Florida is not that good

Good hasn't been the factor...

It's what's between the ears...Florida KNOWS they're gonna WIN...

And Tennessee EXPECTS to Lose!

If players go in with that expectation they will Never win.

They need the expectation of how not to lose.

The only way fla wins this game is on D. Their offense was mediocre before del rio got hurt, with a bad oline, a banged up callaway, and no other playmakers. They have decent RBs, but UT can stuff the box and force appleby to pass, which he cannot do.

If Del Rio was a great precision passer, he would have started his college football career on scholarship.

Instead, he was a walk-on and scout team quarterback.

Then he transferred to the OSU Beavers who are not exactly a football powerhouse. Those coaches told him he was too short to play scout team quarterback.

Del Rio is a b-u-m.

Appleby can't hit the side of a barn, but at least he can see over the top of linemen helmets.

Here are the facts on Del Rio and how he ended up at UF:

Del Rio walked on at Bama because then Bama OC Nussmeir and Saban asked him to, and his Daddy could afford it. He wanted to play sooner so he transferred to Oregon State after being courted by then Oregon State Coach Mile Riley. Before choosing Oregon State, McElwain pushed hard to get him to Colorado State, so he was already very familiar with him. When Riley and staff left Oregon State, Oregon State hired a spread offense coach, which does NOT suit Del Rio. When Nussmeir and McElwain ended up at Florida, it was a no-brainer for all involved.

But aside from all that, all you have to do is look at his 3 games this year. UF's passing offense looked better after 3 games this year with Del Rio than it has in many, many years, including Will Grier's 6 games last season. And I don't care about the competition because UF hasn't been able to throw against ANYBODY with Treon Harris, Driskel, etc for the last few years. Del Rio had very impressive so far before the injury.

But all of this is moot now, because Del Rio is out. Appleby will show you what he can do Saturday, if anything.

This is a big stretch.

We just disagree. Again. I've watched almost as much Fla football as UT football this year. Yes it's a push for what they have done on the field thus far this year. We are just more focused on our own woes and debate our own situation to death more

It's a push for what both teams have done this year

The only way fla wins this game is on D. Their offense was mediocre before del rio got hurt, with a bad oline, a banged up callaway, and no other playmakers. They have decent RBs, but UT can stuff the box and force appleby to pass, which he cannot do.

To hear their fans talk they have the best group of running backs in the country lol.

Here are the facts on Del Rio and how he ended up at UF:

Del Rio walked on at Bama because then Bama OC Nussmeir and Saban asked him to, and his Daddy could afford it. He wanted to play sooner so he transferred to Oregon State after being courted by then Oregon State Coach Mile Riley. Before choosing Oregon State, McElwain pushed hard to get him to Colorado State, so he was already very familiar with him. When Riley and staff left Oregon State, Oregon State hired a spread offense coach, which does NOT suit Del Rio. When Nussmeir and McElwain ended up at Florida, it was a no-brainer for all involved.

But aside from all that, all you have to do is look at his 3 games this year. UF's passing offense looked better after 3 games this year with Del Rio than it has in many, many years, including Will Grier's 6 games last season. And I don't care about the competition because UF hasn't been able to throw against ANYBODY with Treon Harris, Driskel, etc for the last few years. Del Rio had very impressive so far before the injury.

But all of this is moot now, because Del Rio is out. Appleby will show you what he can do Saturday, if anything.

Yes! Time for you to get back on the drywall job

but UT can stuff the box and force appleby to pass, which he cannot do.

I think everyone so far may be underestimating Appleby, which is just fine with UF.

In the past, the UF back-up QB has been Treon Harris and Tyler Murphy types, which were absolutely passing challenged, Harris more so than Murphy.

Appleby is a strong-armed, big, mature, experienced QB, who played for some really bad Purdue teams. But he can actually throw a forward pass, and he does actually have a decent arm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDB4FameEec

I think everyone so far may be underestimating Appleby, which is just fine with UF.

In the past, the UF back-up QB has been Treon Harris and Tyler Murphy types, which were absolutely passing challenged, Harris more so than Murphy.

Appleby is a strong-armed, big, mature, experienced QB, who played for some really bad Purdue teams. But he can actually throw a forward pass, and he does actually have a decent arm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDB4FameEec

I saw two passes on Saturday after he came in that I'm still trying to figure out who he was throwing to. One wound up deep in the sidelines and may have made it to the stands! Thus far he has thrown as many picks as TDs in his career. I don't think he could hit the side of a barn from the inside with the doors closed.

I saw two passes on Saturday after he came in that I'm still trying to figure out who he was throwing to. One wound up deep in the sidelines and may have made it to the stands! Thus far he has thrown as many picks as TDs in his career. I don't think he could hit the side of a barn from the inside with the doors closed.

Then UT should win BIG. UF will line up and hand it off 60+ times, may manage a screen pass or two, play Muschamp ball, hope for a 10-9 win. I think UT coaches should plan to stuff the run and gameplan around the idea that Appleby can't "hit the side of a barn."

Then UT should win BIG. UF will line up and hand it off 60+ times, may manage a screen pass or two, play Muschamp ball, hope for a 10-9 win. I think UT coaches should plan to stuff the run and gameplan around the idea that Appleby can't "hit the side of a barn."

We are studying this tape of Appleby

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

I do believe we will gameplan on forcing him to throw. That's just common sense based on his performance.

You guys have some studs at WR and TE. But I think you might struggle to get them the ball. That's all

All we can focus on is this year.

That Florida defense is not as good as people think. Houston, Louisville, Ohio State, LSU, Bama, Clemson,Texas A&M, Arkansas all have better defenses.

Losing Del Rio is not going to change much about them offensively.

They're not very good yet. Until they get the QB situation fixed they won't be so.

Virginia Tech can beat this Florida team.

Posts like this are what make your fans look bad. Yeah that Bama D that gave up 43 to Ole Miss! Seriously, you are a joke.

They are comparing them to Alabama in terms of talent. That's crazy.

Without Kirkland and Sutton, we will still have the better defense this saturday.

Again you are a joke. Jarrad Davis > Kirkland and Tabor > Sutton. Anyone care to disagree on this?

Also saw this posted somewhere:

Also, since suspending Will Grier, Florida is 7-4 with wins over North Texas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Florida Atlantic, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, and Georgia (the only quality win). The four losses were by an average margin of 20 points.

You had me until this:

"But we still have Josh Dobbs"

As much as I dislike Deboard, I do believe they have limited Dobbs running the ball to keep him healthy for SEC play. But with that being said, Dobbs throwing the ball is absolutely concerning! I'm also not calling for Jones head because i do not want to go back to where we were before he did get here. I do like being in the top 25 being talked about weekly, being bowl eligible, and bringing in top 10 class every year. Once that gets old again, maybe then, but until then, go VOLS and beat Jorts University!

Yo... I know statesboro well. Love the area.

are you serious? What has Butch done exactly besides recruit?

i've not been in the mood to defend CBJ lately.

but.

that's an over simplification considering the shape our program was in when he got here.

this is the first year we've had supposed talent + experience, so let's see what he can do from this point forward.

every goal we have is in front of us. will we go get it? dunno.

but i guarantee that CJM walked in to an infinitely better situation than CBJ did.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back