For the Pearl Haters and a quick reminder before the outcome of the OSU game:

Great thing about this message board is the very different opinions and perpectives of the fanbase. Only great success or great failure will really unify the fans though. Under CBP, we've been closer to great success, but I think only a final four will quiet some of the doubters.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

To extend a Slurper olive branch, hat and some of the ones I used to go at with have really been the most positive about SP, Prince, Williams and have stopped bashing Swiperboy. The last couple weeks, save the KY loss, have been a sea change and I've loved every second of it... :rock:

Well said. It's a nice accomplishment for this team to be in the Sweet Sixteen after all that happened this year.

Great thing about this message board is the very different opinions and perpectives of the fanbase. Only great success or great failure will really unify the fans though. Under CBP, we've been closer to great success, but I think only a final four will quiet some of the doubters.

An Elite Eight would do wonders for me. But looking ahead, if we pull a minor upset on Friday, we have a good chance at the FF. That would be an absolutely outstanding accomplishment for this team.

Well said. It's a nice accomplishment for this team to be in the Sweet Sixteen after all that happened this year.

And the Vols have more than a chance to make this the best season for UT Basketball, ever. I just wish I wasn't starting a new job this week so I could go to St. Louis. To all that are going, yell like hell and drink my share of the booze in that awesome town!!! :rock:

You're probably right. And rightfully so, i want this team to get to the FF just as bad as anyone, but you won't find me calling for his head if we happen not to. I wish EVERYONE would get on board and stay on, but sadly, it probably just isn't possible.

It is not just this fan base. Atlanta sports radio loves him. He appears on their shows regularly. But today while giving him his props, they made a point of saying that this is the point in the tournament where his teams usually flame out. He needs to get over this hurdle.

This has been a great postseason thus far, but come on, we've beaten some questionable talent. I'm enjoying it, but beating an 11 and 14 seed is not exactly record breaking.

This has been a great postseason thus far, but come on, we've beaten some questionable talent. I'm enjoying it, but beating an 11 and 14 seed is not exactly record breaking.

Doesn't matter. We can only play and beat the teams that they put in front of us. 1 seed or 16 seed, it is the results that matter.

Which is exactly why we still need to be on board to support this team, because now they have the chance to beat a 2 seed and get to the EE which WOULD be record breaking.

To extend a Slurper olive branch, hat and some of the ones I used to go at with have really been the most positive about SP, Prince, Williams and have stopped bashing Swiperboy. The last couple weeks, save the KY loss, have been a sea change and I've loved every second of it... :rock:

Slurper Olive Branches! I like it. As football fans of great tradition and success, we've somehow become blinded and enchanted at the recent achievements of Pearl Ball. We are a good basketball program. Win or Lose this weekend, you've got to like our coach and what he's done so far.

Everyone was saying we got a tough draw and it ended up playing out in our favor, possibly; who's to say. The 11 seed we played was probably underseeded if you want to split hairs...

Did you really expect any different? :)

Next January we'll probably be calling each other names again, but for right now, it's campfires and kumbaya here on VolNation...

Everyone should be enjoying the fact we are one win away from making history.

You know, both CBP and CDD were at the girls game tonight. They're our guys and they're all Vol. Nuff said.

You need some luck to go with good play to win this thing. Bruce said that. Just look at our opponents and the way JP is playing. So far the stars seem aligned for our Vols.

Why don't we have this thread AFTER we do something in spite of the "naysayers". That's all I was trying to say.

VN Store

Back