Former Bulldog Aaron Murray on Jeremy Pruitt

He didn’t say anything that I wouldn’t expect from a UT rival. Ga would be happy to see Tennessee never win again just as we would them. No one knows if Pruitt will mess his pants like Butch did in the last 2 minutes vs Fla. Hell, he doesn’t know.

I agree with him the team is not very talented. They looked like **** last year with even a worse effort. It’s time some of these high school stars show they can play or move on.

That amounts to the same as saying “He or she has a great personality, but not very good looking “.

He says he doesn't think he is the guy to be the CEO so to speak.
I think I have read somewhere that a successful CEO or good manager does one thing really well.
He surrounds himself with high quality people that actually do the real managing and implementing. Dead wood is removed.
Maybe it's too early to say but I think he has taken a strong first step in that direction.
Aaron "dawg face" Murray can suck it.

Reactions: 3 people
Talking heads aren't paid to make hedging comments. Those guys make bold statements all the time with no accountability when they're wrong. I'd be willing to bet Aaron Murray hasn't spent five minutes with Jeremy Pruitt. He's just talking to be talking.

So Murray is out of football now ? And Bray is still in ?

So Murray is out of football now ? And Bray is still in ?

Yeah, word is Murray failed to prove he was a player who could be an on the field CEO of the offense at quarterback so they released him to do the one thing he thinks he does very well - talk a good game.

Reactions: 4 people
As always, can we get enuf great players and then coach up enuf good players to compete with Bama, Georgia, and Florida.
All of the other stuff is window dressing.
And, yes, Fulmer can help with all of that.

Reactions: 1 person
I suppose he’d be kissing schiano’s behind, because he’d know we just hired another cbj x 2 and UGA would be set up for a long run on UT.

Sour grapes because Pruitt ruffled feathers of the under achieving UGA establishment.

We had the money to do exactly what A&M did. Money talks. When all the curtains were pulled back it looks like Shiatno was plan A, B and C. I don't think the Gundy thing was serious. I'm sick of these mickey mouse moves followed by cries for patience, faith and hope. If they want buy in, do something to make people believe that we really are trying to one-up the competition for a change.

I’m with you. I’m not feeling overly confident, however, it could just be the way the last 3 coaches have played out. I dunno though...

I said this just the other day, all the analysts and commentators raved about Kirby Smart when he was the DC at 'bama. He was going to be a great head coach someday, even though he didn't have HC experience. Those same talking heads are the ones saying how Pruitt doesn't have head coaching experience, and that they aren't sure if he can do the job. Blah, blah, blah! Kirby fell into a honey pot at Georgia. Pruitt is bringing in the guys he feels can contribute right away and get the program headed back in the right direction. Aaron Murray's comments need to be pasted all over the locker room from now until Georgia week.

I think it's in fear of Pruitt succeeding and making Tennessee relevant again..

Fulmer is driving this ship just like he wants. CJP doesn't have to do anything past coach and recruit. That is what ADPF's job is.

Hate to say it, but he's probably spot on. We have a coordinator turned into a head coach. Let's just see if we can make a bowl game.

Jimbo Fisher on Pruitt..

"Jeremy did the same thing. We won the national championship when he was there in ’13. He did a great job of being very multiple in the looks he has and has a great knowledge of the game. As I said, he could have been a head coach a long time ago. He has bided his time and got the right job. I think he’ll be a great opponent."

Jimbo Fisher on Pruitt..

"Jeremy did the same thing. We won the national championship when he was there in ’13. He did a great job of being very multiple in the looks he has and has a great knowledge of the game. As I said, he could have been a head coach a long time ago. He has bided his time and got the right job. I think he’ll be a great opponent."

Yeah. I’ll take Jimbos opinion over Aaron Murray’s any day. Tennessee isn’t talented? We have like the 9th (don’t quote me LOL) most talented roster in the United States...Murray is just a homer and doesn’t follow Tennessee close enough to have an informed opinion. Simple as that.

At least has his brother Josh to lean on. They can watch the Bachelorette together.

We don't have enough developed talent when Pruitt took the job. The returning players are at least a year behind in their development. That's what would make a highly rated recruiting class untalented.

Just like every other elite coach, this year is practically a mulligan. It's in 2019 the team should be in the 10 win category.

As for Pruitt's ability, all we know is he can lead a defense, and he has a really bad temper. Good thing is Fulmer is the perfect AD for a young head coach to work for like Barry Alvarez in Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Why would anyone listen to a lifetime nfl back up and can not carry goffs jockstrap as a pro. Guess what he has coached as many games as Pruitt so what the hell would he know about head coaching other than under achieving which is what his head coach and himself were in college. Time will tell and I may eat my words but opinions are like —-holes and I will classify him as so until proved wrong.

So, what is Murray doing now? He was waived by the Rams in May of '17, after being banished by 3 teams before that. He didn't play under CJP, so what's his beef? Go back to selling cars homeboy

Edit: Go back to calling games for CBS... The channel everyone wishes the SEC would drop

Fulmer is driving this ship just like he wants. CJP doesn't have to do anything past coach and recruit. That is what ADPF's job is.

I think you are right. Fulmer was always good at the political part of the job even when he started failing as a coach and recruiter.

VN Store

Back