Fulmer to be named AD soon

Phil will hire a coach with a style of running the football out of pro set especially the I. That is whenever Butch goes elsewhere. I can't wait to get back to real football.

i'm not sure what football you've been watching but here are few if any oldschool power i running football teams anymore. every school and nfl team runs spread concepts and power concepts. that brand of "real football" is gone so its gonna be a long wait for you.

Reactions: 9 people
We might as well have had a "be the AD for a year" contest for the fans since loving the university was the only requirement.

Reactions: 8 people
If Phil truly loves his university he would set his ego aside and say "I appreciate being considered but I am not qualified for the job as the UT AD. I would love to help out in other ways but not as the AD."

I don't think that highly of Phil but him taking this job would make me think even less of him.

Reactions: 16 people
Ath Dept about to become a bigger laughingstock than it already is. Coaches gonna line up to work for a guy who thinks he should still be the coach. Pure idiocy.

Will fire Butch right away, just to get that off his chest.

Reactions: 2 people
i'm not sure what football you've been watching but here are few if any oldschool power i running football teams anymore. every school and nfl team runs spread concepts and power concepts. that brand of "real football" is gone so its gonna be a long wait for you.

Sad but true..

Reactions: 1 person
Did your parents have any kids that lived?...Seriously?

LWS is a very credible source that has proven he has connections with the football team/UT athletics. Not sure why you feel the need to attack him over sharing information with us, should be grateful.

I love Fulmer(no, before someone asks, I don't think he should still be head coach and agreed with his firing), but I'm not sure what makes him a good candidate for AD.

That being said, I have no idea what makes anyone a good candidate for AD.

I hope he works out, and I know he loves Tn, but far from hiring "best of the best" as Davenport said. Pretty bad that we could not hire someone who has proven they are a successful AD imo.

Wut? Nobody will laugh at this hire

We hired a 65 year old with zero administrative experience in an athletics program that doesn't involve football whose two best qualifications are 1) Loves Tennessee and 2) Won a national title twenty years ago.

What else do you call that?

LWS is a very credible source that has proven he has connections with the football team/UT athletics. Not sure why you feel the need to attack him over sharing information with us, should be grateful.

I love Fulmer(no, before someone asks, I don't think he should still be head coach and agreed with his firing), but I'm not sure what makes him a good candidate for AD.

That being said, I have no idea what makes anyone a good candidate for AD.

Well we can start with experience working in an athletic department in an administrative capacity, none of which Fulmer has.

Reactions: 1 person
Unbelievable. Hire the guy as an AD who you fired as the Head Coach.

Completely and utterly asinine. $100,000,000 + organization and the Big $$$ Donors and UTBOT going to hire a guy with no AD experience because he "loves" the university.

Tennessee to enter another 3-5 years of sports purgatory! The GNB's are clueless - none of them would hire Fulmer to run one of their corporations!

:thud::thud::thud:

Let's not forget that Doug Dickey had no AD experience. Seem to remember that football, wbball, and baseball were winning. While the verdict is still out there it does not mean we will struggle because so and so has no AD experience.

Reactions: 7 people
We hired a 65 year old with zero administrative experience in an athletics program that doesn't involve football whose two best qualifications are 1) Loves Tennessee and 2) Won a national title twenty years ago.

What else do you call that?

Read the 247 article. We haven't yet. Sounds like a power struggle.

Also, boosters say things.

Reactions: 2 people

There are enough coaches that can run the style.

Why? Explain please. I don't see a problem with it at this point. I'd like to see Blackburn get it but if not him, Fulmer.:hi:

He has zero experience being an AD. We also have an excellent veteran AD in the UT system of schools already and he wanted the job..

Reactions: 4 people
Let's not even forget the fact we just hired somebody who is turning 67. He's got what, maybe five years max as AD? Why hire somebody in his 60's?

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back