Florida's Season

No school athletic department is going to fire a coach the 4th game into a season, outside of (probably illegal) scandal. It'd make a lot of later interviews of quality candidates more difficult/uncomfortable.

I also don't think they view us like they view Kentucky; the've beaten Kentucky 27 years in a row...they more likely view Kentucky like we view Kentucky

You didn't read it right. I said they view US, like WE view Kentucky. They look at their schedule every year and put a W next to the Tennessee game, just as we do to Kentucky. UF is not scared of the Vols. A loss to us this year will cause chaos in Gainesville.

Reactions: 1 person
You didn't read it right. I said they view US, like WE view Kentucky. They look at their schedule every year and put a W next to the Tennessee game, just as we do to Kentucky. UF is not scared of the Vols. A loss to us this year will cause chaos in Gainesville.

This post is wrong at literally every single level.

ZuZlnT6.gif

This post is wrong at literally every single level.

ZuZlnT6.gif

So you guys don't mark a W next to the Tennessee game every year? I know if I were a Florida fan, I would lol. You guys were 4-8 last year with a loss to GA Southern and the VOLS were 1 of the 4. It's really pathetic how we can't beat UF.

However, I have faith this year. I bought 2 tickets yesterday and I really think this could be the year. And I'm storming the field, with or without any of you.

So you guys don't mark a W next to the Tennessee game every year? I know if I were a Florida fan, I would lol. You guys were 4-8 last year with a loss to GA Southern and the VOLS were 1 of the 4. It's really pathetic how we can't beat UF.

However, I have faith this year. I bought 2 tickets yesterday and I really think this could be the year. And I'm storming the field, with or without any of you.

It depends on the year. Last year I thought we had the better team going in.

2012 I thought UT would beat us going away.

I think it's more of a case where UT fans mark L next to UF every year.

Muschamp is to some degree dealing with the same problem Stoops had in the sense that, as Spurrier's interest waned in his last 2 years, his recruiting fell waaaaay off, especially at offensive line. Stoops inherited a bare cupboard in that respect. He was able to put in place some good defensive talent, but the offense just wasn't there and by the time some effort began to pay off, Meyer came in.

He recruited hard at first, brought in some great talent to fill out the ranks, and won. But then he got complacent/bored, and quit, with us again not having a ton of depth at offensive line. That lack of depth showed in particular last year because injuries hit us hard.

Now, when it comes to the skill positions, I really do not know what to make of Driskell. I guess if the theory was to continue with a Tebow-type attack, where the passing plays per game are going to number in the low 20s, he was a fine choice. But that meant zero excitement I think when we were out looking for receivers. Add that Debose has pretty much been a bust, and we have struggled to get things going.

By all accounts Grier is the real deal. If we can compete for the East and acquit ourselves well at Alabama and LSU, and if it looks to recruits like we are really going to have an offense that will showcase their speed and talent, then I can see us landing some top receiving talent and being a real threat, probably not in 2015 but certainly in 2016.

So who do they get ? Franklin ?
I'd take him, but I think UF could do better. Foley took a chance on Muschamp and I personally haven't given up on him yet. I expect to finish this season with 3 losses, worst case scenario. UF is going to beat everybody they're supposed to and at least 1 of LSU (most likely), UGA, FSU and Bama. There are only 2 or 3 teams with the talent equal to what UF has on it's roster right now, and Muschamp's abilities on the defensive side of the ball will never be in question.

Florida's going to stagger around to a 5-7 record. UF will be looking for a new head coach in December!

I could see Florida throwing a whole lot of bucks at Kevin Sumlin if they're looking for a new head coach in December.

Muschamp is to some degree dealing with the same problem Stoops had in the sense that, as Spurrier's interest waned in his last 2 years, his recruiting fell waaaaay off, especially at offensive line. Stoops inherited a bare cupboard in that respect. He was able to put in place some good defensive talent, but the offense just wasn't there and by the time some effort began to pay off, Meyer came in.

He recruited hard at first, brought in some great talent to fill out the ranks, and won. But then he got complacent/bored, and quit, with us again not having a ton of depth at offensive line. That lack of depth showed in particular last year because injuries hit us hard.

Now, when it comes to the skill positions, I really do not know what to make of Driskell. I guess if the theory was to continue with a Tebow-type attack, where the passing plays per game are going to number in the low 20s, he was a fine choice. But that meant zero excitement I think when we were out looking for receivers. Add that Debose has pretty much been a bust, and we have struggled to get things going.

By all accounts Grier is the real deal. If we can compete for the East and acquit ourselves well at Alabama and LSU, and if it looks to recruits like we are really going to have an offense that will showcase their speed and talent, then I can see us landing some top receiving talent and being a real threat, probably not in 2015 but certainly in 2016.

I take it you meant Zook, not Stoops?

Florida's going to stagger around to a 5-7 record. UF will be looking for a new head coach in December!

As if I care - they only play 11 games now --- weaseled out of the Idaho game - you beat to the correction so I will just throw out another name - Chip Kelly -- I think the Eagles will fire him if they have a bad year.

Last edited:
As if I care - they only play 11 games now --- weaseled out of the Idaho game - you beat to the correction so I will just throw out another name - Chip Kelly -- I think the Eagles will fire him if they have a bad year.

Chip Kelly would be scary good at Florida. Which would be very bad for the SEC East.

I expect to finish this season with 3 losses, worst case scenario. UF is going to beat everybody they're supposed to and at least 1 of LSU (most likely), UGA, FSU and Bama. There are only 2 or 3 teams with the talent equal to what UF has on it's roster right now

Not a chance. I look at your schedule and I don't see 5 wins. You guys really needed that Idaho game.

So in your opinion, who are our 4 wins?

Eastern Michigan
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Eastern Kentucky

Idaho would have been your #5. Mizzou is possible. Don't think they'll beat the Vols this year. Forget about Bama, LSU, UGA, FSU, or South Carolina. 5-6 is the ceiling, imo.

Eastern Michigan
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Eastern Kentucky

Idaho would have been your #5. Mizzou is possible. Don't think they'll beat the Vols this year. Forget about Bama, LSU, UGA, FSU, or South Carolina. 5-6 is the ceiling, imo.

Kentucky looks much improved, we could lose that game too.

3-8 isn't out of the question.

Reactions: 1 person
Eastern Michigan
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Eastern Kentucky

They could very well beat Mizzou and USC. Im not really sure how good either of those teams are. Until UT beats them that game will always be winnable. I hope this is UTs year but thats all it is right now, a hope. It wouldnt surprise me if UF got 2 of those 3.

UGA, LSU, Bama, and FSU should beat the Gators this year. LSU is UF best shot out of that bunch.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back