Fulmer debate extravaganza (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to get a new fact sheet my friend. He took over during the 92' season. Hense that's why he gets credit for 4/5 games that season!

Lol. Split hairs if you want. He was interim coach for a couple games that became permanent after the season.

Nice comeback. No facts. Emotion only

I probably would start out spotting you 2 up a side. You would be crying for 3 on the back

Lol. Nothing emotional about it. Who has won a national title at Tennessee in your lifetime? Your love affair with NFL players produced is not only dumb but wrong. Golf is irrelevant but making ludicrous, emotional statements when you don't have a clue is also stupid. I'd play for $100 a hole straight up, lose on purpose, & tell you to take your money if you wanted it.

Reactions: 1 person
We got screwed a lot of ways that had nothing to do with Fulmer. The SEC scholly limits that came from Ole Miss signing 35 or so players in one year hurt us BAD. Also, the crackdown on grey area recruiting has done nothing but help the teams that were on top when the crackdown started and hurt everyone else. Slive's willingness to change the rules interpretation to benefit some while throwing others under the bus tells me all I need to know. The Vols will have a fair shot at resurrection when the Bama bootlickers no longer run the conference. The next move the SEC needs to make is to move to HQ to Atlanta.

Lol. Nothing emotional about it. Who has won a national title at Tennessee in your lifetime? Your love affair with NFL players produced is not only dumb but wrong. Golf is irrelevant but making ludicrous, emotional statements when you don't have a clue is also stupid. I'd play for $100 a hole straight up, lose on purpose, & tell you to take your money if you wanted it.

What's wrong about my facts concerning the NFL? Players getting drafted and making rosters is absolutely indicative of talent on the college team. So our slide to mediocrity and the fact that it coincides with producing less NFL talent is dumb? It's ABSOLUTELY a reflection that recruiting and coaching were lacking the last 7-8 years.

Last edited:
He didn't huh? Only one year removed from back to back SEC championships when he took over. Get more knowledge before you post ignorance!

HERE'S MORE KNOWLEDGE

Had 13 straight winning seasons in which we finished in the to 10 8 times

Had two losing seasons in 16+years.

Finished in the to 25 13 times

Had an overall record of 152-52

WHAT YOU GOT?:yes:

Last edited:
HERE'S MORE KNOWLEDGE:

Fulmer took over an 0-6 team midseason and won 5 straight games

Went 11-1 the next year and we finished ranked 5th

Had 16 straight winning seasons in which we finished in the to 10 9 times

Had two losing seasons in 20 years.

Finished in the to 25 16 times

Had an overall record of 183-60-2.

What year did Fulmer take over a 0-6 team?

As head coach, Fulmer led us to 5 final top ten finishes

Microdot or blater? Full caps?

HERE'S MORE KNOWLEDGE:

Fulmer took over an 0-6 team midseason and won 5 straight games

Went 11-1 the next year and we finished ranked 5th

Had 16 straight winning seasons in which we finished in the to 10 9 times

Had two losing seasons in 20 years.

Finished in the to 25 16 times

Had an overall record of 183-60-2.

where did you get that number?

Are you actually giving Phil credit for wins as Johnny's OC?

:crazy:

it was time for phil to go--his recruiting started going down and he started losing too many games. but hamilton made a terrible hire to replace him.

If this thread is going to be bumped, it might as well be with something worthwhile

[Youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zqcSk7Vjzu4[/Youtube]

HERE'S MORE KNOWLEDGE

Had 13 straight winning seasons in which we finished in the to 10 8 times

Had two losing seasons in 16+years.

Finished in the to 25 13 times

Had an overall record of 152-52

He took over a well established program (one year removed from back to back SEC championships and went he left the program was at or right near the bottom of the SEC! Dat's wut iz gots!

He took over a well established program (one year removed from back to back SEC championships and went he left the program was at or right near the bottom of the SEC! Dat's wut iz gots!

You are utterly stupid. We had a horrible record, until he was named OC, after which we got two sec championships. No I am not giving him HC credit, but we were sucking big time until he was named OC....and that is a fact. Remember that reporter that refused to leave the booth until we won? He was a big part of why we did win those championships, and he is also the guy that carried the team when Majors went MIA on the team. Majors had health issues, and also some things in his personal life. Not blaming him for his issues, but Fulmer was the one who came in and saved the season. You must get your info from johnny cause that is simply NOT how it went down.......If Fulmer didn't become OC, I really doudt we would have got those two SEC titles. We were sucking big time prior to that.

Last edited:
You are utterly stupid. We had a horrible record, until he was named OC, after which we got two sec championships. No I am not giving him HC credit, but we were sucking big time until he was named OC....and that is a fact. Remember that reporter that refused to leave the booth until we won? He was a big part of why we did win those championships, and he is also the guy that carried the team when Majors went MIA on the team. Majors has health issues, and also some things in his personal life. Not blaming him for his issues, but Fulmer was the one who came in and saved the season. You must get your info from johnny cause that is simply NOT how it went down.......If Fulmer didn't become OC, I really doudt we would have got those two SEC titles. We were sucking big time prior to that.

This... Shows... Just how much you really don't know............. It wasn't abooth. It was a bilboard and I highly doubt that guy is why we started winning! We were doing just fine before he became OC in 89. Two Sec championships and that INCREDIBLE Sugar Bowl victory!

Last edited:
You are utterly stupid. We had a horrible record, until he was named OC, after which we got two sec championships. No I am not giving him HC credit, but we were sucking big time until he was named OC....and that is a fact. Remember that reporter that refused to leave the booth until we won? He was a big part of why we did win those championships, and he is also the guy that carried the team when Majors went MIA on the team. Majors has health issues, and also some things in his personal life. Not blaming him for his issues, but Fulmer was the one who came in and saved the season. You must get your info from johnny cause that is simply NOT how it went down.......If Fulmer didn't become OC, I really doudt we would have got those two SEC titles. We were sucking big time prior to that.

Now you must know by now not to bring facts into this debate. I can hear the spinning the anti-Fulmer folks are doing right now.

Reactions: 3 people
That's right. Spin the 152-52 record in the SEC. Obama needs you to promote his healthcare bill.

There was no manipulation of facts or "spinning" to twist the discussion into my benefit. I simply posted the facts.

Does CPF have an excellent record in the SEC during the course of his overall career? Yes...certainly. Did he compile most of those wins and stats during a time when the SEC wasn't balanced and was dominated by basically two teams (Florida and Tennessee)? Yes.

Those are facts of the discussion that you chose to ignore.

If anyone has "spun" anything here it was yourself by going completely off track and inserting a remark about BHO that has NOTHING to do with this discussion nor do I even support that administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back