*****Freak's Friday night before the Florida game, admittedly off topic thread

I mean this is it. This is why CJH gets paid the big bucks, to whip FL's azz. I'm just not feeling the "we're gonna blow it" butterflies this year. FL is a mess, Richardson is a mess, it doesn't sound like anyone's bought in over there, weakest roster in years. The time to turn the tide on this series is right now. I expect us to embarrass them and if we don't, we're not anywhere near where we need to be as a program. UF looked like a dumpster fire against USF last week and KY laid the wood to them and didn't even play well.

I cannot friggin' wait. Been traveing for work all week. Bout to through some chimichurri chicken kabobs on the grill and chill with my wife and baby. Tomorrow we're heading to our friends' house for the game and picking up pizzas on the way. Will be yelling at the big screen the rest of the afternoon. Looking forward to that Ark - TAM game after ours. Wife is a razorback and I really like Sam Pittman. They're not a bad team from the west to root for.

I can't believe this game is finally here. Praise Lawd Sweet Baby Jesus and Go Vols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, what a week it's been. I can't remember Knoxville being this hyped in a long, long time. Hopefully, that's a good thing.

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of checkering Neyland and wearing special uniforms for this game. Sometimes, I wish we'd treat this like any other game. But the reality is, it's not just any other game. If you visit this forum often, you know that Florida is the SEC team that people are posting about most often. In late August, we were weighing the impact that a loss to Florida would have on the fan's perception of Heupel. In early August, it was "is this the year we get the monkey off of our back." In late July, we started the Florida mockery early. In June, it was, "how would a loss to Florida make you feel?" In May, we discussed the Vols opening as early favorites.

I could go on, but you get the point.

Some might still try to argue that Alabama is Tennessee's biggest SEC rivalry, but most fans believe that designation belongs to Florida. Whichever team that follows (Bama, Georgia or Vandy) is a distant second.

A couple of stats I saw this week that I found interesting.

1. Only five teams have been favorites in every game this year and covered. You guessed it, Tennessee is on that list. When's the last time Tennessee covered the spread in each of its first three games? I'm glad you asked. The answer is, 1998.

2. Tennessee hasn't been favored against Florida by more than five points in the last 44 years. According to the latest odds, the Vols are favored by 10.5 points tomorrow.

Not that I've gotten my rant out of the way.....

Who's going to the game tomorrow? Tailgating plans?

Who traveled the furthest to get here?

Thos watching from home, any plans? What's on the menu? Anyone grilling?

Anybody checking out a high school game tonight?

What other games are you most looking forward to this weekend?

As always, Go VOLS!

Watching the Braves tonight and will keep an eye on the Arkansas-Texas A%M tilt tomorrow.

Reactions: DD4ME
I spent all evening putting up one of those big gazebos over half of my new porch. Probably 75% done, but don't think I find much time to finish it tomorrow before rain starts for three days on Sunday. :(

Going to watch the game at a local bar with the Pittsburgh Alumni Chapter. The only bad part about that? They invite the UF alumni to come join us for the watch party. :(

I spent all evening putting up one of those big gazebos over half of my new porch. Probably 75% done, but don't think I find much time to finish it tomorrow before rain starts for three days on Sunday. :(

Going to watch the game at a local bar with the Pittsburgh Alumni Chapter. The only bad part about that? They invite the UF alumni to come join us for the watch party. :(

Why would you invite the gators to a perfectly fun party?

I wish so badly I could be at the game, but I’m up in yinzerland Pennsylvania. I was loud at the Pitt game and I’ll be loud (and probably a bit drunk) on my couch tomorrow. I feel the vibes for this game so intensely up here I can’t even imagine how awesome it would be to be back home this weekend! Go Vols!!

Continuing our family tradition tomorrow. Family and friends coming over. Not cooking for this game. (Trying to stay focused🤣)
We will have chips, dips, and Slick Pig wings, a Murfreesboro delicacy.
WGWTFA!!!!

It's just the viewpoint I see most on this board and here locally in Knoxville. I'm not dismissing those who feel Alabama is the biggest rivalry, but I believe it's no longer the view held by the majority.

Edit: I could be wrong. Someone posted a poll two years ago and the results still favored Bama. I'd really be surprised, though, if that's still representative of the fan base as a whole.

Could that be because we have a better chance of beating Florida than Alabama? The last 15 years have been forgettable and we have now [potentially] caught up with Florida. To me, Florida is the first school to conquer/pass and that would be the first sign in getting back to the top. Still a ways to go to get to Georgia or Bama.

Go Vols!!

Watching from home and invited a friend from work over. She doesn’t know anything about football so it’s my opportunity to turn her into a Vol fan. We’re having bbq pork sliders and chips with queso and salsa.
As for other games, I’m looking forward to Arky/A&M and Auburn/Mizzou. The latter will be a glorious train wreck lol. Next week we’re going over to my boss’ house for the Arky/Bama game. He’s a hog fan.
I hate watching football with women who don't know anything about it lol.

I stumbled across a UT alumni chapter up here and will be watching the game with them at a local restaurant. I’m bringing the family and can’t wait.

Tonight we are watching the UVA game on the 108” projector while enjoying the first bonfire of the season and making s’mores with Reese’s PB cups instead of hersheys. Amazing
I love Reese's, I'll have to try that. I've had a fried Reese's and it is probably the most amazing thing I've ever eaten before.

Reactions: DD4ME and Hacksaw
I hate watching football with women who don't know anything about it lol.
Oh she “watched” the Pitt game with me. She tries to talk about non game related topics too much. 😵‍💫 I don’t fault her for it. She just doesn’t know yet that you don’t talk to/interrupt me during a game. She’s bout to find out lol.

I saw one of the best high school football games I’ve ever seen last night between Alcoa and West. (My daughter is in the West band. I’m sure her flute solo made the difference in the game.). Both teams made some great plays with some impressive athletes.

That was the FCA Game Of The Week on the Thursday Night Rivalry.

I wish so badly I could be at the game, but I’m up in yinzerland Pennsylvania. I was loud at the Pitt game and I’ll be loud (and probably a bit drunk) on my couch tomorrow. I feel the vibes for this game so intensely up here I can’t even imagine how awesome it would be to be back home this weekend! Go Vols!!
Where about are you? We're all meeting in Cranberry at the Cranberry Sports Bar. Join us, if you aren't too far away!

I’m watching UVA/Syracuse game being very glad we didn’t get Tony Elliott as our coach. Tomorrow, I’ll be watching the Vols by my lonesome. Probably, a good thing, I’m very nervous about this game. Just never know what to expect. My husband is in Texas this weekend, so I don’t have to fight him for the remote, Longhorns are on at the same time. Arky/A&M should be a great game, I picked the hogs, but I’m hedging a little! Go Vols!🧡🍊🧡

I’m watching UVA/Syracuse game being very glad we didn’t get Tony Elliott as our coach. Tomorrow, I’ll be watching the Vols by my lonesome. Probably, a good thing, I’m very nervous about this game. Just never know what to expect. My husband is in Texas this weekend, so I don’t have to fight him for the remote, Longhorns are on at the same time. Arky/A&M should be a great game, I picked the hogs, but I’m hedging a little! Go Vols!🧡🍊🧡
My husband is in TX too.

Reactions: DD4ME and VolGirl81
Where about are you? We're all meeting in Cranberry at the Cranberry Sports Bar. Join us, if you aren't too far away!
I’ll keep in mind that there’s Vol fans out that way! I’m in New Kensington, about an hour away. I would be tempted to show up tomorrow if I didn’t have a house party planned right after the game.

Reactions: DD4ME and rwemyss
I’ll keep in mind that there’s Vol fans out that way! I’m in New Kensington, about an hour away. I would be tempted to show up tomorrow if I didn’t have a house party planned right after the game.
Cool. I go out that direction every now and then. Has been a few months. I work for Alcoa. I'd PM all of this to you, but @Freak refuses to turn it back on. :)

University of Tennessee Alumni Association - Pittsburgh Chapter

I think we'll have at least one more watch party this year. Always enjoy spending time with some other Vols.

12:30 kick here, so pizzas or take-out bbq so I don't have to worry about cooking during the game.

Reactions: DD4ME

VN Store

Back