Fishing in Tennessee

I agree!

I'm actually surprised this thread never got more action. If I still lived and fished in Tennessee id have a lot more to talk about...

Living in East Tennessee is an anglers dream. I can be at 12-14 different lakes within 1.5 hr from my house. I can also be at numerous trout streams. I like to mostly bass fish but I also enjoy crappie and trout fishing on occassion.

Im much smarter now, but as a teenager me and my buddies used to noodle/grapple for catfish daily all over Watts Bar.

I was in a Jackson Quda 12 yak over the weekend. Comfortable to fish and float an entire day in front sure but it's my dad's. I'm looking at the vibe sea ghost 13. Anyone ever fished out of it?

Anybody ever fish the lake/river between Cleveland and Duck town? I'd spell it wrong if I tried. I've gone home to ky that way many times, and it always looks like a good area to fish.

Anybody ever fish the lake/river between Cleveland and Duck town? I'd spell it wrong if I tried. I've gone home to ky that way many times, and it always looks like a good area to fish.

Maybe im way off on what you're talking about but the lake between ducktown and cleveland is ocoee lake. But that is nowhere near Kentucky.

Wished I lived out towards the eastern part of the state just because of Chickamauga one of the best bass fishing lakes now.. But I got Kentucky lake in my backyard here in Memphis so it's ok and got the Mississippi reservoirs to the south for the world class crappie fishing..

2FA647CE-9226-4F27-BE83-D98091ECFD11.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe im way off on what you're talking about but the lake between ducktown and cleveland is ocoee lake. But that is nowhere near Kentucky.

That's it. I live in Georgia, but go home to ky sometimes that way into Cleveland to hit I-75.

Wished I lived out towards the eastern part of the state just because of Chickamauga one of the best bass fishing lakes now.. But I got Kentucky lake in my backyard here in Memphis so it's ok and got the Mississippi reservoirs to the south for the world class crappie fishing..

2FA647CE-9226-4F27-BE83-D98091ECFD11.jpg

Nice!

My dad just got two amazing Jackson fishing kayaks. We are going to put in at a nearby cove on Loudon this weekend where the yellow/striped bass are apparently hitting.

I'd like to float the Clinch for trout. Can someone explain the water release strategy and give me a good in and out recommendation?

My dad just got two amazing Jackson fishing kayaks. We are going to put in at a nearby cove on Loudon this weekend where the yellow/striped bass are apparently hitting.

I'd like to float the Clinch for trout. Can someone explain the water release strategy and give me a good in and out recommendation?

Jackson makes a great kayak and they are made in this state!!! I have fished in one for a few years now. A friend of mine is in their fishing team and I am hoping to find that hook up too.....

I can't, but there are people in this forum that live on the Clinch and should be able to point you in the right direction:

Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters - Little River Outfitters Forum

Last time I floated it I put in just below the weir dam (just below the Norris Dam) and went all the way to a TWRA access off Peach Orchard Rd a couple of miles above the 61 bridge. Caught some nice fish. I would only attempt it in a kayak with 0 generators running. If they are running 2 you definitely don't want to be in a kayak.

Normandy Lake- last year me and 3 buddy's caught over 160 crappie. If you like crappie, it's the place to go.

Last time I floated it I put in just below the weir dam (just below the Norris Dam) and went all the way to a TWRA access off Peach Orchard Rd a couple of miles above the 61 bridge. Caught some nice fish. I would only attempt it in a kayak with 0 generators running. If they are running 2 you definitely don't want to be in a kayak.

Thanks!

A buddy of mine is starting a kayak fishing guide service in which I will be apart of as. We will be on the water on March 1 2016. We will do half, full day, overnight and multi night trips down some mid state waters. More to come when I can release more info

You are not wrong, they will not be found in lower elevations. There are miles and miles of water though. Something for everyone from the guy who pulls off and fishes the side of the road to the guy chasing blue lines on a map. You can get away from everyone easily enough.

That said, I usually just fish around Tremont. I don't care so much how many fish I catch as I really just enjoy being on the water in the woods and hopping around rocks.

starting off fishing small stuff. some guys really get off on that ****. its technical as hell. id rather learn a depth, current; make a big ass cast. and hook 'em.

i miss a higher percentage of fish that live bait guys or baitcasters may catch but jt is what it is there is nothing better than smallie or saltwater fish on fly

people look at me like im bat **** crazy holding a fly rod standing over a school of baitfish, but i literally grew up watching bill dance and hank parker, too bad i caught the fly bug.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back