Florida is not that good

4 Teez Tabor CB 1 Florida Jr 6-0 199 1
41 Caleb Brantley DT 5 Florida rJr 6-2 300 2
45 Marcus Maye FS 2 Florida rSr 5-11 210 2
46 Jarrad Davis OLB 3 Florida Sr 6-1 240 2
87 Bryan Cox DE 10 Florida rSr 6-3 260 3

NFL Draft - 2017 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

According to that list there is exactly one 1st round pick... and hes a knuckle head that will drop because of his lack of discipline.

So again they do not have five 1st round picks.

You're the one that said that....

According to that list there is exactly one 1st round pick... and hes a knuckle head that will drop because of his lack of discipline.

No. I'm not.

Their talent on that side of the ball is completely legit. Tabor is a scout's dream: Tall, fluid corner who can completely shut down his side of the field - he's probably better than Hargreaves was. Their defense hasn't been legitimately scored on all season. UMass scored their one TD because Florida committed like 50 yards in penalties on their lone scoring drive, and Kentucky scored late against their backups.

They're good, really good.

Oh you're NOT the one said they have Five 1st round picks.

Sorry Jakez4ut.

Lets see what Tabor does to Malone in Saturday.

Last edited:

I was just responding to this:
[/QUOTE]They don't have 5 NFL players on their defense period.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 1 person
Oh you're the one said they have Five 1st round picks.

Sorry Jakez4ut.

Lets see what Tabor does to Malone in Saturday.

No worries. It's overstated to say 5 1st rounders. It's also overstated to say they don't have 5 future NFL players on the roster today.

So you're both wrong, at least as far as the 2017 draft is concerned.

And you are grossly underestimating their defense. Considering the matchup at least.

Neither Jake nor anybody else said Florida has 5 first round picks on defense.

You said this.....

"Really who?
This is silly... maybe 3 teams in America have that type of talent.

They don't have 5 NFL players on their defense period."

Jake responded with data that shows the NFL draft experts believe they have 5 defensive players who will be drafted/are NFL players.

Not sure why you moved the goal posts from "NFL players" to "first round picks", but you did.

No worries. It's overstated to say 5 1st rounders. It's also overstated to say they don't have 5 future NFL players on the roster today.

So you're both wrong, at least as far as the 2017 draft is concerned.

And you are grossly underestimating their defense. Considering the matchup at least.

I meant in the defensive starting lineup. I was pretty clear about that i thought.

They probably have a few more than
5 in the 2 deep overall on D.

That defense has not been tested. I like our chances.

You said this.....

"Really who?

Jake responded with data that shows the NFL draft experts believe they have 5 defensive players who will be drafted/are NFL players.

Not sure why you moved the goal posts from "NFL players" to "first round picks", but you did.

Read the poster before Jakez4ut.

I meant in the defensive starting lineup. I was pretty clear about that i thought.

They probably have a few more than
5 in the 2 deep overall on D.

That defense has not been tested. I like our chances.

That list was for the draft coming up in April. Call it what you will, Their defense is very talented, and productive.

And while I wont credit their SOS thus far, they've allowed 14 points in 3 games. They've handled the competition, like they should .

And you're still ignoring the matchup issue.

Against basically the same defense...in the swamp no less...we racked up 255 yards passing and 165 yards rushing last year. They're missing Hargreaves this year - we're missing Kerbyson.

FL got 392 yards; 283 in the air and 109 running. This year they're starting a 5th year senior qb who I believe has only one win as a starter.

Vegas has UT as a 10 pt fave.

I get what the naysayers are dishing out but odds are we continue our current win streak
this weekend. Please note that these facts in no way should detract from anyone's reverse hex voodoo, reverse psychology, or therapeutic negativism.

florida having to start appleby instead of del rio?? that's like getting ready for a date with kate upton and lady ga ga shows up instead!

Unless we are hiding everything we have, I don't see DeBore coming out of his shell and calling a good enough game to win it. Florida is not that good and neither are we.

He called a good enough game to win it last year. We can do it this year too.

Florida has played two small, bottom of the FBS teams and a Kentucky team who has clearly regressed (if that's possible). I'll reserve my judgement on both their offense and defense until after the Tennesses game

I'm sure it's been said already... but as bad as Florida always seems to be (last few years), they always come out and play their best against UT. It seems that back up quarterbacks have break out performances against us. We haven't shown much intensity this year and we will have backups starting due to injuries..

At the end of the day, I am excited about the match up this year and hopefully we will show some intensity. I think the crowd is going to play a major role in this game; hopefully Florida's play calling will be off and they're unable to change plays at the line..

Play calling vanilla, showing no energy, or poor coaching.. We are 3-0 right now... We will only continue to improve.

GBO!

Yeah, pot meet kettle i know.

Here's the one thing ive noticed about our team. We wake up when absolutely must wake up.
All these injuries and inconsistencies. Still making enough plays.

Florida still has problems on the line. And at QB. Del Rio is not a difference maker.

No Kirkland
- Sutton
- Lewis

But we still have Josh Dobbs.

Tenn has fumbled 11 times already

Tenn has huge problems on OL

Florida has 16 sacks to Tenn 3 I just think this gator defense is gonna eat too many beasts to deal with got a lot of good pass rushers and a great secondary

Offense hasn't looked bad either hell we might be able win off 4 or 5 fg off eddy's leg if need be but we'll see

So far all 4 rb have looked good esp Scarlett and Perine

Cronk is good 3rd down guy him and Perine catch it out the backfield well

Appleby has plenty of good targets to throw it to including a great one in Callaway

Last edited:
Tenn has fumbled 11 times already -this is a concern, but I think the sloppy play has mainly been the fact that we have played inferior opponents and the mindset was on the lines of we will win anyway

Tenn has huge problems on OL -Truly, so does florida

Florida has 16 sacks to Tenn 3 I just think this gator defense is gonna eat too many beasts to deal with got a lot of good pass rushers and a great secondary -pretty easy to rack up sacks against a weak line, then again UT's line is not so great either

Offense hasn't looked bad either hell we might be able win off 4 or 5 fg off eddy's leg if need be but we'll see -possibly, seeing most of our opponents who have been bad offensive teams seem to be able to do this

So far all 4 rb have looked good esp Scarlett and Perine -hard to say, you havent played anyone

Cronk is good 3rd down guy him and Perine catch it out the backfield well -Again, hard to say seeing that your competition has been weak up until this game

Appleby has plenty of good targets to throw it to including a great one in Callaway - he hasnt played in a single game yet. Also, it is hard to say what kind of QB he is under pressure

Some of my thoughts on these comments in bold.

It ain't that easy to rack up 16 sacks in 3 games there's just a surprising amount of guys that know how to get after the qb

Zuniga
Davis
Anzalone
Brantley
Cox
Jefferson
Polite
Sherit

These guys are tearing **** up together and I'm loving it

Last edited:
It ain't that easy to rack up 16 sacks in 3 games there's just a surprising amount of guys that know how to get after the qb

Zuniga
Davis
Anzalone
Brantley
Cox
Jefferson
Polite
Sherit

These guys are tearing **** up together and I'm loving it

Do you think that is the x-factor for the game?

You said this.....

"Really who?

Look, as a Gator fan I don't have great confidence that we win, but there is a lot of talent on defense. Phil Steele picked Maye, Davis, and Tabor as all-Americans. Anzalone is back from injury and playing better than Davis. Wilson is playing better than Tabor. That's five who could go first round. All won't, but it is possible. Cox, Brantley, and Zuniga will play in the NFL.

VN Store

Back