'19 FL QB Brian Maurer (Tennessee signee)

Most everyone does except for you and noodles.
I don't think it's all that great and it doesn't look like great competition.

But he camped here, he's been evaluated and the coaches like him. And he's had a great off season on the camp circuit, where others also had high opinions of him.

Lss.. it's a high school highlight video.

Didn't move the needle with me one way or the other. Glad he's in board.

But he camped here, he's been evaluated and the coaches like him. And he's had a great off season on the camp circuit, where others also had high opinions of him.

Agreed. They must’ve seen something they liked at camp, because that film is not good.

In all seriousness, do you really think he looks impressive in that film?
Yes I do...in my opinion "Mechanics" are waaaay overrated for college QBs. Escapability/mobility, touch and accuracy, arm strength and improvisational ability are what I believe are important. Robotic technicians are not the stars of college QBs...Elusive strong armed playmakers are. Kid dropped some beautiful passes in with touch in that vid, and scrambled his butt off.

I guess I read the OP wrong. He was specifically talking about that one game highlight. I think people who have watched his other highlights and camp film think he looks pretty good. Even if you scroll up a little and look at last weeks game he looked pretty good.

I guess I read the OP wrong. He was specifically talking about that one game highlight. I think people who have watched his other highlights and camp film think he looks pretty good. Even if you scroll up a little and look at last weeks game he looked pretty good.

i agree. i think he's gonna be fine. i don't htink he's playing in a super compeitive conference in his high school region. but he excels in it, as one would hope he would given the talent he's displayed.

Not good is too strong — he’s making some plays. And it looks like he’s got some intangibles. It just looks like he’ll need some substantial development.
and that's ok. not everyone needs to be, nor should expected to be, a freshman aa the minute they step on campus.

I know someone actually called this guy "noodle arm" and that it has also become something of a joke in here, but I just watched the video Sleegro posted this morning. He's anything but a noodle arm. There are times it looks like he barely even tries (because he is moving in the pocket and just can't set himself to put a lot of mechanics into the throw, and throws it 20-30 yards.

I know someone actually called this guy "noodle arm" and that it has also become something of a joke in here, but I just watched the video Sleegro posted this morning. He's anything but a noodle arm. There are times it looks like he barely even tries (because he is moving in the pocket and just can't set himself to put a lot of mechanics into the throw, and throws it 20-30 yards.
Mills glares and adds to his ignore list.

The 400 M run is the true test of arm strength
q7693Eb.gif

VN Store

Back