'19 FL QB Brian Maurer (Tennessee signee)

I'm most concerned about getting somebody in here who has become complacent with losing
How do you know he's become "complacent" with losing? He can only do his part during the game, and from how he's played so far, I'd say he's done a damn good job. He can't control that his team around him sucks.

How do you know he's become "complacent" with losing? He can only do his part during the game, and from how he's played so far, I'd say he's done a damn good job. He can't control that his team around him sucks.
I didn't say I knew anyting. Just meant that if he is used to playing on a losing team, that he might be satisfied with that.

The numbers he has been putting up don't suggest he is complacent with losing at all.
I'm reminded of Hunter Johnson who also put up video game numbers who's team never beat anybody. His performance at Clemson left a lot to be desired

I'm reminded of Hunter Johnson who also put up video game numbers who's team never beat anybody. His performance at Clemson left a lot to be desired
Hunter Johnson played like crap his senior year, and looked like a sissy girl against any team that put pressure on him. I watched several of his games, and I was not a fan of him when he was committed. I called him being a bust.

I'm remind you of Hunter Johnson who also put up video game numbers who's team never beat anybody. His performance at Clemson left a lot to be desired

Being a 5* QB in HS never guarantees success at the next level. But that has nothing to do with what you suggested. Johnson led his team to a conference championship his senior season, so his situation as a HS senior was completely different than Mauer's. I simply pointed out that Mauer is putting up video game numbers in a losing season, which doesn't really suggest complacency to me. It suggests someone trying to single-handedly carry his team to victories. I'll take that.

Being a 5* QB in HS never guarantees success at the next level. But that has nothing to do with what you suggested. Johnson led his team to a conference championship his senior season, so his situation as a HS senior was completely different than Mauer's. I simply pointed out that Mauer is putting up video game numbers in a losing season, which doesn't really suggest complacency to me. It suggests someone trying to single-handedly carry his team to victories. I'll take that.
LOL. Have you ever heard of complementary football?

LOL. Have you ever heard of complementary football?

Maurer has been All VOL since he committed I’ll take that any day. On top of that he has improved significantly from last year and is playing better this year. That tells me the kid can be coached. I’ll take a kid that shows constant improvement, has a chip on his shoulder, loves the team he committed to, and most of all a kid that can be coached over any other type of kid out there.

Hunter Johnson played like crap his senior year, and looked like a sissy girl against any team that put pressure on him. I watched several of his games, and I was not a fan of him when he was committed. I called him being a bust.
Quite premature to call HJ a bust, yet. Just because he was beat out at Clemson by Trevor Lawrence and transferred to a place he'd get a shot doesn't make him a bust. Now, if he blows it at Northwestern, then you have an argument.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Go back and read some Butch quotes

I know what complimentary football is, and I know Butch loved to talk about it. But I would like for you to explain to me what that has to do with your suggestion that Mauer might be complacent because his team is lousy.

I know what complimentary football is, and I know Butch loved to talk about it. But I would like for you to explain to me what that has to do with your suggestion that Mauer might be complacent because his team is lousy.
I was just basically saying it as a joke, but your reaction to it indicates to me that somewhere deep inside there is a concern on your part that he might actually bring his losing ways to his college team. By the way where did you get the information that hunter Johnson won a championship in his senior year? Everything I've ever seen said his high school team was a bottom feeder.

Quite premature to call HJ a bust, yet. Just because he was beat out at Clemson by Trevor Lawrence and transferred to a place he'd get a shot doesn't make him a bust. Now, if he blows it at Northwestern, then you have an argument.
Fair enough..I have to say that NW is a good spot for him. He may end up not being a total bust.

I was just basically saying it as a joke, but your reaction to it indicates to me that somewhere deep inside there is a concern on your part that he might actually bring his losing ways to his college team. By the way where did you get the information that hunter Johnson won a championship in his senior year? Everything I've ever seen said his high school team was a bottom feeder.
They weren’t a bottom feeder, they had a pretty good year his senior year but got blown out first round of the the playoffs iirc

VN Store

Back