Florida's Season

The only reason I say I like him there.. Is cause over the past couple years we've recruited really well in fl with muschamp at the helm.. And no, we have not beat him, but all but last year it was bad coaching.. And last year we were deff competeing until Murphy came in (who we had no game tape and no prep on) and went all trey Burton (or whatever that kids name was)

Their Dooley beat our Dooley twice as well as a certain coach that "gets it". He is goofy on the sideline but is a very good defensive coach. I would love to make his seat a little hotter with a win in Knoxville this year. I wouldn't mind having him as a DC.

Doubtful. UF is a big time job.

That's true, so was Tennessee's when we were searching for a coach and we had to settle for our what, 4th option? I mean i'm glad now that we ended up with Butch, but i'm just saying just because they get rid of Muschamp doesnt guarantee they will get who they want or even a better coach for that matter.

I'm not sure USCe can beat Fl, so it might not matter too much this year.

Florida will be improved this year. The number of injuries they had last year beats anything I've seen.

Don't you dare bring facts into the discussion. Muschamp sucks as much as Richt. UT owns those 2 coaches. :loco::crazy::blink:

It's an irrelevant fact. Just because he has beaten us does not change the fact that he has sucked balls considering the talent he has in Florida. We did not have a good coach previously, nor did we have the (amount of) talent. This itself explains the difference in our "woes".

Bad coach + great talent = mediocre results.

Bad coach + mediocre talent = consistently miserable results.

That's true, so was Tennessee's when we were searching for a coach and we had to settle for our what, 4th option? I mean i'm glad now that we ended up with Butch, but i'm just saying just because they get rid of Muschamp doesnt guarantee they will get who they want or even a better coach for that matter.

It is not comparable. Not many outside of the fans called tennessee a top tier job. It is a very good job with great rewards but also much tougher than the florida job. Florida is so easy to recruit at you should never be a .500 team. Which is why the job muschamp is doing is considered so bad.

The only reason I say I like him there.. Is cause over the past couple years we've recruited really well in fl with muschamp at the helm.. And no, we have not beat him, but all but last year it was bad coaching.. And last year we were deff competeing until Murphy came in (who we had no game tape and no prep on) and went all trey Burton (or whatever that kids name was)

Driskell had his best game his sophmore year aganist UT.
Matty Mauk threw under 50% every game he started except aganist us looked like a Heisman candidate
Murphy was dismal to terrible besides this game.
Hopefully we turned the corner aganist Keeton and quit letting QB's have their best game aganist us.
Even robinette had a moment aganist us

Exactly what prep did UT exactly need? Murphy was a DT QB and UT had just faced the best DT QB in the country the week prior. It should have been easy for UT to stop Murphy as it would have been Mariota in slow-mo.

Exactly what prep did UT exactly need? Murphy was a DT QB and UT had just faced the best DT QB in the country the week prior. It should have been easy for UT to stop Murphy as it would have been Mariota in slow-mo.

I agree.. But what when ut went in with game plan A, and half way through the 1st quarter had to switch to a game plan from the previous week (that they had probly been made to put out of their mind) it really screws with a team.. Especially one that was a dismal on defense as we were last year.. And if the Oregon game show us anything, it was that any prep we had against a running qb.. Was not enough..

I agree.. But what when ut went in with game plan A, and half way through the 1st quarter had to switch to a game plan from the previous week (that they had probly been made to put out of their mind) it really screws with a team.. Especially one that was a dismal on defense as we were last year.. And if the Oregon game show us anything, it was that any prep we had against a running qb.. Was not enough..

We replaced our starting mobile QB with our backup mobile QB....and somehow that completely threw UT off its game?

I was talking to a UF fried d this morning about UF and Idaho's (I think that's who they were supposed to play) decision on a No Contess for SATs game.. And that had us talking.. And with them getting a No Confess on one of there cupcake games this year, then they will only have 11 games and can only lose 5 games to make a bowl game.. Well they play @Bama, LSU, Neutral UGA, @FSU, and S. Carolina.. And also @Neyland.. So that got us talking, and Florida's entire season, bowl chances, and Will Muschump's job.. Could and probly will hinge on the UF@UT game... So you wanna talk about why we need to win that game.. That seems like some pretty good incentives right there.. Just thought I'd point that out to my fellow Vol Fans..

That 1 Idaho game is likely not the difference between Muschamp keeping or losing his job this year. A 6-6 season - even with a bowl game - would likely have gotten the same result as a 5 or less win season.

That is a good point.. I'm sure that muschamp is there Dooley.. Everyone else loves him as the coach

Is Dooley really the equal/proper comparison? I can't see a scenario of Dooley ever pulling off an 11 win season and going to a Sugar Bowl.

I'm pretty sure Bobby Petrino would take it if offered. That would be scary. Petrino's offense, with all the talent in Florida.

Probably what will happen. And it'll be like the Fulmer/Spurrier days. What a nightmare

I think it'd be a bad idea for Florida to hire him...on their end. They're a big enough school that they can probably get a much better coach with less of a history of...mess.

Last edited:
Is Dooley really the equal/proper comparison? I can't see a scenario of Dooley ever pulling off an 11 win season and going to a Sugar Bowl.

It's not a fair comparison, but it a good coping mechanism.

Dooley never won 11 games or got the opportunity to get spanked in a BCS bowl.

And Muschamp didn't lose to Kentucky.

Last edited:
Looking at their schedule now, I don't see 5 wins. That spells trouble for Muschamp and I wouldn't be surprised if he losses to the Vols and is fired right after the game (Dooley style). UF pretty much views us like we view Kentucky, and a loss to us will not sit well with the fans that already want him gone. Whoever made the decision to not reschedule that game might have cost UF their bowl game and Will's job.

No school athletic department is going to fire a coach the 4th game into a season, outside of (probably illegal) scandal. It'd make a lot of later interviews of quality candidates more difficult/uncomfortable.

I also don't think they view us like they view Kentucky; the've beaten Kentucky 27 years in a row...they more likely view Kentucky like we view Kentucky

Reactions: 1 person

The comparison stops with UF fans being fine with the Idaho game being canceled if that is the hinge for a bowl game this year. No different than Vandy or Ky being Dooleys measuring stick for success.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back