'19 FL QB Brian Maurer (Tennessee signee)

I know someone actually called this guy "noodle arm" and that it has also become something of a joke in here, but I just watched the video Sleegro posted this morning. He's anything but a noodle arm. There are times it looks like he barely even tries (because he is moving in the pocket and just can't set himself to put a lot of mechanics into the throw, and throws it 20-30 yards.
Mills didn't actually call him a "noodle" arm, he said he had a "bad" arm, and I started making fun of him for saying the kid had a "noodle arm" when he obviously was actually strong armed..and things went from there...

Reactions: SugarCC
Mills didn't actually call him a "noodle" arm, he said he had a "bad" arm, and I started making fun of him for saying the kid had a "noodle arm" when he obviously was actually strong armed..and things went from there...

And I posted this picture for anyone that was confused on what a noodle arm looked like...J5mq1bL.jpg

He started spouting the noodle arm reference immediately afterwards. So he made it his own. He IS Noodle Arm !

Just you causing more trouble. ☺️

Yeah I think that was two months ago when Maurer committed and mills went on a Forrest Gump run..
Oh, yeah, I remember it. Just imagine how in luck we're going to be when Maurer develops just a mediocre arm, once he gets on campus. If THAT'S a noodle arm, I'm cool with it.

I hear he was fighting a mountain lion with one hand while running too. Did you guys here that?
From an article on The Athletic about him meeting Peyton.
Advice from Peyton Manning in hand, Brian Maurer decides to...

Maurer’s athletic ability also tested at an elite level. He ran a 4.6-second 40-yard dash, in addition to his ability to dunk when he steps off the field in favor of the hardwood. And he did it all just three weeks after fracturing his foot in his high school spring game.

Another great excerpt.

But for Roberts and the Elite 11 staff, who disregard rankings and offers in their evaluations, what jumped off the page was an advanced stat called “load to arrival.”

In short, it’s the amount of time between a quarterback’s second hand coming off the ball and when it arrives to the receiver. Maurer ranked in the top five in that statistic.

“It’s how (Alabama quarterback) Tua (Tagovailoa) popped in our eyes. He did not come in as a highly ranked guy off tape, but his load to arrival was lightning quick. Brian’s is up there,” Roberts said. “It’s a quick, compact delivery, and he can generate a lot of force in his core and the ball finishes. So beyond just RPMs, quick compact stroke, he’s got a mixture of both.”

“For us, 7-on-7 is a little different. You sit up in the stands and say, ‘Wow, Brian went 14 of 21 with four TDs and no interceptions,’ ” Roberts said. “But what Trent Dilfer and our staff looks at is: Did he take the proper drop? Did he go through his progressions right? Did his eyes start on the right progression? Kids in the past, you see they shredded 7-on-7 and you pull them aside and say, ‘Did you follow the playbook the way you’re supposed to?’ And they’ll say, ‘No, Coach, I didn’t know exactly what I was doing.’ ‘Cool, got it, but that’s the expectation.’

“Not only did he shred it from a production standpoint and what the public can see, he digested it and did it above the neck and applied it and executed it. Tying his feet to his eyes, getting the proper drop, keeping the load in his back leg, all the little finite coaching points we harped on, he was able to do.”

Edit: if you have a sub the whole article is really good and worth reading.

VN Store

Back