'18 GA LB JJ Peterson (Tennessee signee)

Elsewhere, the wait game continues for signee JJ Peterson and the confidence level on his arrival isn't going up. Rush Propst told Volquest earlier this week that the hope now is Peterson might arrive next week just before classes. We’ll see. School starts for Tennessee next Wednesday. Drop/add are the following two days. Peterson and Tennessee have remained in steady communication, but “next week” has kind of been the talk with Peterson for two months now. We should finally know one way or another soon, though. At this point, Peterson is more mythical figure than actual prospect. Maybe there will be a Big Foot or Lochness Monster sighting next week.

- VQ

Ouch....

If he doesn't make it in, shouldn't that open up a spot in the upcoming class? Unless he simply jumps forward a year instead of going Juco or another school.

I hate to ask this again.
But, what, exactly is the stumbling block.
Did he fail a class? An exam? A standardized test?
Or is it something other than academics?
Inquiring minds would like to know.

Ain't assumin' nuttin! JJ gettin in!
Breaking-Bad-Were-Done-When-I-Say-Were-Done.gif

I'm telling you, I'm just assuming he doesn't get in. Have been for weeks. Save yourself the heartbreak, friends. So that way, if he DOES make it in, you get a nice little surprise.
That is what all these tough guys saying he gone are doing. They're all afraid to expect something good and be heartbroken if it doesn't happen. It's one approach I guess. I'll continue to expect him to get in until after the actual deadline next week or until he enrolls somewhere else. If he's not here after next week I will very quickly get over it and move on.

I do find it interesting that the nega Vols are living in this thread chirping and chortling about he gone and liking each other's posts. For the record, I am skeptical of him getting in, but some of you sound too happy about it because it seems like you're vindicated in some way.
Yeah thats clearly it. Anyone who believes JJ wont make it and exoresses that are just so excited about not getting an elite LB.

What is the diff in negativity and realism? Not much in most of these instances for UT in past decade. We are like Linus or The Born Loser during this period.

Negativity is the domain of cowards and trolls. It's easy to expect failure since failure is more likely.

In this case, negativity would be if this was spring time and we were not hopeful. Instead we are a week away from the real deadline. He still isn't here and there isn't any legit good info to suggest he will be. That is more being realistic that's something doesn't smell or feel right. Hopefully we get suprised

Reactions: Brillovol
What is the diff in negativity and realism? Not much in most of these instances for UT in past decade. We are like Linus or The Born Loser during this period.
Negativity is stating he won't get in before that has been decided. Realism is saying he only has a week left and the odds of him getting in after Wednesday go way down. If he doesn't get in by Friday he will not be here this fall. Optimism is saying I still think he will be enrolled at Tennessee this fall whether it's full qualification or academic redshirt. Rationalism is that he was worth the effort and waiting regardless of him getting in or not.

Negativity is stating he won't get in before that has been decided. Realism is saying he only has a week left and the odds of him getting in after Wednesday go way down. If he doesn't get in by Friday he will not be here this fall. Optimism is saying I still think he will be enrolled at Tennessee this fall whether it's full qualification or academic redshirt. Rationalism is that he was worth the effort and waiting regardless of him getting in or not.
At this point it would be a miracle if he made it in and only the blind optimists still think he will make it. Then you have the used car salesman type: Probst. I’m sure it will be mid-October and he will still be saying “next week, guaranteed.”

Reactions: Catbone
If he does manage to make it in with this class, I believe he may really struggle to remain eligible. I understand we have an excellent support staff to help student athletes remain eligible but some guys just don't make it through. If he doesn't get in I hope he winds up in a good prep school for a year.

If he does manage to make it in with this class, I believe he may really struggle to remain eligible. I understand we have an excellent support staff to help student athletes remain eligible but some guys just don't make it through. If he doesn't get in I hope he winds up in a good prep school for a year.

Serious question because I don’t know... has any Tennessee player flunked out and couldn’t play ball because of grades?

Negativity is the domain of cowards and trolls. It's easy to expect failure since failure is more likely.

Or you could use the available evidence to make an informed guess and skip the positive vs. negative philosophical BS.

At this point it would be a miracle if he made it in and only the blind optimists still think he will make it. Then you have the used car salesman type: Probst. I’m sure it will be mid-October and he will still be saying “next week, guaranteed.”
I am an optimist but I have given many reasons for it. And I acknowledge that he may not make it. But I don't think that is blind. I'm not just optimistic because I want it to be true. There are reasons. Is it blind pessimism for people to state he won't get in just because it hasn't happened yet even though the deadline is next week? Just because some arbitrary timeline from a high school coach keeps changing doesn't mean the deadline has passed. The deadline has always been next Friday so the propst timeline changes have not affected my very realistic view of the actual deadline. It just means it didn't happen when some expected it to.

Unfortunately, it’s not just him. Part of the biggest reason im rooting for him to succeed is he has two kids, I believe college could be a springboard not only for his career (football or otherwise) but’s it allows better opportunity for his kids.

VN Store

Back