Florida Looks Very Beatable

Florida is really bad this year and won't finish top 2, most likely they will get knocked off by KY or Missouri, possibly TN. They just suck.
I agree with you A Hunnert procent right there! @me

As a Tennessee fan I will never worry about a player on another team.

👍🏼

As a Florida fan, every player on Alabama worries me, and about a dozen players on Georgia worry me.

But no problem, to each his own.

Agreed. I think we could perhaps give them a game this yr (with improved qb play), but they have a talent and coaching edge.
Mullen is definitely more proven as a coach. No idea what we have in Heupel yet. We looked fairly disciplined just noticing the talent discrepancy between us and most of our peers now. I’m encouraged so far by the coaching I just think we have some serious voids at certain positions

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
All but no passing attack. So so tackling. Defensive backs couldn't cover.

Not at all impressed. Our passing will improve and easily outpace them.

I'm counting the game as a W.
They'll get smashed by alabama like everyone on their schedule will but out of the blue when its our turn to play them they will find a WR who once played QB in middle school and put him in the game and he will run and throw all over our defense and beat us soundly...We've all seen how this movie ends..you just KNOW something like that will happen because its what happens to Tennessee.....Cursed I tell ya!

OMG, we don't ****ing beat Florida and we looked awful too. Why is everyone always so quick to try and get their hopes up when absolutely nothing in the last decade says we have any reason to?
Why don’t you go pull for Florida then. If you can’t have any optimism and hope then Tennessee sure doesn’t want you as a fan.

Reactions: jsc1973
I'll worry about Florida after Tennessee plays Pitt and Tennessee Tech.

I'm sure Florida didn't look good either, because most teams don't look all that good in their first game. It has nothing to do with what Tennessee might look like in its fourth game or what the Gators might look like in their fourth.

Reactions: mercuryvol

Seems Emory Jones will determine how far Florida goes. Odds are they will be fine given Mullen is a QB guru and will only make him better. With that said, Jones gonna throw some picks this year in bunches.

THIS TEAM WILL LOSE BY 20 WITH NO PASSING THREAT, if somehow we come up with a passing game then we got a chance its that simple.

Reactions: LittleVol
“Ain’t nobody worried about Richardson.”

That might be the most ill-informed take ever.
Weren't you saying that Jones was all better a few weeks ago?

Richardson looks like a great physical talent... much like Milton. He's done nothing yet to make that the "most ill-informed take ever".

Reactions: Orange_Crush

Bro did you see Richardson play? That dude is gonna run all over us lol
This fan base needs to get real.
Look at what we lost. I understand expectations are high here at Tennessee but get real. Give this team some support bc we are gonna take some lumps this year,instead of downing the team when these kids give their all for Tennessee show them we are gonna stand by them and give them time to turn this around. We troll our team more then the opponents.

One of many frustrating things about being a Tennessee fan from 2008-present is not just losing to Florida (the team I hate most in all of sports) every season but one of those, but the fact that Florida hasn’t been great during that stretch. Yes, they’ve had some good (no great) teams, but they’ve also had some very beatable teams that a normal Tennessee team would handle easily…like every Muschamp and McElwein team. The last Meyer team in 2010, as well. If Tennessee had been Tennessee in that span, it would be the Vols who would have a streak going over the Gators. Instead, we’ve been owned by what has been a mediocre program.
Your definition of mediocre is interesting. From 2008-2020 Florida has won 10+ games 6 years and would have last year with a full schedule. That’s half the time. They did have 2 losing seasons in there but they’ve won 68.8% of their games during that stretch. That’s not elite but that’s pretty good in the stretch you cited. I bet that’s good enough to be top 20, maybe top 15 during those years.

Why do this every year. These games are like exhibition games very vanilla pretty much everyone except Bama didn’t look that impressive.. jmo opinion though.. Tennessee is usually their warm up game for the season..

I'm sorry but I'll have to see it to believe. Florida always has our number. We haven't won in the Swamp since 2001. That ain't changing anytime soon. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Volz4lif3
Florida is already struggling to recruit. After that FSU/ND game last night, alot of those in state recruits are going to be looking to FSU over Florida. That was a big game environment, only game on tv, lots of drama with their QB coming back from injury. The team came back from being down 18 to nearly win in OT against Notre Dame....tons of young recruits in that stadium last night. FSU passed the eye test last night. They LOOKED like a good team again.

Your definition of mediocre is interesting. From 2008-2020 Florida has won 10+ games 6 years and would have last year with a full schedule. That’s half the time. They did have 2 losing seasons in there but they’ve won 68.8% of their games during that stretch. That’s not elite but that’s pretty good in the stretch you cited. I bet that’s good enough to be top 20, maybe top 15 during those years.

Muschamp had as many teams with more than 8 wins (1) as he had with 4 wins.

McElwein had one 10-win team and 9-win team. We beat the 9-win team and lost to the 10-win team on a 4th & 19 conversion…then lost to the team that got him fired on a Hail Mary.

Meyer’s last team won 7 regular season games.

A normal Tennessee program wins 7 of those 8 and maybe all 8. Mullen’s teams have obviously been better, but they’re not what Florida was under Spurrier and Meyer.

Florida is already struggling to recruit. After that FSU/ND game last night, alot of those in state recruits are going to be looking to FSU over Florida. That was a big game environment, only game on tv, lots of drama with their QB coming back from injury. The team came back from being down 18 to nearly win in OT against Notre Dame....tons of young recruits in that stadium last night. FSU passed the eye test last night. They LOOKED like a good team again.

As I’ve said many times, Tennessee fans should cheer for Florida State and Miami, especially Florida State. FSU checks both Florida and Georgia in recruiting. We should also be cheering against North Carolina, Clemson, and NC State, for our own sake.

Reactions: Booker512
Muschamp had as many teams with more than 8 wins (1) as he had with 4 wins.

McElwein had one 10-win team and 9-win team. We beat the 9-win team and lost to the 10-win team on a 4th & 19 conversion…then lost to the team that got him fired on a Hail Mary.

Meyer’s last team won 7 regular season games.

A normal Tennessee program wins 7 of those 8 and maybe all 8. Mullen’s teams have obviously been better, but they’re not what Florida was under Spurrier and Meyer.
Sadly the normal TN these days wouldn’t. I agree we’ve left a lot of wins against UF on the table.

Weren't you saying that Jones was all better a few weeks ago?

Richardson looks like a great physical talent... much like Milton. He's done nothing yet to make that the "most ill-informed take ever".
I thought I remembered him debating someone here against the interwebz rumors of Jones' suckitude. Built him up like buttercup.

Florida is really bad this year and won't finish top 2, most likely they will get knocked off by KY or Missouri, possibly TN. They just suck.[/QUOTE]

But no matter how bad they are, they all play like Heisman trophy candidates when they play us, and have the luck of an Irish man.

VN Store

Back