Fulton

You guys are full of ****.
Fulton has played nobody and no, they couldn't beat Ensworth, Maryville and I really have my doubts that they could run Alcoa.
This is pretty much the same team that got beat by Alcoa by 30 last year and is Alcoa's coach scared, yeah, probably but he is chasing a record right now.
The last close game that Fulton had (Alcoa) Black pissed his leg.
If Fulton ever gets behind, we will find out what they are made of.

I've officially nominated this as the dumbest post of the year.

These are not the same teams. Why duck them? Both were asked to play and both declined. You can say all you want but the fact is they dodged Fulton. Fulton had to go out of state to find a 10th game. Nobody wanted to play them. You have no idea what the hell you are taking about. Stay in Blount county where your safe.

Maryville and Alcoa would dodge each other if they could. Both see that another team is going to be good and they don't want to play. No wonder their coaches have great records.

You are full of crap. I asked George Quarles if Rob Black offered a game between Maryville and Fulton. George said no game was ever offered. I would believe George way before I would you.

You are full of crap. I asked George Quarles if Rob Black offered a game between Maryville and Fulton. George said no game was ever offered. I would believe George way before I would you.

I wonder if the same could be said about Alcoa.... I remember Alcoa going to Bell co or Williamsburg KY (can't remember which) because one of the teams needed a game. Alcoa went there and stomped them in the ground so that doesn't really sound like a coach or program thats in the business of ducking. Either way, just what I've heard...not sure if there is truth to any of that or not

What did you expect him to say? They were asked and gave some kind of schedule excuse.

I wonder if the same could be said about Alcoa.... I remember Alcoa going to Bell co or Williamsburg KY (can't remember which) because one of the teams needed a game. Alcoa went there and stomped them in the ground so that doesn't really sound like a coach or program thats in the business of ducking. Either way, just what I've heard...not sure if there is truth to any of that or not

How do you go from playing every year and then all of a sudden stop? Fulton had to ask every team in this area and had to go out of state to fill out their schedule.

Your moniker speaks volumes about your "heritage." MURvil? How about Maryville? Can you speak the King's English? You would believe Quarles way before you would believe someone else? How much is "way before?"

Reactions: 1 person
Your moniker speaks volumes about your "heritage." MURvil? How about Maryville? Can you speak the King's English?

I don't have a dog in this fight but if you're in E TN and say "Mary-ville" no one will have a clue what you're talking about. Usually it's some variation of Murvil/Mervil/etc

I dun purty good in English to

How do you go from playing every year and then all of a sudden stop? Fulton had to ask every team in this area and had to go out of state to fill out their schedule.

Ask your midget AD why.
He will tell you.
I think they should play every year, regardless of how stupid Jody is.

Look, Im a Central guy, but this is just IMO. IMO, there's no one in East Tn that can compete with Fulton. Im gona be honest, I didnt believe Orangepants when he said how good Fulton was earlier this year. But when my Bobcats went over there, I saw first hand how good Fulton is. IMO, No way that Alcoa could hang with Fulton. I think Maryville would keep it close for awhile, but in the end Fulton would win by 2-3 Td's. IMO, nobody in this state could beat Fulton this year and there's only a handful of teams that could keep it close. Fulton will win state, barring any serious injuries.

Look, Im a Central guy, but this is just IMO. IMO, there's no one in East Tn that can compete with Fulton. Im gona be honest, I didnt believe Orangepants when he said how good Fulton was earlier this year. But when my Bobcats went over there, I saw first hand how good Fulton is. IMO, No way that Alcoa could hang with Fulton. I think Maryville would keep it close for awhile, but in the end Fulton would win by 2-3 Td's. IMO, nobody in this state could beat Fulton this year and there's only a handful of teams that could keep it close. Fulton will win state, barring any serious injuries.

Exactly! One poster mentioned that Fulton could score 100 points in a game and that was evidenced by the
62-0 halftime (only) shellacking they laid on Carter. it would have been easy to run the score up in the second half to 100 since Carter was demoralized. But, logic is in short supply among some Alcoa fans it seems. Just glancing at the Alcoa schedule, one finds some real football powerhouses among them, half the teams with losing records, one going 0-10 and one going 1-9.

Hilarious , best team Fulton has probably beat is Gatlinburg Pittman . We Maryville fans actually pull for all of our east tn brothers , but you Fulton guys are making it pretty hard to pull for you by beating us so bad in the IFL (imaginary football league ).
Orange pants , great that you have so much emotion for your team , but I know for a fact that you are lying about Maryville turning Fulton down for a game . Go win 4a and be proud of it , hopefully us Maryville fans will be there and pull for you like we have the other times you've been there . Good luck

Reactions: 1 person
You guys are full of ****.
Fulton has played nobody and no, they couldn't beat Ensworth, Maryville and I really have my doubts that they could run Alcoa.
This is pretty much the same team that got beat by Alcoa by 30 last year and is Alcoa's coach scared, yeah, probably but he is chasing a record right now.
The last close game that Fulton had (Alcoa) Black pissed his leg.
If Fulton ever gets behind, we will find out what they are made of.

I would agree that most on Fulton schedule had down years but how can they control that, some of those programs typically are solid not great but solid, Powell was coming off a 37-4 three year run (with several returning starters who would have thought they would have went 5-5), Farragut is 6-4 in big ole bad 6A. For the record outside of Maryville you have had cupcake city too this year mighty Alcoa... Your beloved Tornadoes were called over ten times and asked to play Fulton (both the head coach and AD), HC used a weak excuse IMO. Now most years is Alcoa better than Fulton yes but this year NO way. Now Maryville is a different animal they are coached so well they can potentially win anytime out. And your right Alcoa's 30+ seniors beat Fulton's Juniors and Soph last year... Fulton runs a pro style offense and throws about 10 times per game and they lead the state in scoring, don't see that everyday what that tells anyone who knows ball that they are scary good. The numbers they are putting up are in about two and half max quarters per game. They will shatter the state scoring record this year and will get close to the National record again with throwing about ten times per game. Oh and not only do they lead the state in scoring by a wide margin they are also one of the top 3 in scoring defense. Don't see that everyday! Team that high in both categories... Good luck in playoffs. Be easy on Yorkie! I'm sure you guys win 3A by landslide. Another East TN state championship.

Last edited:
Hilarious , best team Fulton has probably beat is Gatlinburg Pittman . We Maryville fans actually pull for all of our east tn brothers , but you Fulton guys are making it pretty hard to pull for you by beating us so bad in the IFL (imaginary football league ).
Orange pants , great that you have so much emotion for your team , but I know for a fact that you are lying about Maryville turning Fulton down for a game . Go win 4a and be proud of it , hopefully us Maryville fans will be there and pull for you like we have the other times you've been there . Good luck

Pep Fulton has beat some bad teams no doubt. The kids can't help that they have beat bad teams, the kids don't get to set there own schedule, if the kids set the schedules some of these coaches would have heart attacks, b/c the kids like playing other good teams, some of these coaches are out for wins only, some want NO part of a dogfight... It's a shame some coaches get credit for being a good coach or for X number of career wins but only wants to beat up on lesser teams and feels good about it, SAD!!!

I pull for you guys all the time. I'm not imaginary game fan, so hard to predict Maryville anyway coach is so dang good. I think alot of our fans just wish we could have played your friendly neighbor who we typically play whether we are up or down and funny how they don't play us when we're up. I'm sure you guys will be in Cookeville and I'll be rooting for you. Best of luck!

I can't confirm nor deny if Fulton reached out to Maryville for a game, I never heard Y or N, never heard there name ever mentioned so my guess they didnt call asking for a game. I do know 1000000% that they were turned down by your neighbors.... Oh and most years you guys would win going away playing us but this year I think would be an awesome game.

Pep Fulton has beat some bad teams no doubt. The kids can't help that they have beat bad teams, the kids don't get to set there own schedule, if the kids set the schedules some of these coaches would have heart attacks, b/c the kids like playing other good teams, some of these coaches are out for wins only, some want NO part of a dogfight... It's a shame some coaches get credit for being a good coach or for X number of career wins but only wants to beat up on lesser teams and feels good about it, SAD!!!

I pull for you guys all the time. I'm not imaginary game fan, so hard to predict Maryville anyway coach is so dang good. I think alot of our fans just wish we could have played your friendly neighbor who we typically play whether we are up or down and funny how they don't play us when we're up. I'm sure you guys will be in Cookeville and I'll be rooting for you. Best of luck!

I can't confirm nor deny if Fulton reached out to Maryville for a game, I never heard Y or N, never heard there name ever mentioned so my guess they didnt call asking for a game. I do know 1000000% that they were turned down by your neighbors.... Oh and most years you guys would win going away playing us but this year I think would be an awesome game.

Nice post man , me and my Maryville buddies have gotten there early every time Fulton has been to State to pull for them , hopefully we will again this year . I promise you , I am confirming Maryville was not contacted by Fulton by the best source possible . Not a knock at all , I'm sure both Coaches would like to play each other soon . Maryville had Webb and that was last year of contract , we'll never not play Alcoa , and Sevier Co was our other non district game and we thought that would be a great battle . I'd love to put Oak ridge , Fulton , and maybe Kingsport Db on our schedule . Good luck for the playoffs , hope to see you at Cookeville

One thing that has helped this team was playing in the Under Armour National Select 7 on 7 Challenge in Hoover Ala.

32 teams from across the country ( a lot ranked Nationally). Teams included the likes of Hoover Ala, Byrns Sc, North Cobb and North Gwinnett Ga.

Fulton finished in the top 16 of this field and pulled an upset over North Gwinnett Ga. In the first round. They were also invited back next year to Byrns Sc.

Playing against that kind of talent this summer has payed off this year IMO.

First off you need to go back to some of my post before all this got out of hand. I started by saying IMO Fulton would beat Maryville. Get it IMO. Once you say this you get attacked by everyone in Blount County. And do you not think that Fulton fans will there pulling for Maryville? So if you don't want or it's hard to pull for Fulton because of what I've said then don't. I will still pull for Maryville and Alcoa. You have your sources and I have mine on the other deal but that doesn't matter. So good luck to both Maryville and Alcoa. I hope all the Knoxville teams win it all.

VN Store

Back