Former Bulldog Aaron Murray on Jeremy Pruitt

Murray needs to understand that CJP does not have to prove to him anything. That would be like Dobbs saying that Kirby Smart has to prove to him he could be a head coach. It is a stupid statement.

Reactions: 4 people
Well in my opinion, if what Murray says is true at any extent, then I believe we have the right AD in here to pick up any slack. Fulmer is really good at all of that "other stuff".

This right here , Fulmer will take most of that pressure Murray referred to off of CJP .

With all respect to the man, Fulmer still thought he was up to it in 2008. Remember, "we didn't forget how to coach"? His opinions are not infallible.

Yeah 2007 was completely horrible. Lol. You make it sound like Fulmer fell off a coaching cliff. He didnt. Yeah 2008 was rough. But Hamilton screwed up big time by pushing him out. You can say it was time for him to go all you want but you would be wrong.

You mean he made these comments without actually knowing the man?!?

Lol, you know there is a humble way to make a point and a non-humble way and I believe Aaron crossed that line, especially calling our guys "Not talented" that was the thing that bothered me the most.

Pruitt will figure his side out, but calling our players out.... Didn't sit well with me after saying he didn't think Pruitt was the guy.

I believe players that actually played for Pruitt, stated full confidence.

I agree, doubt Murray has a clue on our talent. Or about Pruitt.
If he is just dying to offer up opinions on things he is clueless about, maybe he should talk about how to keep an NFL job.

Reactions: 2 people
For all we know Murray could be spot on. Pruitt has never been a HC. So his comments could be accurate. I certainly hope they arent. And I believe, if he is given enough time, that he will end being a good coach.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe players that actually played for Pruitt, stated full confidence.

I agree, doubt Murray has a clue on our talent. Or about Pruitt.
If he is just dying to offer up opinions on things he is clueless about, maybe he should talk about how to keep an NFL job.

I have seen people posting things from former Alabama players talking about how good Pruitt is.

Yes because Murray knows all about being a coach......funny thing is he was singing praises about Kirby Smart before he ever coached his first game so why does Pruitt have to “prove his worth” being a first time HC and Stubby in Athens was already the greatest? It’s UT hate at its finest, that guy is an idiot.
Everyone who is anyinecsays that Oruit will be a fine head coach, the most like Saban, so what a washed up former GA Qb says matters little to me. All of GA hopes he’s not as good as other people say he is!

We had the money to do exactly what A&M did. Money talks. When all the curtains were pulled back it looks like Shiatno was plan A, B and C. I don't think the Gundy thing was serious. I'm sick of these mickey mouse moves followed by cries for patience, faith and hope. If they want buy in, do something to make people believe that we really are trying to one-up the competition for a change.[/QUOTE

Don’t you want to wait and see first ... how successful that huge A&M deal turns out to be and second .. give Pruitt that same chance to see what he can do here ? Or do you just want to assume that A&M throwing a ginormous amount of money to a coach atoumatically grants them 12 wins and a trip to the play offs ?

[twitter]1019321748955820032[/twitter]

Feel free to discuss

I don't believe this is a fair take on our coach. (Called our team untalented)

When we beat them in Athens on 9/29 he will will not only be a former average QB; he will be a washed up analyst too. :rock:

Reactions: 2 people
Doesn't have a lot of talent? Wrong.

If you look at the average star ratings for our starting offense and defense, I would say that there will only be 3 or 4 teams on our schedule that will be more "talented."

You could say that they were not coached correctly and that would be fair. But to say that Tennessee doesn't have a lot of talent is just pure ignorance on his part.

"Murray, the former Georgia quarterback who is now an analyst with the CBS Sports Network..."

He puts the anal in analyst!

Reactions: 5 people
Well.. he's not exactly wrong if you're going to be objective and honest.

Pruitt DOES have a lot to prove especially when he's never done it before.

Thankfully he can only go up.

Well.. he's not exactly wrong if you're going to be objective and honest

There is no way to prove he is actually right yet either, Murray has a opinion like everyone else. Time will tell who is right, I feel good about Pruitt and the staff I could care less about Murray's opinion. The on field performances will tell us what we need to know.GBO!!!!!

You done messed up A-A-ron!!! This idiot doesn't know anything. He was gone the year Pruitt got to Georgia and probably has no relationship with him. He is just trying to have something to say....He talks to hear his teeth rattle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I think tomorrow is going to show how much Pruitt has matured. In the last week he's had a player arrested and a former player call him out. His best plan of action is to say nothing

I said this just the other day, all the analysts and commentators raved about Kirby Smart when he was the DC at 'bama. He was going to be a great head coach someday, even though he didn't have HC experience. Those same talking heads are the ones saying how Pruitt doesn't have head coaching experience, and that they aren't sure if he can do the job. Blah, blah, blah! Kirby fell into a honey pot at Georgia. Pruitt is bringing in the guys he feels can contribute right away and get the program headed back in the right direction. Aaron Murray's comments need to be pasted all over the locker room from now until Georgia week.

There's two words punditry like Murray were promoting as THE savior of Vol football. Greg Schiano. Based on those two words we're lucky to have Pruitt IMO. Time will tell. UT, UF, and UGA do not have a history of making the big name splash hire most of the time it's going to be an up and comer. Pruitt was the best of the best of those out there and available at the time.

I had this thought the other day that ESPN actually thinks we will be fairly decent this year (7-8 wins). They are just talking us down and saying how far we are away talent wise so when we do surprise some people this year they'll have the underdog story look at how Tennessee is overachieving.

He didn’t say anything that I wouldn’t expect from a UT rival. Ga would be happy to see Tennessee never win again just as we would them. No one knows if Pruitt will mess his pants like Butch did in the last 2 minutes vs Fla. Hell, he doesn’t know.

I agree with him the team is not very talented. They looked like **** last year with even a worse effort. It’s time some of these high school stars show they can play or move on.

I'm not sure we really know the talent level that exists on this team. Jones did such a miserable job managing the program and developing players, the team might be better than we know. I certainly don't think Aaron Murray is in a position to judge. If Pruitt is up to the job, I can see this team being a little better than most people expect. SEC champions? No. Scary opponents? I could live with that in the first year.

He is an idiot. Yeah our talent is down that Butch ran away but we aren’t as bad as he says that uga, fla and sc is that far ahead. Florida has our number but what is the love fest for them? Florida got lucky against us and we have out recruited them when Butch was here as well as everyone else besides UGA and some years we had just as good as classes as uga. Also I think a staff can make you or break you and butch proved that and basic common knowledge of game was lacking for butch. I think we could possibly surprise some people this season if things fall into place.

Yeah 2007 was completely horrible. Lol. You make it sound like Fulmer fell off a coaching cliff. He didnt. Yeah 2008 was rough. But Hamilton screwed up big time by pushing him out. You can say it was time for him to go all you want but you would be wrong.
Guess you forgot 2005? It was a culmination of underachieving with ridiculously highly rated recruiting classes coupled with out of control off the field behavior and NCAA investigating allegations of academic fraud. That is all part of Fulmer's legacy just as much as 98.

VN Store

Back