First four out.....

Ok. Nevermind. I had a brain-fart. Was forgetting that the 16's play each other, and not the 12's.

Virginia has lots of work to do to get in the tourney. Their RPI is 71 even with the great win over Md. They are not in over UT at this time despite his projections and I don't believe LaSalle is either. Virginia at the very least will have to get to Sunday of the ACC Tourney to get in.

So we just cheer for Gonzaga tonight? The rest of the mid major games are eh, or should we cheer for Davidson to beat CC tonight?

Getting sick of this crap already. We should be in.

Think I'm going to just avoid the board and ESPN for a few days until we win two more.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope the players believe the only way they get in is to win the SEC tournament.

:good!: Not sure we have to win it, but we cant afford to choke out! Agree with some other posters that we need at least 2 more W's. Im still worried about bracket busters winning their conference tourneys and getting auto bids...knocking out some of these "last four in" teams.

If we win 1 in the SECT we will still be on the bubble. Win 2, incl over bummer & we're in. If we get beat by SC or MSU we're toast. Conf tourney upsets will play havoc with us. Belmont winning was good. MTSU losing was bad. Teams like VA, Boise & LaSalle need to lose.

I don't think mtsu is a problem....they played 4 decent teams and lost to 3 of them if I remember correctly from looking at their schedule the other day.. Of course I've never seen worse picks than vcu and uab from a couple of years ago so anything's possible but mtsu imo not an at large team

This just goes to show how hard it can be to get into the big dance. I really thought the Mizzou win would boost us a lot more than it did and now it looks like winning 20 isn't going to be able to do it either. I hope this team plays with a chip on its shoulder and crushes in the SEC tourney.

Leave no doubt

Reactions: 2 people
I thought we were in after Mizzou, now I'm thinking we really need to beat Alabama.

And I'm saying Alabama because I'm assuming we can beat either a bad SC team or a terrible MSU team Thursday, and if we can't, then I'm not even going to bother watching the selection show.

Wait wait wait, let me get this right.
We lose to georgia, he moves us into last 4 in.
We win our last 2 games, he moves us into last 4 out.
.... Am I getting this right?

Yeah. Crazy, huh. Talking head that knows nothing and getting paid for it. Wait, he should be in Wash D.C.
GO VOLS!

I think something else that is very important will be how we close out if it happens to be in a loss. I remember a few years back UK bounced us in the SEC tourney by 30 or so and it really affected our seeding and how pundits perceived us. It was the big time upset pick to choose San Diego State to beat us that year.

The point is that we really can't afford something like that again. The last memory everyone has of us needs to be a good one.

Tonight the only game of any significance is the WCC final.

We want Gonzaga to win in blowout fashion and completely embarrass the Gaels.

I thought we were in after Mizzou, now I'm thinking we really need to beat Alabama.

And I'm saying Alabama because I'm assuming we can beat either a bad SC team or a terrible MSU team Thursday, and if we can't, then I'm not even going to bother watching the selection show.

This!
The winner of us vs Bama WILL get in. Loser most likely won't. It's that simple.

VN Store

Back