FLORIDA -15 Tennessee

why do people keep saying USF is a bad team? they returned 16 starters from last year's 8-5 team and only have a new staff (most think a better coach) because their old HC Leavitt punched a player. sure Florida started out slow but 38-14 with 423 yards of offense isn't mediocre by most standards as that's 24 yards less than what Oregon put on you guys but in 10 fewer plays.

I repeat:

So what is your excuse for the Miami (Ohio) game....40 yards of offense against that team at the end of the 3rd qtr....if they don't fake that punt you're probably 1-1 too right now....with all the superior athletes UF has that is simply pathetic.

I mean 1st game of the season against a team that Kentucky thumped 42-0 the season before and went 1-11 in 2009.

With the kids there....you should have won by 72 with 10 fewer plays. SHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't say nothing.......you have no excuses for it.:censored:

I repeat:

So what is your excuse for the Miami (Ohio) game....40 yards of offense against that team at the end of the 3rd qtr....if they don't fake that punt you're probably 1-1 too right now....with all the superior athletes UF has that is simply pathetic.

I mean 1st game of the season against a team that Kentucky thumped 42-0 the season before and went 1-11 in 2009.

With the kids there....you should have won by 72 with 10 fewer plays. SHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't say nothing.......you have no excuses for it.:censored:

That's going to suck if UT loses right? I mean a team that barely beats a 1-11 teams beats UT? Ouch!!!

I repeat:

aside from Miami of Ohio returning practically their entire team from last year, it had a lot to do with 13 bad snaps, three fumbles and everyone on the offensive line playing out of position due to extensive personnel out for the game which necessitated starting a guy who's never played tackle before and a third string freshman. and still Miami of Ohio never had a prayer of winning that game.

those aren't excuses because we should have played MUCH BETTER in that game. it's an explanation why when we get the snap fixed, LG Carl Johnson back and all of the sudden the offensive production doubles against a FAR more decent opponent despite the o-line still being greatly shifted.

we get starting LT Xavier Nixon back this week. that moves starting RT Marcus Gilbert back to his rightful spot from LT. and that in turn moves starting RG Maurice Hurt back to his rightful spot from RT. and that in turn puts third string freshman G Jon Halapio back on the bench. add to that WR Frankie Hammond coming off his two-game suspension and i think you'll see the Florida offense this Saturday significantly better than yesterday.

Last edited:
once again 15 is a complement. The ducks only piled on when we gave up. We lacked resolve the second half. But there again we were beat by 31 and only a fifteen dog. There still afraid to count us out. Win or lose, like that. GBO!

Put the bottle down bro.

I repeat:

It was actually 25 yards of offense going into the 4th.

We sucked it up the fist game. No excuses for that.

I feel a lot better about our odds against Florida than i ever did against Oregon. Florida has been lucky to pull out wins their first two games at home. We can take this one.

why do people keep saying USF is a bad team? they returned 16 starters from last year's 8-5 team and only have a new staff (most think a better coach) because their old HC Leavitt punched a player. sure Florida started out slow but 38-14 with 423 yards of offense isn't mediocre by most standards as that's 24 yards less than what Oregon put on you guys but in 10 fewer plays.

Don't kid yourself.. Florida is no Oregon.

USF would probably play the Vols tough, and could possibly beat them.

USF hasn't had a bad season since 05, and they were .500 that year.

Ok. So your point is that USF would "probably" play the Vols close and they have played well in past seasons. You missed your calling for law school with such a convincing arguement.

Did u watch the game? They were a bad football team and Florida struggled nonetheless.

You comment is "probably" quite dumb...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Ok. So your point is that USF would "probably" play the Vols close and they have played well in past seasons. You missed your calling for law school with such a convincing arguement.

Did u watch the game? They were a bad football team and Florida struggled nonetheless.

You comment is "probably" quite dumb...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yes I watched the game. USF would have a legitimate shot at beating the Vols. :ermm:

I love how people on here judge the next game by the last game. These players are learning every time they practice or play and you will see improvement as we go along as long as the injury bug stays away. The coaches better use more rotation in the defensive unit or we are in deep trouble. Every team we play saw the effects of the up-tempo offense from Oregon and will duplicate it if possible.

I was disturbed with the way they gave up but that could have been fatigue as well as heart. They were awesome in the first half. I just wish they had enough bodies to sustain that for a complete game. Beat the lizards!

GO VOLS!!

If past is prologue, Dooley's predecessor run at La Tech against teams with the kind of talent gap we have against Florida isn't good...

Record: 1-8
# of Losses by Less Than 15: 1
Median Margin: 24

VN Store

Back