First dog

I was feeding my neighbor's pit while he was out of town. I had trouble getting in the house so I tried to lure it out of the doggy door and it was terrified of me, even though we had met on various occasions. LOL. It wasn't budging.

I just left some meat outside until I was able to get better instructions on entering the house.

My dog is terrified of Gonzo. In fact she seems to be terrified of tall, bearded men.

For an active dog that loves the outdoors you can't go wrong with a Brittany. Amazing in the fields, can run for days and will also curl up in your lap in the evening. Just wonderful dogs and ours is great with small kids if that's a consideration

No. I was at the Arkansas game. In hindsight, I should have gone to Centennial instead.

It was actually on Sunday afternoon. Pretty cool event though. They were doing micro chipping for $15 and giving out free spay and neuter vouchers. Had live music and food trucks.

Adopt. Tons of everything out there waiting for adoptions.

Got this knucklehead at 4 months. No idea what's in him (well there's some shepherd in there but he looks like a lab/pit mix) but he's awesome and loves everyone and everything.

Attachments

• P1000059.jpg
    P1000059.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 5
  • P1000043.jpg
    P1000043.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 3 people
I love dogs. The worst thing that can ever happen to a good person is to be allergic to dogs. Makes you wonder what you did in a prior life.

Reactions: 1 person
I love dogs. The worst thing that can ever happen to a good person is to be allergic to dogs. Makes you wonder what you did in a prior life.

I have allllergies to certain dogs. That's why we went with a bichon frise. He never sheds and rarely barks. He is an awesome dog.

I have allllergies to certain dogs. That's why we went with a bichon frise. He never sheds and rarely barks. He is an awesome dog.

I'm allergic to the dander, so I'm SOL regardless. I'm probably gonna get back on weekly allergy treatments once I settle down, etc

I'm allergic to the dander, so I'm SOL regardless. I'm probably gonna get back on weekly allergy treatments once I settle down, etc

Bishons are considered hypoallergenic. I used to be on Claritin year round when we had our bulldog. I was skeptical at first but he truly the first dog that I'm not allergic to.

Bishons are considered hypoallergenic. I used to be on Claritin year round when we had our bulldog. I was skeptical at first but he truly the first dog that I'm not allergic to.

My roommate has a bedlington terrier, which is also supposedly hypoallergenic. Doesn't make any difference. All dogs.

Last edited:
Dang I hate that for you.

It's the worst. I have allergy pills that I take before I know I'm going to be around dogs so that I can fairly safely play with them. Because I love dogs. It doesn't help that the dogs I love most are like goldens...the absolute worst for allergies

the best dogs i have been around are Golden Retrievers and Huskys,I love a husky,but they like to hunt to much and roam,a friend of mine had one and I had a husky half breed,excellent dogs,but they would drag in dead ground hogs and uuuh an occasional goat,when they were together and mine ran a Mercedes into a tree,why the driver choose that over running over the dog I have no Idea,needless to say ole Kayak got put on a short chain after that

and he was bad to drill the neighbors dog in the butt,when he would get inside the chain,with all the neighbors kids screaming and crying,what fun he was lol

I did get him into an electric fence after all that,he was the best dog I ever had though

I've been around some exceptionally smart Golden Retrievers ,my friend had one that knew how to lift the latch on his his gate and would go and steal a cucumber from the side of the garden,he knew not to walk in the garden and then would run back inside his fence and then set the latch back in place, and you could say truck or van and he would go to the right vehicle

another friend had a ***** Golden and she figured out how to flip Frisbee's around till she could fit 5 in her mouth and bring em back to you and would be ready to go again,she was relentless in her pursuit of Frisbee's,she did bring back a lot of extra Frisbee's though :)

of course that is just working with a dog,get one that suites what you want and how active you want them to be,gotta watch out for the hound dogs,they love to be on the hunt and you never know what they will be hunting

another friends of mines Husky went and killed a bunch of fighting cocks and that cost him around 1500 bucks for that chicken dinner

Reactions: 1 person
It's the worst. I have allergy pills that I take before I know I'm going to be around dogs so that I can fairly safely play with them. Because I love dogs. It doesn't help that the dogs I love most are like goldens...the absolute worst for allergies

Go to an allergist and get set up for shots. Helped me a lot with various allergies, including cats. Takes some time but eventually you get results.

the best dogs i have been around are Golden Retrievers and Huskys,I love a husky,but they like to hunt to much and roam,a friend of mine had one and I had a husky half breed,excellent dogs,but they would drag in dead ground hogs and uuuh an occasional goat,when they were together and mine ran a Mercedes into a tree,why the driver choose that over running over the dog I have no Idea,needless to say ole Kayak got put on a short chain after that

and he was bad to drill the neighbors dog in the butt,when he would get inside the chain,with all the neighbors kids screaming and crying,what fun he was lol

I did get him into an electric fence after all that,he was the best dog I ever had though

I've been around some exceptionally smart Golden Retrievers ,my friend had one that knew how to lift the latch on his his gate and would go and steal a cucumber from the side of the garden,he knew not to walk in the garden and then would run back inside his fence and then set the latch back in place, and you could say truck or van and he would go to the right vehicle

another friend had a ***** Golden and she figured out how to flip Frisbee's around till she could fit 5 in her mouth and bring em back to you and would be ready to go again,she was relentless in her pursuit of Frisbee's,she did bring back a lot of extra Frisbee's though :)

of course that is just working with a dog,get one that suites what you want and how active you want them to be,gotta watch out for the hound dogs,they love to be on the hunt and you never know what they will be hunting

another friends of mines Husky went and killed a bunch of fighting cocks and that cost him around 1500 bucks for that chicken dinner

Hit the nail on the head with huskies. They are fond of killing things and running... Running... And running some more. Buy their personalities are some of the the funniest around.

ole Kayak was the best dog,I ever had,he would lay in the living room and bark once and look at me and then lay back down,then somebody would be at the front door,not bad for a laid back watch dog

I actually seen a couple of time he was ready to bite somebody,I was later told he was a wise dog and that i didn't want them people around at all,that was just 3 times and all 3 were nothing but trouble,which I found out later

even people that didn't like dogs liked him,so that says a lot about a husky,the hunting is a big problem with em,if I ever get a fenced in yard,i will have a Husky again,that and I should of had him deballed young,by the time he got that done,he had mmmm problems all ready built in ,i guess :)

neutering a dog young is a must too,unless your wanting to breed some pups and look in the pound first,I looked a couple of years ago and there were some really good dogs there,some were all ready house broke and I was looking at older more laided back dogs and seen quite a few good ones,but I didn't get one

I should have picked up one,like others have said,a pound puppy will appreciate you,more than most dogs

and if your going to pick a pup from a litter,don't go with the old saying find the one that is roaming away from the others,get the one that you can hold down and is submissive,especially pinned to the ground,you want one that will lay there and not be trying to fight and bite you,they will be easier to train

by pinned,I mean roll it on it's back and hold it still

Kayak did pick me,i was going to get one of his sisters,she did look like the pure blood that there mom was,but he wouldn't leave me alone :)

and I do think that a female will stay closer to home,better than a male will,unless it is a hunting dog

I have a Boxer mix rescue... probably some Pit and Lab in her genes. She is the most awesome dog -- affectionate, active, well-behaved, and sounds and acts like a guard dog if needed.

I like a mixed dog as well as a full bloodied one myself,if you go the pound puppy route,you will find one that has most of the breed you want in it too and will most likely appreciate you giving them a home

I like a mixed dog as well as a full bloodied one myself,if you go the pound puppy route,you will find one that has most of the breed you want in it too and will most likely appreciate you giving them a home

This x 1000. I swear my girl reminds me every day that she is thankful I brought her home.

I need to start cruising the pounds again and get a fine ass dog,they are great company and I'm out in the sticks

i just need one to lazy to go out chicken hunting :)

Adopt a goofy looking mutt. Or a pure rescue. Just adopt.

My sister in law dropped 2k on a King Charles for her daughter. The thing is a mess and is loaded up with health problems. I begged and begged her to adopt, and to involve her daughter in the process so she could learn and have that bond of 'saving' a dog. She said she didn't trust "dogs like that" whatever that means.

Meanwhile, my schnauzery-type genetic grab bag trots happily along at 12 years old. Aside from having a mild obsession with peanut butter, he's perfectly fine.

I've never understood paying big bucks for a dog,unless you were looking to show em or breed em

my sister did pretty good with breeding some little dogs,I forget what kind they were,the little yappers kind lol I hated them dogs,from my other post,I gather ya'll know I don't like little dogs :)

VN Store

Back