Fulmer debate extravaganza (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Success like a 55-19 Rose Bowl loss? A loss to a WAC team and a team without a coach in back-to-back years at the Fiesta Bowl? What about an embarrassing home loss to a conference opponent followed by an even more embarrassing one the next year? Or losses to Vanderbilt and Kentucky in the same season?

Richt and Stoops have been more successful than Fulmer, I don't disagree, but there are plenty of reasons to criticize both; they're not the end-all of coaches.

Carroll, on the other hand, is.

Championships make people forget about shortcomings. Fulmer hasn't had one since Clinton.

LSU was not incredibly talented before Saban. Stoops won an NC. That's the biggest game there is. Richt has won as many SEC Championships as Fulmer.

Stoops won a NC with a team he didn't build (13 of his 22 returned i think???) Richt is good but has never really seemed to get over the hump with me idk... Its probably just the last 2 season. I would not put him in the same cat. as the other 3 though (uga fans wanted his head before the midseason turnaround).

I will say with 100% certainty that if Fulmer were having the success that those two have had this decade he would have very few detractors on Volnation.

That's funny cause his job was in jeapordy after the UT game. Did you not see the motivation the UGA players had in the UF game? Do u not think Richt storming his players onto the field after the TD was motivated by a bigger purpose? Look this is why UGA will dissapoint this year. UGA is good, and when playing to their potential are exceptional (just like UT). But the bottom line is UGA will not play to their potential, especially with their schedule. After they are clearly out of the hunt they will end with a mediocre season. Their motivation last year was as the comback kid, when their NC hopes are dashed this year everything else will be a dissapointment.

In short UGA will be a less dramatic version of what happened to UT in 05. Mark my words.

That's funny cause his job was in jeapordy after the UT game. Did you not see the motivation the UGA players had in the UF game? Do u not think Richt storming his players onto the field after the TD was motivated by a bigger purpose?

A popular rumor, but one I don't believe for a second.

Meyer, Schiano, and Carroll were great pickups, Richt has certainly resurrected UGA but has yet do impress too much, Saban did little before and has done nothing since LSU (who is always incredibly talented), and Stoops has won allot in the weak Big 12 (he essentially has to beat Texas to win the conference(except for letting K.St. upset him that one year in the conf champ game)) but he has done nothing in the big game.

So if Fulmer had won two SEC Championships this decade, and went 11-2 with a BCS win, I'lm assuming you'd definately be on the "Fulmer hasn't done anything impressive" bandwagon?

Saban had great success with a Mich St team on probation and completely turned around a lousy LSU team. All he's done as a colleg coach is succeed.

You bet............. consistent failure!

I like losing 4 games a year!

zeke_vomit.jpg

That is one sick photo OE. :)

So if Fulmer had won two SEC Championships this decade, and went 11-2 with a BCS win, I'lm assuming you'd definately be on the "Fulmer hasn't done anything impressive" bandwagon?

Saban had great success with a Mich St team on probation and completely turned around a lousy LSU team. All he's done as a colleg coach is succeed.

So i'm assuming if fulmer 35-24-1 and never won a bowl game you would say hes done nothing but succeed. And your right, except the problem with Richt is his very best teams were not his...

So i'm assuming if fulmer 35-24-1 and never won a bowl game you would say hes done nothing but succeed. And your right, except the problem with Richt is his very best teams were not his...

Yeah, that 2005 team was full of guys from the coach that left 5 years ago. Great point.

Give me a freaking break. So a few fans on a message board are critical of Richt. That in no way means his job security is/was in question as you claimed earlier.

If someone's writing an article about Mark Richt's job security, that would seem to indicate that it was being questioned, at least.

Give me a freaking break. So a few fans on a message board are critical of Richt. That in no way means his job security is/was in question as you claimed earlier.

Ok my bad, he was in fulmer's position. There are disgruntled fans but his job is not really in jeopardy.

If someone's writing an article about Mark Richt's job security, that would seem to indicate that it was being questioned, at least.

I imagine the author received a few emails about the subject or listened to a few necks on a call-in show. Richt's job security has never been in question.

Oh really? His first 3 years he had an 88% win %. His last 5 hes got a 75% win %... I'd say theres been a drop off. In addition his very best season (13-1) was in his second year. So i'd have to say since its been completely his team they have been at least 1 loss worse.

On the contrary Richt has been an incredible bowl coach.

Regardless, the point is his success has not even approached the other three i mentioned. He has done well, not incredible.

Oh really? His first 3 years he had an 88% win %. His last 5 hes got a 75% win %... I'd say theres been a drop off. In addition his very best season (13-1) was in his second year. So i'd have to say since its been completely his team they have been at least 1 loss worse.

On the contrary Richt has been an incredible bowl coach.

Regardless, the point is his success has not even approached the other three i mentioned. He has done well, not incredible.

You are the one using that idiotic "not his team" argument. You don't think that by the 2nd and 3rd years his system wasn't completely installed? You don't think by the 2nd and 3rd years he didn't have players that he had recruited playing?

actually Brewer, either a) stop arguing or b) do your homework, Richt's winning percentage is only slightly worse in the last 4 years than in his first 3

first 3 - 80%
last 4 - 78.4%

sit down

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back