Florida Looks Very Beatable

Totally disagree with the OP. When they make the switch to Richardson at QB full time, we are in trouble against them. They will likely run a lot of read option and with our lack of LBs I don’t think we match up well. Will be a long night in Gainesville. But that doesn’t mean our year won’t be successful.

I’ve seen this too many times before only to watch them dismantle the Vols. Never underestimate anyone…. Ever….. that’s how you get your ass kicked by the kid wearing Coke bottle glasses and high water pants.
So what you’re saying is, Florida May beat us but they’re still a bunch of jort wearing dorks.🤓
GBO!!

All but no passing attack. So so tackling. Defensive backs couldn't cover.

Not at all impressed. Our passing will improve and easily outpace them.

I'm counting the game as a W.
Did you watch our passing game against one of the worst teams in D1 football? Pump the brakes.

I’m much less confident in beating Bama now than I was coming into the season, both because they looked phenomenal, and because we just looked okay. Bryce Young looks like a right handed Tua. Ridiculous. However, Bama is the only team in America I feel that way about. Nobody else I saw makes me think “unbeatable.”

So glad CFB is back!
UF's O will have to be much, much better to score on much less beat UGA. I was amazed at how well they controlled Clemson all night.

Why do people keep saying Florida is beatable before we play them when we all know for a fact they seem to play their best game against us or they fix their issues that lead people to believe they were beatable?

I think this is a reasonable take.

Passing game was shaky, although a positive to be gleaned from even the passing game was zero sacks given up and zero QB hurries given up in 35 passing attempts. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a UF OL give up zero sacks/hurries on that many attempts.

I was disappointed in Emory. He played great the first two drives then he just sorta went into a fog, very much like Milton. The most confounding part was he was missing easy passes that we’ve already seen him make repeatedly throughout his career. Maybe nerves/pressure of the “starter” got to him? Making matters worse for him is the absolute freak behind him, Anthony Richardson. Emory needs to play well to keep that guy on the bench. He didn’t. Anthony Richardson may win a Heisman at Florida. That dude is ridiculously athletic for that size. A bigger, stronger Lamar Jackson. But he still needs reps and experience.

Florida’s defense was pretty good. Certainly looked better than last year. They got 6 sacks, two turnovers, but gave up too many First downs for my liking. They pitched a shutout for most of the game, gave up two 4th quarter TD’s with a bunch of reserves in, so they didn’t finish well at all.

I’m much less confident in beating Bama now than I was coming into the season, both because they looked phenomenal, and because we just looked okay. Bryce Young looks like a right handed Tua. Ridiculous. However, Bama is the only team in America I feel that way about. Nobody else I saw makes me think “unbeatable.”

So glad CFB is back!

With what we lost in transfers the proper term is inferior in both first team and backup. The positions we are fairly equal in is O line and QB.
The comparison isn't to the players lost in the portal. The comparison is to the players UT still has.

UF has a couple of really good RB's. You could argue they're more talented than UT's pair if you chose to. But the word "inferior" doesn't apply. Inferior implies something clear and distinct. Not sure what you'd base a claim that UT is inferior at WR on other than maybe recruiting rankings. Neither unit had a QB that let them put their best foot forward this week. The guys who caught passes for UF don't have a ton of production in their past either.

Defensively over all, UF allowed FAU 353 yds. UT allowed BGSU 219 yds. UF had 6 sacks but that was their only TFLs. UT had 11 TFLs with 2 sacks. UT's DL spent the whole day in the backfield.

Again, these are really difficult comparisons because they played two different opponents. The other hard part is that many of the players we're discussing don't have a past to consider as a baseline.... and UT has new coaches and schemes.

If you want to say they're "better" then that is a subjective opinion that can't be argued much without more games. But "inferior" is a black and white type of term. It is a term you'd use between a B student and an F student... not a B+ student and a B- student which just looking at these two games would imply.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Why do people keep saying Florida is unbeatable before we play them when we all know for a fact that UT could play their best game against them or the Vols could fix their issues that lead people to believe they were unbeatable?
Really just about that simple. UF isn't unbeatable based on what they did Saturday. Presumably both teams will improve. If neither improves, UF likely wins. If UF improves a lot and UT only a little then UF wins by a lot. Vice versa, UT has a real shot. Neither team played well enough to be called an absolute lock though I think most of us would favor UF as we stand today.

Personally, I feel a little better about UT's chances than I did a week ago. Not predicting a win. Still think it is a likely loss. But UT looked credible along the LOS. If the Vols can get decent QB play then game on.

All but no passing attack. So so tackling. Defensive backs couldn't cover.

Not at all impressed. Our passing will improve and easily outpace them.

I'm counting the game as a W.
Our passing may not improve unless we put another QB in. By the time kids get to where they are, they usually are either accurate or not… doesn’t seem Milton is an accurate passer. Bailey has been robbed IMO.

Reactions: Tnslim1
Gators have a two QB controversy it seems. Emory Jones looked confused and slow at times. Then they put in a freshman QB, Anthony Richardson who was tearing it up! Looked like Lamar Jackson out there pulling off several decent runs. Not sure if he can throw at all, but clearly they got issues at QB.

Have I mentioned Richardson.

Agreed. I think we could perhaps give them a game this yr (with improved qb play), but they have a talent and coaching edge.
Talent edge I would agree but coaching I would say evenly matched. Dan Mullen is no Saban and the assistants I would say UT might be even or better.

UF's O will have to be much, much better to score on much less beat UGA. I was amazed at how well they controlled Clemson all night.

Maybe. Both UGa and Clemson looked really bad on offense. Neither looked to be even remotely close to Bama in terms of completeness. Bama is great on both sides of the ball. Clemson lost a few years of generational talent on offense in Etienne and Lawrence and they looked lost without them. Sure, much of that is due to Ga’s defense being stout, but after week 1, it’s Bama and everyone else half a lap behind.

UT should match up reasonably well along the LOS. Neither team passed well. Both teams ran well. Neither played a good opponent but FAU is better than BGSU. "Inferior" implies a wide margin of difference. That's probably not the right term. UF is likely a better roster overall. The one thing that may help UT is that they'll likely be coming off a complete beatdown by Bama.

We will know a lot more about UT after Pitt.
Think it’s pretty clear Bama and UGA top tier this year. UF probably tier two, and we are tier 3 at best and lowest rung at worst. That being said if there’s 5 tiers, the difference between tier 2 and 3 and 4 can be who shows up or the bounce of a ball. Am sure UF will clean things up like we will too. Our problem with UF has been scoring points...I think we’ll score points and at least be in the game vs UF, but will need some turnovers and things to go our way. Just my opinion.

Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back