*****Freak's Friday night before the Florida game, admittedly off topic thread

A few things that concern me:

Getting caught up in the moment. Seniors and leaders are key to keep our young guys mentally focused.

Up and down pass rush. At some point Tennessee has to put it together for 4 quarters. Don’t get washed out and create a lane for an explosive play.

Coverage. Tennessee cannot have breakdowns late. Yes, Florida will get some plays in the passing game but no one should be running wide open.

LB play. Can Tennessee play well enough consistently to spy and not get caught on their heels. He may be lacking confidence but a few plays can change not only his mindset but the entire offense.

WRs: Tilman will either be out or limited. Who’s the guy that fills those shoes. Bru certainly has the talent and there’s no better stage than Saturday afternoon. Squirrel can carry some of it but youth may play a factor.

RBs: Wright, Small if he’s full go, and Sampson. They know Hooker can run so who’s going to make Florida respect them enough to open up the passing game. The option we saw against Akron is a good thing to have in your pocket but someone has to be ready to earn the tough yards.

Punting: it’s come to the point I have to look away and hope it’s clean. I don’t know if it’s a blocking issue or an urgency issue. If Napier wants to change field position in a blink the block is there almost every time and he should make Tennessee prove they can block.

Coaching: most of us know CJH can get it done but when does it come together in all 3 phases? When will a Tennessee HC get over this hump consistently? As someone pointed out their roster is full of freshmen and sophomores. If not now when will Tennessee get there?

49-21 Vols

Even being in the T10 the media still knocks us for beating a weak Florida team

Dang what a moron, I was sure the thread Volly started last night was this one. My apologies for inferring @Freak was a slacker. Now on to more important stuff, it's GameDay! Go Vols!

After Antonio Calloway in 2015, I said I was done. Definitely not done with Vol Football. But I was never gonna get emotionally invested. Wasn’t gonna lose sleep over games. Wasn’t going to get butterflies before a game. Not think about games during work.

Monday I started thinking about the game. This morning I got the butterflies. I was drawing football plays in my notebook.

Feels good to get that feeling again.

Dang that sounds familiar! We are nuts, why get so pumped for a game we aren’t playing in and haven’t even prepped for, but its hard not to live for that rush that comes from winning! Is it worth the sick feeling that comes from losing. Yes, yes it is!

And I am definitely gonna try some reeses s’mores after reading this thrread!!

Go Vols! Put yourselves on the big board tomorrow! You have brought the vols fans back from despair to high hopes! Win or lose thanks for that!

I don't know if this is over sentimental and I'm sure it's just common. But my best bud of 50 years is coming over to watch the game and we are going to experience this epic battle together - big screen, full volume.

I asked my wonderful wife for post-game pizza or hot dogs. Of course, she bought angus filets.

Autumn and Tennessee football are a breath of fresh air, the butterflies in your tummy that you remember, especially when they are shared with your friends.

Reactions: joevol33
After my son’s flag football game, the plans are to build this hallway dresser thing my wife got from IKEA.

Since the game starts at 9:30 for us our pre game dinner will be pizza and Döner Kebaps.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Just had a great dinner at Seasons, jammed guitars for 2 hours with one of my best friends, and wrapped the butt in hopes that 202 will hit around 7 a.m. Gonna be a good day.

I can't wait to watch Tony V this morning at 9:30. He never disappoints.

As I have for the past 20 or so years, I tape the Florida game and go into stealth mode for 3-4 hours during the game. I don't answer my phone (texts or calls) or, watch anything on TV related to sports. The Florida game almost always dictates the outcome of our season, so when it is over, I sit alone in darkness and watch the game. Historically speaking, the UF game may only take 10-15 minutes of my time because of the monkey on our back syndrome. I HATE watching gators chomp, cheer and win, so the FF button is my best friend.
Today, I am hoping/praying (and feeling confident) that I will watch the entire 60 minutes for the first time since the late 90s and only FF through the commercials. BTW, the ONLY thing I remember from 4 years in classrooms at UT is one of my early Marketing professors told us that all TV commercials are focused on making a 9 year old laugh. Think about it, cuz 45 years later, he's still right.

Go Vols - I could use a new Alligator belt and shoes!!

Watching from home and invited a friend from work over. She doesn’t know anything about football so it’s my opportunity to turn her into a Vol fan. We’re having bbq pork sliders and chips with queso and salsa.
As for other games, I’m looking forward to Arky/A&M and Auburn/Mizzou. The latter will be a glorious train wreck lol. Next week we’re going over to my boss’ house for the Arky/Bama game. He’s a hog fan.
How'd it go watching it with the other girl? Lol

How'd it go watching it with the other girl? Lol
She brought another girl over. 🙄 And of course she tried to talk about everything other than the game/football. This was especially hard for me during the 1st qtr. However…a rivalry game like this was probably not the best to explain the game to someone who doesn’t know football.

She brought another girl over. 🙄 And of course she tried to talk about everything other than the game/football. This was especially hard for me during the 1st qtr. However…a rivalry game like this was probably not the best to explain the game to someone who doesn’t know football.
Women 🙄, right? Lol

VN Store

Back