'19 FL QB Brian Maurer (Tennessee signee)

I trust Tyson Helton’s evaluations. Plus this kid has tons of upside. He has a canon for an arm and he still has a lot of progress to be made in the weight room. Plus according to espn he scored a sparq rating of 95 with a really good vertical and weighted throw. I also heard he can run a 4.6. Point is, i’ll take a 6’4” kid with really good athleticism and a nice release any day of the week. This isn’t a good year for quarterbacks, which usually means people will get over rated for being “the best of the bad”. See the above class with Chryst, etc as an example. There are always underrated guys though, and I expect that even though Maurer is one of them he will still get the fourth star before all is said and done for those who care.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Just win. Get us a qb that can game.

Sadly. threre seens to be a correlation between winning and higher rated qb's. hate to be that guy.
Nope. Look at the NFL and it’s full of guys that played at lesser schools. Even top pick Baker Mayfield was a 3 Star transfer. The # of 5-Star busts at QB is alarming.

Friday the 31st, Maurer was 40/54 for 422 yds , with 3 TD's and 1 Int.- last pass thrown in attempt to get the lead/win.) Forty completions set new county record. Old record was 28, set by Maurer in 2017.
Old record was actually 30-something, but this is still a record I believe. Incredible job, Maurer.

Reactions: Sleegro
That one poster be like
giphy.gif

Maurer response
giphy.gif

Noodle Arm. They make blue pills for that. Orange ones in TN

Last edited:
Opposing quarterback Brian Maurer executed throws to the flats at will all night, completing 22 of 34 passes for 275 yards, with three touchdowns and an interception.
Wolf Pack top ’Canes on Senior Night

He also ran for 2 TDs last night.
But who is this Will guy who keeps catching all these passes? We need that guy!

VN Store

Back