'19 FL QB Brian Maurer (Tennessee signee)

West Port over Lake Minneola tonight: "Quarterback Brian Maurer shined in the 40-34 win at home, completing 29-of-39 passes for over 350 yards and five touchdowns."

That puts Maurer over the 3,000-yard mark in passing this season. With one game left, he's completed 65.7% of his passes for 28 TDs.

Leave off "after JG".
Yeah i could see him talking the starting job next year with his mobility but would also be interesting to see shrout in the fold. He might take the starting job next year. Just dont know if i see JG being the guy at this point. He has one good game under his belt but that wont help him if he cant learn to move in the pocket and step up and run when he has the open lane. I really do hope it will click for JG but if he isnt getting it done then its next man up.

West Port over Lake Minneola tonight: "Quarterback Brian Maurer shined in the 40-34 win at home, completing 29-of-39 passes for over 350 yards and five touchdowns."

That puts Maurer over the 3,000-yard mark in passing this season. With one game left, he's completed 65.7% of his passes for 28 TDs.
I wish you all would quit bringing these optimistic stats. We know he just plays complementary football and complacently enjoys losing.

He will be our next qb. JG is unquestionably the starter until he leaves. Shrout won't see the field much imo. He is miles behind JG now and I think Maurer will pass him up when he arrives.

I wouldn’t necessarily say that,JT is redshirted which makes him the 3rd string,mind you he’s ahead of McBride coming in as a freshman on the depth chart,Keller is 2nd because of his experience and was only backup in my opinion because JG had a whole offsean to understand and learn the playbook with reps verses Keller,I still think if Keller was here sooner he would start over JG🤷🏽‍♂️

I wouldn’t necessarily say that,JT is redshirted which makes him the 3rd string,mind you he’s ahead of McBride coming in as a freshman on the depth chart,Keller is 2nd because of his experience and was only backup in my opinion because JG had a whole offsean to understand and learn the playbook with reps verses Keller,I still think if Keller was here sooner he would start over JG🤷🏽‍♂️
Shrout and Chryst don't have the accuracy of the other two. I don't know if Shrout will ever get it. He was 51% in HS and erratic with his ball placement and accuracy here according to the observers.

That is the response of someone with no argument.

54% and 51% passers. JG was more accurate than both in camp. Pruitt even said Shrout has a problem with accuracy but has a big arm. So . . . . . . . .
High schools and no context. Regurgitate stats, rinse and repeat. Blah blah blah.
Tennessee's QB 'future is bright' with JT Shrout

What JT Shrout can gain from being scout-team QB for UT Vols

Tennessee football: Is JT Shrout the Vols QB of the future?

Pruitt says no front-runner yet in Vols' QB race

Fact is everyone that's been around him at UT says he's got a great arm and the future looks good for him.

There's your argument.

But please, keep telling us his high school numbers.

High schools and no context. Regurgitate stats, rinse and repeat. Blah blah blah.
Tennessee's QB 'future is bright' with JT Shrout

What JT Shrout can gain from being scout-team QB for UT Vols

Tennessee football: Is JT Shrout the Vols QB of the future?

Pruitt says no front-runner yet in Vols' QB race

Fact is everyone that's been around him at UT says he's got a great arm and the future looks good for him.

There's your argument.

But please, keep telling us his high school numbers.

I have a hard time believing a kid who threw nearly 30 interceptions his senior year is going to contribute in the SEC.

I have a hard time believing a kid who threw nearly 30 interceptions his senior year is going to contribute in the SEC.
That's the funny part.

It requires no belief or disbelief one way or the other.

The staff likes him, they red shirted him because he does need development.

Not sure why people are so willing to offer absolutes, when so little is actually known about where he is.... Today.

Shrout and Chryst don't have the accuracy of the other two. I don't know if Shrout will ever get it. He was 51% in HS and erratic with his ball placement and accuracy here according to the observers.
Started one year. You need to be more open minded. Compress many of your stats into one and out seasons and your world would explode.

VN Store

Back