Game Thread Lady Vols at Missouri

Not our best offensive outing, but Missouri can be tough to play in their gym and our defense kept them in check and we badly need to get that game and we did. Unfortunately Florida didn't help us out but UK did beat TAM, so we have that. If we win out, we get 2nd and if Georgia helps us out against SC, we can get the regular season championship. If we drop one or both, we probably get 3rd unless TAM has a meltdown.

Massengale again out? In the NFL guys get concussion and are playing FOOTBALL again a week later, two weeks at most. Strange.

It's not really so strange. We don't know that she was just dealing with a concussion. This is not her first head injury, and she took a very long time to come back last time, too. She wasn't wearing a helmet when she got hit, and she isn't being paid hundreds of thousands a dollars to play, so you can't really compare her case to an NFL player's. If UT has her play when she isn't physically ready, they could cause her long-time damage.

Reactions: 2 people
I am one that thinks she could possibly be out for the season. She may be out and never play again. If reports are correct that this is her fourth concussion. I would certainly think she would think very carefully about ever playing again.

I am one that thinks she could possibly be out for the season. She may be out and never play again. If reports are correct that this is her fourth concussion. I would certainly think she would think very carefully about ever playing again.

Yes, they are really tightening up the protocol on that sort of injury now. I wouldn't be surprised to see her miss the rest of the year. Hard break for Ariel.

With Jordan injured we are really short on guards. You have Carter and Simmons and that is it. Burdick and Jones have to slide over and help some. Against a team that plays a lot of guards, and sets a lot of picks like MO, you get worn down. Plus you absolutely can't afford foul trouble.

I thought Russell should have played a bit more. I have seen some improvement from her in the last couple of games. The light may be coming on for her.

We played good defense and gutted out a win on a night when our shots weren't falling. I also thought the officiating went our way a little for the first time this year. They call about half of their calls on the wrong player. That is just a given. But we got a call or two when it mattered. I am not sure we win if the call where Harrison got tangled up with the MO player went the other way.

I will be impressed if we can beat both LSU and SC with only two healthy guards.

I don't know if is true or not, but I saw somewhere that she has a facial fracture in the erea of her eye.

Yes, they are really tightening up the protocol on that sort of injury now. I wouldn't be surprised to see her miss the rest of the year. Hard break for Ariel.

With Jordan injured we are really short on guards. You have Carter and Simmons and that is it. Burdick and Jones have to slide over and help some. Against a team that plays a lot of guards, and sets a lot of picks like MO, you get worn down. Plus you absolutely can't afford foul trouble.

I thought Russell should have played a bit more. I have seen some improvement from her in the last couple of games. The light may be coming on for her.

We played good defense and gutted out a win on a night when our shots weren't falling. I also thought the officiating went our way a little for the first time this year. They call about half of their calls on the wrong player. That is just a given. But we got a call or two when it mattered. I am not sure we win if the call where Harrison got tangled up with the MO player went the other way.

I will be impressed if we can beat both LSU and SC with only two healthy guards.

Jordan was almost able to go today. She tried to warm up and decided to sit out. I would think that four days would make it possible for her to see a few minutes.

I don't know if is true or not, but I saw somewhere that she has a facial fracture in the erea of her eye.

There was a lot of talk that she might be back for the Auburn game. Now were past the Missouri game. No one knows except people close to the team I am hoping that she can play again soon.

she'll probably be out 6 months, 9 if she torn a toenail too! sic!
Don't laugh at those toenail injuries. They can be serius. The infection travels into the calf, gamgrene sets in, and before you know it, your whole leg is useless. And you can't sue anyone - you don't have a leg to stand on. :)

Reactions: 2 people
Don't laugh at those toenail injuries. They can be serius. The infection travels into the calf, gamgrene sets in, and before you know it, your whole leg is useless. And you can't sue anyone - you don't have a leg to stand on. :)

"Gamgrene" is a nice play on words for a female leg infection if you did that intentionally.

Depending on where it is on the face, I would suspect that there would be a facial shield Ariel could wear if she had a fracture in addition to the symptoms we know about where bright lights and loud noises are giving her trouble. You see kids play with those sorts of devices a lot.

Jordan's ankle injury is something really common in basketball. You pretty much always have an ankle or a finger messed up.

It wasn't a pretty game for sure , and I am not so sure it was great defense or if Mizzou just couldn't buy field goal, especially a three point shot. Never the less any road win is a good win.

Wow, convoluted..Debbie Downer much haha

It wasn't a pretty game for sure , and I am not so sure it was great defense or if Mizzou just couldn't buy field goal, especially a three point shot. Never the less any road win is a good win.

I thought it was Mizzou who played good defense. Their three point shooters were open for most of the 1st half, but luckily they weren't hitting or this might have been a different outcome.

Why does Burdick pass on so many three point opportunities? I think teams know she isn't a threat to shoot out there, so it's much easier to sag and clog up the inside..Kind of what Mizzou did today. We know she can shoot it, as she did in the Bama game and Ole Miss game. I guess those were anomalies

"Gamgrene" is a nice play on words for a female leg infection if you did that intentionally.

Depending on where it is on the face, I would suspect that there would be a facial shield Ariel could wear if she had a fracture in addition to the symptoms we know about where bright lights and loud noises are giving her trouble. You see kids play with those sorts of devices a lot.

Jordan's ankle injury is something really common in basketball. You pretty much always have an ankle or a finger messed up.
I had to laugh myself when I came up with that one.

If Ariel has a fracture and a concussion, that combo could keep her out longer that either one individually.

that announcer said she had 4 and didn't say if it included this one,if that i what the problem is

We obviously didn't play very well. UT's best player has 0 FGs? We make only 2 three-pointers? We AGAIN have too few assists (6) and too many turnovers (16)--with Simmons getting 0 assists and 4 turnovers? We gutted out a win, which is nice--but it was the type of game that will get UT beat in the tournament. Massengale again out? In the NFL guys get concussion and are playing FOOTBALL again a week later, two weeks at most. Strange.

CHW said in an interview after the game,that she was waiting on the Doctors to say Massegale was ready to go,so who knows ?

VN Store

Back