Finebaum: For TN A Bowl Game Would Be Impressive

My 'expectations' are 9-3...with a Bowl win. 10-3 finish.

6-6, with a bowl game ain't nowhere near Pruitt's REALM of 'expectations', aighT.

Can't wait, we'll see.

why does everyone think UT will lose to Georgie? Vols beat them in 2015 and 2016 and they lose 31 seniors plus anyone else who goes to the draft. Yes they have a good freshman class but thise are freshman. Also I remember in Kiffins 1st year the vols nearly upset florida and bama. Florida has a new coach too. I'm not saying I'm optimistic, but I think the re it's could just as easily be 9-3 as it could be 5-7.

Reactions: 3 people
U'ins aint gonnur beat the Eerrsss....Sory bout that

0-1 start and Orange Sheep go crazy...

gfiCeK9.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Here is how I look at the schedule:

Three for sure losses
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia

Five definite wins
ETSU
Charlotte
UK
Vandy
UTEP

Four toss up games
WVIR
Fla
Mizzou
SCar

My thinking is that a 6-7 win season is the target and should be viewed as a successful first season. Eight or more regular season wins is an overachievement and portends to very good things in the future. A 5 win season would be a major disappointment.
Please explain how Kentucky and Vandy are definite wins?

I’m confused why people think Florida is going to take giant leaps but we won’t. Not to mention we play them at home.

It COULD be because FL just hired the winningest HC in MS St history with a decade of experience, and we just hired someone who's never been a HC before.

Reactions: 2 people
I see 8-9 wins. They were much better talent-wise than 4-8 last year just very poorly coached starting when Butch hired Larry Scott as OC. The poor coaching had an effect way before the season started. I’d say they may surprise and you can chalk Missouri as a win with Dooley as OC...

U'ins aint gonnur beat the Eerrsss....Sory bout that

0-1 start and Orange Sheep go crazy...

gfiCeK9.jpg

Not so fast :nono:

We'll see what Pruitt's D has for the Mtn*****z O.
I'd be concerned, if I were Dana, very concerned actually.

i think that's an overreaction to the 4-8 record we posted.

this team is better than that. how much better, depends likely on how well everything gels with the "new" roster, how impactful this class can be to certain positions of need (depth or otherwise)....they're recruiting players for this class that will probably be expected to contribute at OL, DL, LB, CB and to a lesser extent, WR...

and it will depend on whether or not this staff and roster have the necessary chemistry required to win close games they find themselves in, and/or find a way to win a game (or two) they maybe are viewed as not supposed to win when those opportunities arise.

so, situational football will determine success/failure in some cases, and to succeed there, everyone really needs to understand the situation, and be on the same page....chemistry in those situations will be important. and they'll have opportunities to take advantage of those situations.

i see anywhere from 6-8 wins, depending on how we do with that.

I’m confused why people think Florida is going to take giant leaps but we won’t. Not to mention we play them at home.

I totally agree. If you think our program had malcontents and guys more interested in partying than playing college football as well as being soft, the gators have this X least a factor of 2. It will take Mullen most of next season to get that cleared out down there IMO.

Please explain how Kentucky and Vandy are definite wins?

Vandy returns 10 starters from a sh*tty 5-7 team. That’s a pretty good start. Kentucky returns a decent amount of starters, but from a team that seriously underachieved last season. Butch owned Mark Stoops, Butch Jones. Three out their four meetings were blowouts. I mean hell last season UT outplayed the best team that Stoops has had, in Lexington, and would have won if they hadn’t thrown up all over themselves.

Here is how I look at the schedule:

Three for sure losses
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia

Five definite wins
ETSU
Charlotte
UK
Vandy
UTEP

Four toss up games
WVIR
Fla
Mizzou
SCar

My thinking is that a 6-7 win season is the target and should be viewed as a successful first season. Eight or more regular season wins is an overachievement and portends to very good things in the future. A 5 win season would be a major disappointment.

I agree with all of this except for vandy. I think you've got to put them in the toss up category.

Not so fast :nono:

We'll see what Pruitt's D has for the Mtn*****z O.
I'd be concerned, if I were Dana, very concerned actually.

LOL........you may be right, butt here is something I can tell you that will happen for SURE>>>>

IF UT wins.......Orange Sheep will be predicting and 9-10 Ws, a trip to SEC and CJP was the greatest hire in the land.

IF UT loses, after ONE game Orange Sheep will be groaning and complaining CJP is the worst. God why didn't they get Leach.....yada yada yada.

Either way, ya gotta love it!!
6Cf0ZpV.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
I'm guessing because Florida's season from the get-go was hampered by the suspension of ten players. Couldn't that have a devastating effect on their season? Now the slate is clean (just guessing) they should be starting at full strength.

Our injuries = their suspensions. We will beat Florida next year, should have last year and 3 years ago and 4 years ago. Butch blew 3 out of 4 (year one we weren't going to win).

I totally agree. If you think our program had malcontents and guys more interested in partying than playing college football as well as being soft, the gators have this X least a factor of 2. It will take Mullen most of next season to get that cleared out down there IMO.

2 of 10 suspended players have left the program. 8 accepted pre-trial diversion,( i think), still not back on team. That can screw a scholly situation up,IMO.

Our injuries = their suspensions. We will beat Florida next year, should have last year and 3 years ago and 4 years ago. Butch blew 3 out of 4 (year one we weren't going to win).

I'm not even sure he didn't screw up Year 1 game against UF. Remember starting Peterman in the swamp and then asking him to continue passing??

VN Store

Back