

4. Diamond. That girl would rather take a difficult shot than an easy pull up jumper or layup. They should've won by dbl digits smh

Reactions: 3 people
I had to stop watching. some things that bothered me

1. Why doesn't Holly make the guards fight over the screen? I know Pat is mad abt that. Might as well give the other team a red carpet.

2. Why did Middleton get so much playing time? Her defense is non-existent and her ball handling is questionable. She also missed layups and looked nervous.

3. Mercedes has got to get tough. She's too big to be scared of contact and getting blocked by people 5 inches smaller than her

4. Diamond. That girl would rather take a difficult shot than an easy pull up jumper or layup. They should've won by dbl digits smh

Per 2, after the Ole Miss loss, quite a few were condemning HW for not playing Middleton more so.....

Per 2, after the Ole Miss loss, quite a few were condemning HW for not playing Middleton more so.....

Right. Seems like I was the only one against it. They wanted to bench Jordan for Middleton. Then wanted Diamond to play point, even though she's averaging about 5 turnovers a game and her ball handling skills is the same as Lex.

VN Store

Back