Game Thread Lady Vols at Missouri

Sorry to offend any of those Burdick lovers out there, but if CHW continues to play her this many minutes these Lady Vols will never win a championship. Not a good defender or passer, below average shooter, can't penetrate or stop penetration, slow, not very athletic, low basketball IQ, etc.

She seems to have a great attitude.

I agree with you on Burdick, but I don't really think it matters- I don't see TN winning another championship as long as this coaching staff is in place. I hope they prove me wrong but I see TN headed in the wrong direction.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Tremendous defense today bad offense. We were way below our average in scoring but so were they. Missouri wins most of their games at home very glad to get out of there with a win.

Grateful for the win, but I hate to see the girls blow a 16 point lead and make this game that close. Don't understand it.

But an ugly win is 1000 times better than a pretty loss. I'll take it. But we can't lose focus and play like that in the tournament and expect to win. Go Lady Vols!

Next year with Tucker and Nared on the team i hope that means that Holly won't keep Burdick and Jones on the floor a lot.

I agree with you on Burdick, but I don't really think it matters- I don't see TN winning another championship as long as this coaching staff is in place. I hope they prove me wrong but I see TN headed in the wrong direction.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We are really lucky to come out of this game with a win. the Missouri coach had a great game plan, just couldn't hit their threes. I just don't understand why burdick won't be more aggressively offensively. She dribbles, dribbles, and most of the time turns the ball over. When she has wide open shots, she doesn't take em. And I do blame the coaching staff for not developing her more into an outside threat. We saw Ariel do the same thing her first two years..very timid and afraid to take shots, but she finally came along this year.

Next year with Tucker and Nared on the team i hope that means that Holly won't keep Burdick and Jones on the floor a lot.

Holly seems clueless sometimes, so I wouldn't be surprised one bit if burdick and jones start over tucker and nared.

Why are you complaining? After the game Holly said, "For the most part, they played good."

I will complain if i want to especially if i don't like what i'm seeing on the floor who the hell are you to tell me not to you're acting as if i'm the only that said something bad. i don't see anything wrong with voicing your opinion about your team when you don't like how they are playing. plus Holly said that after the game was over while i said what i said while the game was going on so obviously i saw a couple of things i didn't like.

Last edited:
We obviously didn't play very well. UT's best player has 0 FGs? We make only 2 three-pointers? We AGAIN have too few assists (6) and too many turnovers (16)--with Simmons getting 0 assists and 4 turnovers? We gutted out a win, which is nice--but it was the type of game that will get UT beat in the tournament. Massengale again out? In the NFL guys get concussion and are playing FOOTBALL again a week later, two weeks at most. Strange.

Defense won the game. Offense was ineffective for most of the game. Defense was as good as we have played all season.

We obviously didn't play very well. UT's best player has 0 FGs? We make only 2 three-pointers? We AGAIN have too few assists (6) and too many turnovers (16)--with Simmons getting 0 assists and 4 turnovers? We gutted out a win, which is nice--but it was the type of game that will get UT beat in the tournament. Massengale again out? In the NFL guys get concussion and are playing FOOTBALL again a week later, two weeks at most. Strange.

Many NFL players come back to quick and have problems later in life. I hope winning is not more important to fans than Her health.

Reactions: 3 people
I will complain if i want to especially if i don't like what i'm seeing on the floor who the hell are you to tell me not to you're acting as if i'm the only that said something bad. i don't see anything wrong with voicing your opinion about your team when you don't like how they are playing. plus Holly said that after the game was over while i said what i said while the game was going on so obviously i saw a couple of things i didn't like.
I wasn't being critical of your post Spacejam. My point was that Holly thinks they played a good game.

I wasn't being critical of your post Spacejam. My point was that Holly thinks they played a good game.

i heard what she said but i said what i said during the game so i wasn't complaining about the win. i know a win is a win whether it's a good or ugly game like everyone said so i'll take it.

VN Store

Back