Game Thread Lady Vols at Georgia

They have no killer instinct, which reflects on coaching.

Say what you will about Geno but you'd never see his team blow 80% of a 30-point lead.

Sad, but true. They got too comfortable with a huge lead and decided to "play heehaw with the f*** around gang".

Even though they won i'm just all around disappointed with how it ended and none of them should be happy about it either, those free throws at the end definitely helped them so they're lucky.

We are not a very smart team--that's been a problem for years. Jones presents a dilemma for Warlick: she is UT's best man defender but rather clueless offensively.

She played awful defense today, and was wondering why Holly still had her in there..If she isn't stopping the person she is guarding, she has no use in the game

She played awful defense today, and was wondering why Holly still had her in there..If she isn't stopping the person she is guarding, she has no use in the game

We just need guard upgrades period. Its the same sloppy undisciplined mistakes we've seen going on 2 years now. I don't understand how it hasn't got better. Just mind boggling.

So... Ky just lost to Florida.... at home.... after leading by 10....
P.s Florida had already lost to 2-9 ILST

LSU loss doesn't look so bad now

Is this the standard at Tennessee now? Comparing how our losses look to Kentucky's...

Jesus Christ...

I know that I missed Pat before he got sick..She would have been drilling this team during the whole game by the way they played and those awful turnovers...This team can do something absoulutely silly and terrible, and have no fear of being taken off the floor...I never even see Holly going hard at a player..BTW, even though she can go off and look like an All-American, I will not be sad to see Simmons finally graduate..I was looking at her today, and could not for the life of me, see that she was any better today, than she was as a freshman, and that is really sad..

I do agree on them having no killer instinct and they also need to work on their mental toughness.

Well we got in bed a little early but we are a far better team than Georgia. Were a far better team than LSU gave that one away. I like the way we finally were getting the angles for the pass to the post and the way Ariel aggressively attacked the basket. The problem was when we should have been running down the clock we were quick shooting the basketball. If UT has a course on basketball IQ all our players need to take it. Especially Jones, Burdick, and Simmons.

Last edited:
This is just unacceptable, I don't understand how and why Holly didn't notice that our lead kept shrinking and shrinking every time Georgia kept getting to the free throw line and that we went through a scoring drought and yet didn't call a timeout.

^^^
This!

Anytime we can beat a GA team, no matter how ugly, I'll take it & move on. It's a long season so let it play out. People forget how bad we are until the next game comes around. We're looking for this team to win the next one too or we'll get on here and blast the team about how bad they are.

Reactions: 1 person
I know that I missed Pat before he got sick..She would have been drilling this team during the whole game by the way they played and those awful turnovers...This team can do something absoulutely silly and terrible, and have no fear of being taken off the floor...I never even see Holly going hard at a player..BTW, even though she can go off and look like an All-American, I will not be sad to see Simmons finally graduate..I was looking at her today, and could not for the life of me, see that she was any better today, than she was as a freshman, and that is really sad..

Just think. What Simmons could have been with good coaching.

Well we got in bed a little early but we are a far better team than Georgia. Were a far better team than LSU gave that one away. I like the way we finally were getting the angles for the pass to the post and the way Ariel aggressively attacked the basket. The problem was when we should have been running down the clock we were quick shooting the basketball. If UT has a course on basketball IQ all our players need to take it. Especially Jones, Burdick, and Simmons.

Especially Holly and Dean.

Reactions: 1 person
It took a while but I've finally gone over a hundred posts.
I can start my own threads now.
Gee. I wonder what my first thread should be about ?:pardon:

VN Store

Back