*****Freak's Friday night before the Florida game, admittedly off topic thread

The crowd will be hyped for this game regardless. And it's not that I think there's a game more deserving, but it gives Florida more respect than they deserve. Piss on them. After we win tomorrow and start our own streak, another team's fan base can hype up the Gators. They aren't crap.
FTK75lIWYAA1i3r~2.jpeg

Reactions: DD4ME and joevol33
The crowd will be hyped for this game regardless. And it's not that I think there's a game more deserving, but it gives Florida more respect than they deserve. Piss on them. After we win tomorrow and start our own streak, another team's fan base can hype up the Gators. They aren't crap.
As much as I hate them (more than any other team in CFB), and agree this isn’t a Spurrier or Meyer coached Florida team, our W/L record against them states the facts loud and clear. I personally feel like dismissing them or not respecting them in light of that would be lying to myself.

In any case, I grew up in the 90s not realizing just how much Alabama used to have our number and mentally marked them as another W on the schedule - crazy to think about in retrospect. I certainly hope tomorrow can be our 1995 Bama game moment and kickstart our own streak vs Florida as you say.

Reactions: DD4ME
Currently watching Page High vs Giles County. Can’t wait for tmrw! Watching with friends in our neighborhood. GBO!

Having a joint birthday party for my oldest kid and youngest kid (turning 7 and 1, respectively). Wife scheduled the party from 11am to 2pm. She understood the assignment.
Are their birthdays on the same day? I figure they're both close to the same time so you're combining them, but it would be cool if they were the same day.

Are their birthdays on the same day? I figure they're both close to the same time so you're combining them, but it would be cool if they were the same day.

They’re a couple weeks apart, but kid birthdays are a big production in our family so we decided to pick a day in between for them to share a party.

Watching from home w/ my 3 month old (she already loves watchin’ the Vols w/ dad!) I have 3 pounds of gator to throw on the grill tomorrow. Gonna fix some chili and sausage balls as well. Picked up some Sam Adams Octoberfest.

After Antonio Calloway in 2015, I said I was done. Definitely not done with Vol Football. But I was never gonna get emotionally invested. Wasn’t gonna lose sleep over games. Wasn’t going to get butterflies before a game. Not think about games during work.

Monday I started thinking about the game. This morning I got the butterflies. I was drawing football plays in my notebook.

Feels good to get that feeling again.

@Freak woild it be frowned upon if I bump the Official Florida Game Thread from 2016? 😬

The first couple of pages are people saying basically the same stuff that’s been said in this forum all week…

@Freak woild it be frowned upon if I bump the Official Florida Game Thread from 2016? 😬

The first couple of pages are people saying basically the same stuff that’s been said in this forum all week…
I'm not freak, but I'd say have at it man. I've never seen anyone get blasted around here for a bump. If it's interesting it stays near the top. If it isn't, it quickly heads back down the list.

Newly located in SC but I have had my flag up for weeks. The weather outside will be beautiful so I’ll be watching the game on the deck and grilling an assortment of meats and washing it down with some nice cold brews. It will just be me and the family, since I just moved here and have no friends but everyone down here likes Clemson or USCjr. So am I really missing out on having no friends? There’s actually 3 other people in my neighborhood with some type of VOLS paraphernalia on their house, cars or yard so maybe I’ll have to introduce myself sooner than later. WGWTFA! GBO!

Reactions: Coach_Z and DD4ME
Just got to the airport Hilton and much to my surprise…they are the visiting them host. F’n gators everywhere.
So Friday night before the game I’m sitting in Cooper’s bar drinking around, not with, a bunch of swampass.

Well, certainly didn’t see Virginia coming back in this game. Syracuse has given it away. Hoos need to go to the frat houses and get them a kicker!

For those of you who visit rivals ....tos... what happened to bent hubs, austin price, rob, and others. Have seen new group doing podcast, articles, etc for weeks havent heard anything from old guys

VN Store

Back