Fulton

Fulton High School Boys Varsity Football - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Scroll down to 2013 season. They're legit and will win it all. Ensworth is still the best in the state. They embarrassed maryville in the preseason and quarles even said he was sorry because he thought they would offer more competition. They beat the second ranked team in the nation in trinity earlier this year.

Trinity was nowhere near the 2nd best team in the nation, I don't care what they were ranked. Hell there are atleast two teams in the state of Tennessee better that that over ranked bunch. Anyone doubting Fulton's abilities is either a homer for another school, a straight hater, or both.

P.S. I'm not a Fulton grad, fan, anything. I've just seen them play. They are one of the most well put together teams I've seen in some time. Just believe in giving credit where it's due.

Last edited:
Fulton High School Boys Varsity Football - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Scroll down to 2013 season. They're legit and will win it all. Ensworth is still the best in the state. They embarrassed maryville in the preseason and quarles even said he was sorry because he thought they would offer more competition. They beat the second ranked team in the nation in trinity earlier this year.

The 2nd ranked team you speak of Trinity Ky. Trinity finished the regular season 4-5 this year and Ensworth just got beat by 26 last week (Brentwood Academy).

Ensworth may have embarrassed Maryville in a scrimmage but you might want to pick someone else. Just saying ...

You have your sources and I have mine on the other deal but that doesn't matter.

No offense, but I don't understand your fascination with "teams turned down Fulton". You are making the assumption that "if" it happened, the reason was they were scared. There are a lot of factors going into deciding to play a team and it's a lot more complicated than they are scared to play Fulton.

It means absolutely nothing. Besides, I don't think anyone foresaw the absolute beat down they are putting on everyone they play. While they were very good last year, they didn't put up numbers like they are now. Maybe your scared argument will be much more true next year :)

Nevertheless, good luck to Fulton and I hope they win a title for Knoxville :rock:

Too bad we don't have the champs from each division play each other for an overall state champion. That would be a blast to watch and would end all of the "what-if" discussions.

No offense, but I don't understand your fascination with "teams turned down Fulton". You are making the assumption that "if" it happened, the reason was they were scared. There are a lot of factors going into deciding to play a team and it's a lot more complicated than they are scared to play Fulton.

It means absolutely nothing. Besides, I don't think anyone foresaw the absolute beat down they are putting on everyone they play. While they were very good last year, they didn't put up numbers like they are now. Maybe your scared argument will be much more true next year :)

Nevertheless, good luck to Fulton and I hope they win a title for Knoxville :rock:

Too bad we don't have the champs from each division play each other for an overall state champion. That would be a blast to watch and would end all of the "what-if" discussions.

Not a fascination just responding to someone's post most of the time. And I think it's a little unfair to take one sentence from my post and come up with this. I do agree that an end of the year game between Fulton and Maryville would be something I know a lot of people would welcome and go and watch. Would be one hell of a game.

Last edited:
Not a fascination just responding to someone's post most of the time. And I think it's a little unfair to take one sentence from my post and come up with this. I do agree that an end of the year game between Fulton and Maryville would be something I know a lot of people would welcome and go and watch. Would be one hell of a game.
This was not related to the one post, you've been saying it a lot for the past several weeks which is why I said fascination.

Some examples are below. No big deal, I just don't think it has any bearing on how good they are and nobody has agreed with you on this yet and everyone seems to have a good source. :dance2:

These are not the same teams. Why duck them? Both were asked to play and both declined. You can say all you want but the fact is they dodged Fulton. Fulton had to go out of state to find a 10th game. Nobody wanted to play them. You have no idea what the hell you are taking about. Stay in Blount county where your safe.

Maryville and Alcoa would dodge each other if they could. Both see that another team is going to be good and they don't want to play. No wonder their coaches have great records.
What did you expect him to say? They were asked and gave some kind of schedule excuse.

Last edited:
This was not related to the one post, you've been saying it a lot for the past several weeks which is why I said fascination.

Yes in response to others post. Not a fascination at all. If your going to go all out then post the ones these are attached to. You can take anyone's post and twist them to read how you want but you're only telling half the story.

Last edited:
Yes in response to others post. Not a fascination at all.
I get what you are saying, but you are always the one that brings it up...

I would just stick to their scores for your defense of how good they are :p

I have to say I was expecting a closer game from Carter - I knew Fulton would win big but didn't expect the score at half time - can't remember what it was exactly, but it was a total beat down and the game was over at half time.

What's the best link to see Fulton highlights? My dad played there in the late '60s with Jackie Walker, his brother, and Rod Widby. Dee Dee Lewis was a few years ahead of them. They had a legendary coach, but I can't remember his name.

What's the best link to see Fulton highlights? My dad played there in the late '60s with Jackie Walker, his brother, and Rod Widby. Dee Dee Lewis was a few years ahead of them. They had a legendary coach, but I can't remember his name.

Your dad couldn't have played with Ron Widby because Widby was in the early 60s.

In other East Tennessee news, Science Hill (finally) laid the wood to Dobyns-Bennett tonight. Go Toppers!

"Finally" is the correct word to use. Science Hill now trails DB by "only" 62-24 in the series, all-time, with six of those 24 wins being in the 1920s and 1930s.

Fulton not lookin like the best team in the state tonight. Up 14-13 at the half. Greeneville is putting it on Betsy tonight.

Fulton not lookin like the best team in the state tonight. Up 14-13 at the half. Greeneville is putting it on Betsy tonight.

Didn't have the best night tonight. Seems like they had over 100 yards of penalties. May have been looking ahead to Greeneville. Not sure but not their normal effort tonight.

VN Store

Back