Former Pearl Assistants struggling (split)

And to think there is a Orange Tea Party base hoping Coach Martin fails in 3 yrs so that Pearl can be rehired back at UT. Amazing. If Coach Martin is not successful going in reverse should never be an option. Pearls time at UT was historical with a SAD ending.

Racists!

All valid points. I don't think Shay's an innocent party. I just feel for him because I think he was probably under a lot of pressure to lie. But, you're right, he did bring it on himself. I just think it's a lowlife move by Pearl to provide them with no assistance and essentially never speak to them again. I can't help but feel sorry for Shay; not as much for Forbes.

If Pearl would have do the right thing. Tell Steve "sorry you should not have lied to the ncaa" walked in and told the aa "that is my kitchen and Shays wife" walked out and did not discuss with shay what he said.(per ncaa rules) let Shay lie. wait for the ncaa decision wich would be a "show cause" for Forbes and Shay. A secondary violation for TN. and some reduced recruiting time for pearl. Some of ya'll would be holding this up as proof that Pearl is "slime" and is "only watching out for himself" and " cant be trusted".
Its funny to me that you hate pearl but somehow feel bad for the assistants that displayed the same character flaws.

Do you think Pearl didnt feel any pressure to lie?
Also is it lowlife to have more money than someone else?
Did Shay ask for help?
Did Pearl offer?
what if peal helped them get the jobs they have(I have no idea if he helped at all)would you still call that a low life move.

And to think there is a Orange Tea Party base hoping Coach Martin fails in 3 yrs so that Pearl can be rehired back at UT. Amazing. If Coach Martin is not successful going in reverse should never be an option. Pearls time at UT was historical with a SAD ending.

It's not.

People just have a hard time letting go of the guy that would have torpedoed the program, for some reason.

People just have a hard time letting go of the guy that would have torpedoed the program, for some reason.

Kind of like Kiffin?

Also, it's hilarious these morons think they would've been fired for telling the truth, when the fact is they would all still be employed by the University of Tennessee.

Kind of like Kiffin?

Also, it's hilarious these morons think they would've been fired for telling the truth, when the fact is they would all still be employed by the University of Tennessee.

Exactly like Kiffin, since he's currently serving out a three-year show cause while unemployed.

They would only still be employed if Pearl told the truth as well. Since he didn't, we can only assume.

Exactly like Kiffin, since he's currently serving out a three-year show cause while unemployed.

They would only still be employed if Pearl told the truth as well. Since he didn't, we can only assume.

Bruce Pearl is unemployed?

And it's laughable that you don't think Kiffin would have torpedoed the program. You of all people should cut a little slack to the 'Pearlophiles.'

Bruce Pearl is unemployed?

And it's laughable that you don't think Kiffin would have torpedoed the program. You of all people should cut a little slack to the 'Pearlophiles.'

what makes one a "Pearlophile or a Fulmerite".? im not being an ass, but I have seen those terms thrown around alot and Im not sure what puts you in the running for those monikers.

My bug eyed effeminate friend you haven't read the posters. There is a growing faction of fans wanting Pearl back in the saddle in 3 yrs. Read sometimes it helps. Racist? Seriously? How you spinned that is beyond me. But as someone said long go, Don't hate the Black, don't hate the White. If you get bit just hate the bite. I'll let that soak in for you.:shades:

what makes one a "Pearlophile or a Fulmerite".? im not being an as but I have seen those terms thrown around alot and Im not sure what puts you in the running for those monikers.

Not hating the best coaches to come through UT in the past 50 years.

My bug eyed effeminate friend you haven't read the posters. There is a growing faction of fans wanting Pearl back in the saddle in 3 yrs. Read sometimes it helps. Racist? Seriously? How you spinned that is beyond me. But as someone said long go, Don't hate the Black, don't hate the White. If you get bit just hate the bite. I'll let that soak in for you.:shades:

sarcasm bro

I must have missed the threads where people are calling for this to happen.

Spinded*
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Those that refused to see Bruce for what he is, regardless of what was revealed.

Ok so there are some who say he is basically a good guy who made mistakes, does charity work and yada yada yada.

And then we have some who say he is all about pearl.He is slime and cant be trusted.

So who's right.

Ok so there are some who say he is basically a good guy who made mistakes, does charity work and yada yada yada.

And then we have some who say he is all about pearl.He is slime and cant be trusted.

So who's right.

The folks claiming he was and is UT basketball are wrong. Always have been and always will be.

Going from $150,000 to $20,000 is a huge, huge hit. Also, considering his wife is a teacher, the Shays are barely scraping by. I don't blame them at all for hating Pearl.

I went from $60,000 to $25,000 to Nothing within 3 years. We were living off my Wife's salary at $22,000 for 2 years.

All I can say is that it changed my life for the better and now money alot less control than before and now that I am making pretty good money I have alot more respect for it.

It may or may not help them but everything in life is only what you make of it.

The folks claiming he was and is UT basketball are wrong. Always have been and always will be.

Then what is UT basketball. Black curtains? Empty seats? Mediocre basketball? Seriously, what is it? Is it Ray Mears, who had less success that Bruce Pearl and cheated alot more than him. I would honestly like to know what you consider UT basketball, because without Bruce, i've got nothing.

Personally I was a Bruce follower and fan and when the news broke I wasn't upset with him as I thought it was a stupid situation and how espn handled it was over the top. After seeing how Bruce has reacted and doesn't seem to be sorry for what he did might show who he really is as a person. I am not like some on here that seem to like watching everyone fall and posting about it but I think how he has handled this isn't very honorable.
I don't expect him to give his assitants money because they need to figure out their problems on their own. Life is never going to be totally fair to anyone and you shouldn't go through life expecting it.

Then what is UT basketball. Black curtains? Empty seats? Mediocre basketball? Seriously, what is it? Is it Ray Mears, who had less success that Bruce Pearl and cheated alot more than him. I would honestly like to know what you consider UT basketball, because without Bruce, i've got nothing.

It is all of it. Good bad and ugly.

Then do everyone a favor and stay away. Everyone wins.

VN Store

Back