Flynn Resigns Amid Russia Controversy

3 weeks in and we have our first resignation/firing. Nice. Stay tuned.

It's a good thing people like you and Carlos are so determined to see Trump fail. No matter what harm it does to the country, you would rather see the entire Administration fail than giving them a legitimate shot at actually getting some of the things done they want.

In your case, it's just pathetic. In Carlos' case, it actually angers me since he is bound under the Uniform Code of Military Justice to respect the Commander in Chief regardless of political party. And if I was in his chain of command anywhere and knew what he was doing, I'd make sure he never saw another promotion and did nothing more than sweep floors and empty recycle bins for the remainder of his enlistment before being tossed out on his ear.

Reactions: 7 people
It's a good thing people like you and Carlos are so determined to see Trump fail. No matter what harm it does to the country, you would rather see the entire Administration fail than giving them a legitimate shot at actually getting some of the things done they want.

In your case, it's just pathetic. In Carlos' case, it actually angers me since he is bound under the Uniform Code of Military Justice to respect the Commander in Chief regardless of political party. And if I was in his chain of command anywhere and knew what he was doing, I'd make sure he never saw another promotion and did nothing more than sweep floors and empty recycle bins for the remainder of his enlistment before being tossed out on his ear.

Come on GV, minus the internet there were plenty of us in uniform grumbling and showing outright distain for Clinton.

Reactions: 2 people
Well, this proves that the Trump administration is more ethical than Obama's. Flynn would have stayed on and been given a medal. I think it was Obama's press secretary that had communist posters in his home, but there was no crying from volprof over that.

He was essentially forced out by the Obama's administration. Just to correct your ignorance.

Reactions: 4 people
So, best-case scenario, if I read this correctly:

1) POTUS was warned of this by the acting AG a month ago based on FBI investigative and intelligence community input
2) thereafter engaged in a twitter war with intelligence community about Russian influence
3) fired the acting AG which told him (which was for legit reasons but will certainly be used against him politically now)
4) believed Flynn's lies wholesale after these warnings from law enforcement and intelligence
5) Flynn himself knew so little about our intelligence-gathering capabilities that he thought he could send crudely-encrypted messages with a Russian ambassador and claim he did not
6) Flynn was apparently not doing any of the normal work of his position, so we are left potentially under-prepared in case of a mass terrorist attack or natural disaster
7) Trump took no action through all of this until pressed by the intelligence community

Is that about right?

Trump took no action... HE'S BEEN PRESIDENT FOR A DAMN MONTH! Dear God.

Come on GV, minus the internet there were plenty of us in uniform grumbling and showing outright distain for Clinton.

Grumbling, sure. Outright disdain? No, can't recall ever taking it that far. It's called discipline and something our generation had in regards to the POTUS. While it sucked big time living through slashed budgets and manpower, increasing deployments to every hellhole on the planet and increasing responsibilities in the "do more with less" military, we never got to the level I've seen people like Carlos. And it really irks me to no end seeing a junior enlisted member like himself getting giddy over the failings of his Commander in Chief.

If I could get through seven and a half years of Clinton and four and a half years of Obama, he can certainly suck up, ruck up and handle four to eight of Trump without the outright disrespect he's showing. I never put Obama on blast until after I was retired, online or not. And it's not too much to ask those that followed to show a little discipline towards the POTUS.

Reactions: 1 person
He was essentially forced out by the Obama's administration. Just to correct your ignorance.

Flynn maintains President Obama fired him from the Defense Intelligence Agency two years ago because he took a stand against “radical Islamism,” and claimed Al-Qaeda was expanding its ranks around the globe.

I'd believe Flynn's version before Obama's.

Reactions: 5 people
Flynn maintains President Obama fired him from the Defense Intelligence Agency two years ago because he took a stand against “radical Islamism,” and claimed Al-Qaeda was expanding its ranks around the globe.

No one asked who you believe. Fact is he was let go by Obama.

Reactions: 7 people

Flynn was fired as DIA Directer because he was incompetent, insubordinate and focused more on making power points on why his female employees should wear heels and low cut shirts than on his job of gathering intelligence.

Reactions: 6 people

I've often thought of this but wasn't sure on the issue.

I know my little brother wouldn't discuss obama at all. The impression I got from him, it wasn't appropriate for him to do so.

Flynn was fired as DIA Directer because he was incompetent, insubordinate and focused more on making power points on why his female employees should wear heels and low cut shirts than on his job of gathering intelligence.

He was damn good at his Intel job, Dr Sebastian Gorka disagrees with you.

Reactions: 1 person
Instead of freaking out over comments Donald makes about Russia, why not look at some of the associates he has/had and their connections to Russia.

Manafort, Tillerson, and Flynn are an interesting trio to have/had in your circle.

Reactions: 5 people
He was damn good at his Intel job, Dr Sebastian Gorka disagrees with you.

Dr. Sebastian Gorka? The same guy who lied about being an "expert witness" at the trial of Boston Marathon? The same guy that lied about being an adjunct to USSOCOM's Joint Special Operations University yet there is zero proof that he was. Yea he has about as much credibility as Flynn does now.

Instead of freaking out over comments Donald makes about Russia, why not look at some of the associates he has/had and their connections to Russia.

Manafort, Tillerson, and Flynn are an interesting trio to have/had in your circle.

And add Carter Page to this list.

Reactions: 3 people
Grumbling, sure. Outright disdain? No, can't recall ever taking it that far. It's called discipline and something our generation had in regards to the POTUS. While it sucked big time living through slashed budgets and manpower, increasing deployments to every hellhole on the planet and increasing responsibilities in the "do more with less" military, we never got to the level I've seen people like Carlos. And it really irks me to no end seeing a junior enlisted member like himself getting giddy over the failings of his Commander in Chief.

If I could get through seven and a half years of Clinton and four and a half years of Obama, he can certainly suck up, ruck up and handle four to eight of Trump without the outright disrespect he's showing. I never put Obama on blast until after I was retired, online or not. And it's not too much to ask those that followed to show a little discipline towards the POTUS.

At Campbell the CG put out an order (threat) not to disparage Clinton in or out of uniform, it had gotten so bad. Some creative souls even came up with some pretty ingenious cadences, wish I could remember them. But I only served a little less than 2 years under that POS.

Carlos is just worried Trump is going to do away with the transgender programs in the military and he wont get his operation.

Ignore him. I care what you think brother...

:)

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

For 8 years active duty officers and enlisted personnel openly on social media questioned President Obama's patriotism, origin of birth, commitment to the country, and decision making. Hell even I questioned his decision making in conversations with my peers and officers when not in the uniform. But God forbid if we question President Trump's competence, intelligence, and decision making. I respect the office of the President. When Trump issues orders they are followed. You have never seen me say I would disobey a lawful order from the President. But if I said I "I hate President so and so and I won't follow his orders" is another story.

VN Store

Back