'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Hopefully it capsizes and goes straight to the bottom and stays there for a long time.

Wasn't there a rumor that Mehlen's wife was driving 30-45 minutes to do her shopping during their previous stint at UF due to the pressure in Gainesville?

Wonder how long before she begins her grocery commute again??

Recruiting, he hasn’t started yet apparently. A lot of gator fans weren’t sold when he was hired so he will need to win sooner than later just to get them on board. Their decommitted list ranks higher than their committed list. A QB last night picked UL-L and hat a Fla hat on the table. If you read their boards, it’s meltdown city and the fact one of their highest recruited guys got charged with two felonies this week didn’t help. Now, a few players will also have to go before their student conduct review board because of an incident between air soft guns and a gambler to find out their punishment there as well, that ship is sinking, quickly.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahhaha

I can't wait for the after Saban Bama debacle. It will make this look like a walk in the park.

Reactions: 2 people
Teams are very close in talent, I’d give UT a good shot.

Have said since Pruitt was hired. Want to see results and so far not too bad. Pretty good IMO with recruiting and stuff. I have said seven wins this year in the regular season should be the number of wins and a good disciplined team that competes on the field. Should beat Florida and not wavering. That is more a W in my mind than West Virgina.

And the commute story on Meh’s Wife is accurate.

Reactions: 1 person
Wasn't there a rumor that Mehlen's wife was driving 30-45 minutes to do her shopping during their previous stint at UF due to the pressure in Gainesville?

Wonder how long before she begins her grocery commute again??

That is such a weird thing for us to know about.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahhaha

I can't wait for the after Saban Bama debacle. It will make this look like a walk in the park.

The best part about the after Saban situation at Bama is it won't take much to have that fanbase flipping out and burning mattresses. The next coach will have more pressure to succeed than any coaching change I can imagine. All it will take is one 9-3 season and that place will implode!!! Can't wait.

Reactions: 4 people
The best part about the after Saban situation at Bama is it won't take much to have that fanbase flipping out and burning mattresses. The next coach will have more pressure to succeed than any coaching change I can imagine. All it will take is one 9-3 season and that place will implode!!! Can't wait.

People have forgotten what it looked like from Bear to Saban except for a couple of Stallings years..I haven't forgot. Saban can't last forever.

I believe it will be Pruitt that lets UT save face during the Saban Era and pulls out some W's before Satan retires back to the depths from which he came.

Have said since Pruitt was hired. Want to see results and so far not too bad. Pretty good IMO with recruiting and stuff. I have said seven wins this year in the regular season should be the number of wins and a good disciplined team that competes on the field. Should beat Florida and not wavering. That is more a W in my mind than West Virgina.

And the commute story on Meh’s Wife is accurate.

I would agree with this. Anything less than 6 wins is Butch/Doofus territory. 6 wins is Kiffin land. 7+ wins is a phenomenal hire and the makings of a great HC.

People have forgotten what it looked like from Bear to Saban except for a couple of Stallings years..I haven't forgot. Saban can't last forever.

Didn't they fire Stalling after a 8-4 or 9-3 season? Or did he retire because of Bamatards? Seems like there was something stupid about that. But there have been some stupid things since Bear at Bama over the decades it's hard to remember. Remember the TCU coach they hired and fired for using a school credit card in a strip club? He didn't even coach a game at Bama.

Didn't they fire Stalling after a 8-4 or 9-3 season? Or did he retire because of Bamatards? Seems like there was something stupid about that. But there have been some stupid things since Bear at Bama over the decades it's hard to remember. Remember the TCU coach they hired and fired for using a school credit card in a strip club? He didn't even coach a game at Bama.

Wasn’t TCU...was Washington State. Mike Price.

I would agree with this. Anything less than 6 wins is Butch/Doofus territory. 6 wins is Kiffin land. 7+ wins is a phenomenal hire and the makings of a great HC.

It's weird to me that people want to put these sort of labels and parameters on the win total this year. I probably have way higher expectations as far as number of wins this year but if we have 6 or less wins I don't think it means he is like any of those coaches. Just that it is taking a normal amount of time to rebuild the program.

Yet, does anyone have any doubt as to whether or not Florida wins yet again in Neyland this year?

I doubt they do. I doubt it very strongly.

This isn't based off my user title either. You ought to adjust your expectations now that we have a real coaching staff in play.

IDGAF what the past held. It's a new era in Knoxville.

His childhood favorite? Is this guy serious or just do a typo? It’s no secret that Bailey is the biggest Gator fan as is his family. He was all Gator until the hiring of Mullen, a hire I think UF is already regretting.

Why are they regretting it?

Pruitt knows how important that game is, he's going to make Mullen wish he never took the UF job.

Pruitt to Mehlen on September 22

giphy.gif

5 wins is not Botch/Doofus territory...at least not necessarily. It all depends on how we look, and how we get there. I agree that in a vacuum the team should win 6 at least, but when you look at the schedule, and consider the proven fragility of this rosters psyche, that it depends on how much fight the team still has in it coming out of the meat grinder.

Plus..this team is thinner than an anorexic model. Nobody that is making predictions, and blanket statements about expected wins is taking the inevitable injuries into account.

Plus.. this team is implementing totally different schemes on offense and defense.

5 wins could happen, and the coaches could still have done the best they could do. All we can do is hope for some good fortune for a change.

It's weird to me that people want to put these sort of labels and parameters on the win total this year. I probably have way higher expectations as far as number of wins this year but if we have 6 or less wins I don't think it means he is like any of those coaches. Just that it is taking a normal amount of time to rebuild the program.

I get what you are saying. I am just putting a number on it.

What I really want to see is stellar recruiting, which is happening. A football team that punishes the opposing team for every second of the game, and a coaching staff that makes in game on the fly adjustments to what the other team is doing. I would also love to not see substitution errors, boneheaded clock management, and no sideline meltdowns with players, coaches, or refs. It's really been embarrassing how unqualified our coaches have looker on National TV.

Yet, does anyone have any doubt as to whether or not Florida wins yet again in Neyland this year?

I think we can win I will wait to see how we look game 1 but defense should be ahead of offenses early in the year and I believe this staff will have them ready to play. Still early in year for us so our defense snaps shouldn't be ridiculous yet. Plus Grantham. Lol our offense should be able move ball not like muscramps defenses I think we win

Mike Price was from Washington State, and I don't remember right off hand the deets on Stallings leaving Bama.

VN Store

Back