Further Proof that Alabama Cheats! :D

I guess it isn't directly breaking a rule, but I cannot see how this is not "buying" recruits...

I guess it isn't directly breaking a rule, but I cannot see how this is not "buying" recruits...

No one profited from it. The books were loaned out to girlfriends and buddies. They all had to be returned at the end of the semester.

In fact, most the athletes involved didn't even do that. They were given material such as study guides that were assigned by the teacher, but for some reason weren't allowed to be given for free under NCAA rules. Several athletes were penalized because they were assigned to read "A Christmas Carol" by their English Lit professor, but the NCAA feels that the athletes should have to pay for that. I suppose I could make a Scrooge=NCAA joke.

Alabama was (is) on probation for more than half that time...

...And yet it still wound up 15-14-1.

Odd how you say that with pride.

The #2 Bammer line after "jealousy":

Even though everyone is against us (see jealousy) we still win. When we lose it's because outside forces (SEC, NCAA, FBI, CIA, UN, Intergalactic Council, God) have conspired to hold us down. When we win it because we are simply a superior entity to all other programs and have a natural birth right (see jealousy). No other team faces adversity like we do - they lose simply because they are inferior to the almighty Bama.

Jeeez, I hear this crap every year from Bama fans. It continues to be a steaming pile.

Why not consider the fact that fans of other schools aren't jealous of Bama and instead dislike Bama because of the attitude of it's fans? :eek:k:

You haven't seen me put anything about jealousy anywhere on this forum. I don't believe it to be the case, at all. If a fan of another school was jealous of Bama's success, they'd simply become a Bama fan.

I just think the "Bama cheats" argument is incredibly tired. It comes off as either an excuse for losing to Bama ("They only win because they cheat") or an attempt at deflecting from on-the-field results ("...but how many times have they been on probation?").

Wasn't the one Tie eventually vacated due to cheating.....again? David Palmer issues...

If that is true, it would stand as 15-15.

Actually, our issues in 1993 were with Antonio Langham. Tennessee had issues with David Palmer. As for the "again", that was the first time Bama football had ever been on probation.

Okay. So over a 30 year period, 16 of which Bama spent on probation, the best Tennessee could accomplish was a split record thanks to a forfeited tie.

Last edited:
Actually, our issues in 1993 were with Antonio Langham. Tennessee had issues with David Palmer. As for the "again", that was the first time Bama football had ever been on probation.

Okay. So over a 30 year period, 16 of which Bama spent on probation, the best Tennessee could accomplish was a split record thanks to a forfeited tie.

I mearly pointed that out to show how Bammers continue to exaggerate and inflate records to suit them. Its absurd.

You could win the rest of the games until football ceases to exist. Doesn't change the fact you are still and always will be a bammer.

BTW - I've lived in Bama and have friends in bama - the toothless jokes and sheep jokes are not far-fetched.

What's the Bama edge? 7 to 10 games? So in the history of play between the two teams Bama picks up an extra win or so every generation? Oh the humanity.

I mearly pointed that out to show how Bammers continue to exaggerate and inflate records to suit them. Its absurd.

You could win the rest of the games until football ceases to exist. Doesn't change the fact you are still and always will be a bammer.

BTW - I've lived in Bama and have friends in bama - the toothless jokes and sheep jokes are not far-fetched.

I live in Tennessee and have for most of my life. The fat and inbred jokes are almost spot-on accurate.

See how that works? Lamest smack talk ever.

Can't we all get along and make fun of Kentucky and Mississippi? As an outsider, I can let you all know for a fact that those two states are much higher up the fat inbred hick totem pole than Bama and TN.

Besides, no matter where you are in the US, you get far enough out in the sticks, it's all 'neck country.

Can't we all get along and make fun of Kentucky and Mississippi? As an outsider, I can let you all know for a fact that those two states are much higher up the fat inbred hick totem pole than Bama and TN.

Besides, no matter where you are in the US, you get far enough out in the sticks, it's all 'neck country.

This is the absolute truth. I saw more mullets at the Cleveland Zoo than I ever have at an SEC football game.

So you feel better about losing ground as long as it's gradual erosion?

Some more perspective. Since the rivalry resumed in the 30s; the record is 39/36/6 in Bama's favor. A 3 game advantage over 80 years? Yep, I can live with that.

Merry Christmas Bamawriter :hi:

Some more perspective. Since the rivalry resumed in the 30s; the record is 39/36/6 in Bama's favor. A 3 game advantage over 80 years? Yep, I can live with that.

Here's some more perspective: 4 in a row.

That's :peace2:

And we can live in the NOW.

Of those 3 games how many was due to cheating..........
Of those games UT won how much was due to cheating
This arguement could go on and on the simple fact is that Bama got caught cheating.......and after this season the NCAA will probally say something about colleges upgrading high school facilities. :peace2:

Here's some more perspective: 4 in a row.

That's :peace2:

And we can live in the NOW.

There is something very comical about a bammer saying that with their 50 national championships and god-like reverance to a dead coach.

Of those 3 games how many was due to cheating..........
Of those games UT won how much was due to cheating
This arguement could go on and on the simple fact is that Bama got caught cheating.......and after this season the NCAA will probally say something about colleges upgrading high school facilities. :peace2:

Pretty sure this just proves my point from 12/24.

What that you are cheaters? One of these days you will end up like SMU!

That always seems ut's only hope in the future to ever change their losing record to Alabama, Auburn, or Florida. Sad to hope for that instead of having faith in their program and new coach.

troll_spray.jpg
This place needs fumigating.

VN Store

Back