Former Pearl Assistants struggling (split)

I just thought they figured they could have the bbq and blow it off because it would be a minor violation and the admin wouldn't be too mad because of the success they had been having and how popular they were.

and if they had been smart enough to self report it right away it would have been a minor one

Also, Shay isn't doing himself any favors by airing this publicly. The leaving the dog behind, good grief. It tells me he either is bitter as hell and doesn't care about the ramifications or that he isn't looking to have a future in coaching. Airing this kind of thing in public usually never turns out good for you.

Also, Shay isn't doing himself any favors by airing this publicly. The leaving the dog behind, good grief. It tells me he either is bitter as hell and doesn't care about the ramifications or that he isn't looking to have a future in coaching. Airing this kind of thing in public usually never turns out good for you.

I agree, but it is interesting that staff who were with him for years have turned against him and portray him as dishonest and only concerned for himself.

I agree with you here. If you are afraid to roll your boss in a meeting with the NCAA, what gives you the confidence that rolling him in the media isn't going to be perceived similarly by potential future employers? You may have been loyal to him in the meeting, but in the public eye, you have run a smear campaign against him in a nationwide run news article by airing your grievances.

Also, bad idea to let his wife get involved and to be interviewed. At the risk of stereotyping, women tend to allow their emotions speak on their behalf. She is obviously still angry, saddened, disappointed with Pearl and she said some things that they both probably regretted when they saw it in print.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree, but it is interesting that staff who were with him for years have turned against him and portray him as dishonest and only concerned for himself.

Who are they fooling though? They were dishonest themselves. Whether it was to cover their boss' ass or their own ass.

When push comes to shove, 99.9% of people will look out for taking care of themselves and their family. I don't blame Pearl one bit for not giving them handouts. Shay and his wife are just pissed that the 150K gravy train stopped and they are actually having to manage their money and work like the majority of Americans at making a living.

I think that's human nature. When it's going good, most are happy. When things get messed up, people turn on each other, regardless of the depths or lengths of relationships, especially when it's business.
It's all BP's fault. Period.
However, Jana Shay didn't seem to have an issue with BP's character for 10 years. Now that things have changed, she does.

I agree with you here. If you are afraid to roll your boss in a meeting with the NCAA, what gives you the confidence that rolling him in the media isn't going to be perceived similarly by potential future employers? You may have been loyal to him in the meeting, but in the public eye, you have run a smear campaign against him in a nationwide run news article by airing your grievances.

Also, bad idea to let his wife get involved and to be interviewed. At the risk of stereotyping, women tend to allow their emotions speak on their behalf. She is obviously still angry, saddened, disappointed with Pearl and she said some things that they both probably regretted when they saw it in print.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yep, the wife bit was a little too much along with the vacations and the facebook revelations. That's petty really and smacks of bitterness and envy. I imagine Parrish has gotten to know them over the years so they felt comfortable talking to him like they would a friend.

They're still going through the stages of denial and anger. The shock is over after being fired. Now they're working through the other stages. Acceptance will come eventually.

I think that's human nature. When it's going good, most are happy. When things get messed up, people turn on each other, regardless of the depths or lengths of relationships, especially when it's business.
It's all BP's fault. Period.
However, Jana Shay didn't seem to have an issue with BP's character for 10 years. Now that things have changed, she does.

Just because her husband worked with Pearl for 10 years does not mean she approved of his character that whole time. That is something we just dont know.

Just because her husband worked with Pearl for 10 years does not mean she approved of his character that whole time. That is something we just dont know.

Maybe so. We don't know. We sure didn't hear anything about it when things were going well. That's part of the point. If character was such an issue for her, it wasn't big enough of an issue for them to move to another staff and he could have done that at any time. For 10 years.

I swear I read somewhere that Bruce introduced the Shays to each other. Does anyone else remember reading or hearing this?

What a bunch of cry babies. Seriously? I aint a Pearl fan but he's not Jesus. These are grown men and they are asking about Pearl taking care of them? Wow. Who cares how many vacations the guy goes on. They are just as much to blame as Pearl is in all of this. If Pearl is that bad, I promise his assistants aren't angels.

VN Store

Back