FLORIDA -15 Tennessee

I thought Fla would be atleast a 20 point favorite. Every week is different!! Look @ Utah State and Oklahoma . . then the next week they totally destroy Fla state

IMO, betting on a young, inexperienced, mistake prone team with some new coaches on the road in the SEC against a fierce rival is the definition of an UNSAFE bet.

I'll be taking the points and still nervous that the vols might win, outright.

This game just might indicate whether the Gator season goes north to a BCS bowl or South to a Chik-Fil-A Bowl this season, IMO.

You don't honestly think Urban thinks of us as that, do you? I wouldn't. We're his Kentucky...

a spread doesn't always tell the story.

look at florida's first two games.

florida could win (for sake of argument) 31-14 and the game be a lot closer than the score.

or they could not cover, win by 4, and dominate the game more than the score would indicate.

the spread is for betters. i could care less about the margin of victory.

just win

If I was a betting man I wouldn't touch this game...but since I'm not...Florida covers via 3 TDs in the 2nd half.

If the offense keeps on rolling as it did in the second half against USF, I got the Gators 42-7.

If not, 31-10

keep in mind that if Meyer trusts his defense (which he does this year) and builds a comfortable lead on the road that he has a tendency to take his foot off the gas and attempt to play ball control. of course IF that happens Tennessee will still need to tackle our RBs to prevent us from scoring but i doubt very much we'd be throwing deep like in 2007.

Last edited:
Oregon is a lot better than Florida

Bingo! Florida is not good enough to run a play every 21 seconds. At least we will have time to breathe! A talented gator team that may be better in November. At the end of the day depth and youth will expose us in the big games. Hopefully we can slow them down and move the ball! GBO!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Frankly, Florida has done nothing to earn that kind of pnt spread. Mediocre wins over 2 bad teams...GBO!!!

Frankly, Florida has done nothing to earn that kind of pnt spread. Mediocre wins over 2 bad teams...GBO!!!

USF would probably play the Vols tough, and could possibly beat them.

USF hasn't had a bad season since 05, and they were .500 that year.

Oregon is a lot better than Florida

Without Tebow....Florida's offense just looks lost...it looked rough alot of games last year too with him at the helm without Harvin to bail him out alot.

Without Spikes 'roid rage....Florida's defense doesn't look stellar either....their secondary has saved them so far.

Meyer has never played without Tebow at Florida until now....now he has to show it was the system he uses...not the QB he landed when he arrived at Florida.

If we're going to upset Florida....this is going to be our chance.....before they figure out their true identity....say what you want that's just my 2 :twocents: on it.

Without Tebow....Florida's offense just looks lost...it looked rough alot of games last year too with him at the helm without Harvin to bail him out alot.

Without Spikes 'roid rage....Florida's defense doesn't look stellar either....their secondary has saved them so far.

Meyer has never played without Tebow at Florida until now....now he has to show it was the system he uses...not the QB he landed when he arrived at Florida.

If we're going to upset Florida....this is going to be our chance.....before they figure out their true identity....say what you want that's just my 2 :twocents: on it.

Same story every year.

USF would probably play the Vols tough, and could possibly beat them.

USF hasn't had a bad season since 05, and they were .500 that year.

So what is your excuse for the Miami (Ohio) game....40 yards of offense against that team at the end of the 3rd qtr....if they don't fake that punt you're probably 1-1 too right now....with all the superior athletes UF has that is simply pathetic.

I mean 1st game of the season against a team that Kentucky thumped 42-0 the season before and went 1-11 in 2009:

Miami (OH) 2009 Schedule - RedHawks Home and Away - ESPN

I'm just sayin'.

Last edited:
Same story every year.

Meyer obviously was concerned about it last season....

tebow-is-gay.jpg

why do people keep saying USF is a bad team? they returned 16 starters from last year's 8-5 team and only have a new staff (most think a better coach) because their old HC Leavitt punched a player. sure Florida started out slow but 38-14 with 423 yards of offense isn't mediocre by most standards as that's 24 yards less than what Oregon put on you guys but in 10 fewer plays.

Last edited:
once again 15 is a complement. The ducks only piled on when we gave up. We lacked resolve the second half. But there again we were beat by 31 and only a fifteen dog. There still afraid to count us out. Win or lose, like that. GBO!

VN Store

Back