For the Pearl Haters and a quick reminder before the outcome of the OSU game:

Team with the easiest road to the Sweet 16.... Tennessee... Just sayin ;)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

uhhhh ok....

Vandy lost to Murray St.
Georgetown lost to Ohio
Kansas lost to Northern Iowa

What is your point exactly? That those games I listed above weren't as "easy" as the games Tennessee has played?

uhhhh ok....

Vandy lost to Murray St.
Georgetown lost to Ohio
Kansas lost to Northern Iowa

What is your point exactly? That those games I listed above weren't as "easy" as the games Tennessee has played?

Just saying UT's had a favorable road to the Sweet 16. It's not like they've beat a couple teams from the bix 6 conf.'s

Yes, I know UT beat Ohio, who GT could not... but that doesn’t mean anything IMO, especially how hot Ohio was against them. They could have beaten anyone that day. Tennessee was fortunate to catch them after an emotional/exciting win and they didn't play nearly as well against UT as they did against GT, which UT certainly had a lot to do with.

Here's how each team in the S16 got there.
The combined seeds of the teams they've beat is next to their name)

N. Iowa (beat #1 KU and #8 UNLV) = 9
SMU 9
Washington 9
Cornell 9
Xavier 14
Mich. St. 16
Purdue 18
K. St. 22
Cuse 24
Duke 24
UK 25
WVU 25
Ohio St. 25
Baylor 25
Tennessee 25 (beat a #11 and #14)
Butler 25 (beat a #12 and #13)

So by this, Tennessee has had the second easiest road to the S16 if you base it on who they've played with respect to that teams seeding.

TIFWIW....

An Elite Eight would do wonders for me. But looking ahead, if we pull a minor upset on Friday, we have a good chance at the FF. That would be an absolutely outstanding accomplishment for this team.[/Q an elite eight means nothing, it would not be an upset for the vols to reach the final four. beating ohio st,mich st or n iowa on a neutral floor should be expected from this program. we are a better team without tyler smith and williams,tatum and goins have blended back in nicely.if the team plays smart fundamental basketball offensively we can not lose.our defense has been consistently excellent minus a few games. bruce has done a good job but his kid needs to stay on the bench the rest of the tournament. we should go with an 8 man rotation the rest of the way especially with the long tv timeouts. we will not wear out any of the remaining teams with our depth and we don't press.why settel for elite 8

Lofton doesn't like him because he's a "snake" a "flake" and a "snitch".

I would submit that it's practically impossible to be as outstanding a marketer and promoter as Pearl is without being, on some level, a snake. Just look at those vomitous First Tennessee commercials he does -- the schmaltzy faux-sincerity he oozes is awful. If he were selling me a car, I'd get off the lot with my hand on my wallet as fast as possible. But other than the recruiting angle, in which it's actually a positive, it really doesn't have anything to do with the job he does as a basketball coach. C.f. Calipari.

Teams not in the sweet 16.
Kansas. UNLV. Maryland. Georgetown. Oklahoma State. Gonzaga. FSU. Vandy. Minnesota. Pittsburgh. BYU. Florida. Villanova. ND. Sienna. Cal. Clemson. Marquette. Wisconsin. Temple. Wake. UNewMex.

Please work on ousting their coaches before you jump on Bruce Pearl and another great season for Tennessee basketball. Most of us are glad we compete in this sport....FINALLY.

+1000. I love CBP! I can remember watching Tn play on tv, rarely, and usually we would lose, and had hardly any fan support. I love the way he and all of the excellent young men he has recruited to Knoxville, have jolted our bb program into having a pulse. GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back