Finally...someone is publicly speaking out

No ,it's not a loaded 'ROSTER'.Do you mind going throught the rest of the available players? Not much to work with.
If you think Tennessee is loaded then somebody forgot to give bullets to the rest of the roster.
And two of the five you mention can't SHOOT straight even if the pistol was struck up the monkey's butt.
No sir! Holly's guns wasn't loaded they was shooting blanks.
Haven't hit the target yet, that's why they're home on the range.
Maybe with the up and coming guns she'll hit the mark.
Hi ho silver.

Starting lineup next season .... #1, #2, #3, #6, #10 nationally.... exactly WHICH SCHOOL would you want to trade rosters with? Our stariing roster is not the weak link on our team.

Reactions: 1 person
Starting lineup next season .... #1, #2, #3, #6, #10 nationally.... exactly WHICH SCHOOL would you want to trade rosters with? Our stariing roster is not the weak link on our team.

The article was speaking bout this year being 'loaded'. And I wouldn't trade next season lineup with uconn or sc. Or coaches.

Reactions: 2 people
The best thing Warlick could do to help the program and her career is convince Currie to pony up enough money to lure away a top-flight assistant who can produce consistent offensive execution. Staley gets a former SEC head coach as assistant. Why can't we at least get an up-and-coming younger head coach (such as Drake's coach) or a potential HC (Hammon) who could be groomed to take the head job when Warlick retires?

Look, it's not a fluke when your team beats three of the Final Four teams in one season. But that just demonstrates the potential and talent. It's also not a fluke when you lose to unranked cellar-dwellers and have early exits in the SEC and NCAA tournaments. SC won a national championship without Coates, so injuries are not an excuse. And "short bench" isn't an excuse, either, especially when that's a result of an unprecedented recruiting shutout. That's on Warlick.

Holly was a great assistant, but she has yet to demonstrate that she has the tools to be a solid HC. She's not shown that she can excel in motivating players, developing talent, communicating well (if her pressers and locker room talks are any indication), substitution patterns, instilling consistent offense, or any number of essential HC qualities.

If recruits are coming to play for Holly and not to play for a legendary program with great facilities, fan base, and history, I'd like to hear what they are seeing in her that inspires them so much that many of us are missing. :hmm:

Reactions: 3 people
Just out of curiosity, does anybody know of any promising men's team assistants who would be willing to make the jump to women's basketball? $ would likely be the issue at UT considering what Holly gets paid, but just wondering if there is some younger assistant out there who might see the UT job as an opportunity to possibly take over a national power in the women's game.

Or would that be considered too much of a step down for most men's coaches and work against their HC ambitions in the men's game?

Yes, the UT way of pushing coaches out the door the last 10-20 years has produced so much success, hasn't it?

As I said, let's see what the incoming class does before we rush into the unknown.

The only reason why I see your point on letting her have a year or two to right the ship, Is because football and basketball are the main priorities not women's basketball.
However, I disagree with you on having elite or letting and the incoming class come. Anybody can win with elite talent. Its what you do with talent that's not so good and win with them. This applies to all coaching. When your team over achieves. That is what impresses me with a coach not the other way around.

This is not a professional roster built by a GM. This is a collegiate roster built by the HC. Judging a coach by artificially breaking recruiting away from the record is an error.

The college head coach gets credit for the best players in America. It matters not how the HC gets its W-L record. Whether by coaching up scrubs or underperforming w stars ... the end results are ALL that matters.

Holly gets full credit for stacking our roster. What she does with that roster is the answer to the debate.

For the record, it's also not up to us to produce a verdict on whether a coach should be let go. Just sayin.

So we should keep an underachieving coach because posters on a message board can't name someone who might or might not be interested in coming here? Brilliant! For the record its not up to us to produce the names of outstanding coaches who are interested in a job here. We pay high priced admins for that. And I promise you they could fill this job in an afternoon.

You haven't even memorized the names of OUR own coaches. Jolene is a song by Dolly Parton. Lol, but I'm sure the rest of your analysis is on point.

It seems as if you don't think the Lady Vols brand is attractive enough anymore. The history of the program and eight national titles is still hanging out there. How do you think Jolene Law was able to get the #1 recruiting class in the country this year? With the exception of a few well established coaches, like Geno, Muffet, Tara, etc., just about anyone else would crawl on their belly to get the job. I haven't memorized the names of all WBB coaches out there but they all would be available if UT job was open.

Either you have a naysayer's mindset or your own agenda. Not sure. But you just ignored the whole picture and spewed negative. Did you hear Gary Blair? Do you even go to games? Do you even know how to spell our coach's name?

At any rate, your opinion is just that. I wish you'd use your powers for good, but that's up to you. We can agree to disagree.

the bottom line is your record and your performance, not having no. 1 picks on an underachieving team. Indeed, the fact that we had two first round picks on the team last year, plus a winger in Nared who's one of the most talented in the country, and yet lost 13 games, got beat by weak SEC teams, had a 5 seed in the SEC tourney and got bounced in the second round is precisely why Warllick needs to be sacked. We had the same trio the year before and had a terrible regular season.

Adjust her game preparation? Who do you think she is--some 32-year-old second-year head-coach? She's been coaching for 35 years or somesuch. She's nearly 60. She's had the head job here for, what, 5 or 6 years. What you see is what you get. Warlick should never have been hired in the first place.

Reactions: 4 people
I know this is complete BS..Not an opinion, since your post is stated as a fact..You might think nobody wanted it but there would have been a large number of applicants if it had been posted as an opening..Talking with quite a few folks after Pat got her tragic diagnosis, I know it is/was seen as an extremely attractive position..But everyone knew Warlick was Pats' successor..But to state "nobody wanted the job" is just not true....

It's apparent from reading this thread that that particular poster has no intentions of answering that ignorant statement. She has used every distraction possible to deflect from the fact that this was a very desired job. Even then.

Some people have minds like concrete ... Thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.

This is not a professional roster built by a GM. This is a collegiate roster built by the HC. Judging a coach by artificially breaking recruiting away from the record is an error.

The college head coach gets credit for the best players in America. It matters not how the HC gets its W-L record. Whether by coaching up scrubs or underperforming w stars ... the end results are ALL that matters.

Holly gets full credit for stacking our roster. What she does with that roster is the answer to the debate.

I understand your point and agree with it.... Perhaps I should be more understanding.... I have always thought that she should do a better job at coalescing her all stars into a team.

Let's not forget that HCs have egos just like players have them. There are probably a dozen quality coaches out there right now that if the money is right, will take on this endeavor because just like they believe they can coach their current teams, they can coach the Lady Vols too!!! Let's not be naïve about that....

Candidates:
Nikki Fargas - former Lady Vol and LSU HC...

Brenda Frese. Yes I said it because they took yet another dump this year in the tourney and have not been back to the chip game when they won it before. And that team was supposed to repeat or get back to the chip game the next year but didn't. I think she is on the "hot-seat" right now.

Jeff Walz. Yes, Mr. Louisville. The right amount of money will do it.

Shea Ralph - If Geno gives her the okay, I think should would be a very good HC.

Quentin Hillsman - it's hard to get players to come cold upstate NY. Here, is much more attractive and he did more with less at Cuse. Plus, I think if the money right....

Let's not forget that HCs have egos just like players have them. There are probably a dozen quality coaches out there right now that if the money is right, will take on this endeavor because just like they believe they can coach their current teams, they can coach the Lady Vols too!!! Let's not be naïve about that....

Candidates:
Nikki Fargas - former Lady Vol and LSU HC...

Brenda Frese. Yes I said it because they took yet another dump this year in the tourney and have not been back to the chip game when they won it before. And that team was supposed to repeat or get back to the chip game the next year but didn't. I think she is on the "hot-seat" right now.

Jeff Walz. Yes, Mr. Louisville. The right amount of money will do it.

Shea Ralph - If Geno gives her the okay, I think should would be a very good HC.

Quentin Hillsman - it's hard to get players to come cold upstate NY. Here, is much more attractive and he did more with less at Cuse. Plus, I think if the money right....

What the hell has Fargas done at LSU?

Little to nothing.

You haven't even memorized the names of OUR own coaches. Jolene is a song by Dolly Parton. Lol, but I'm sure the rest of your analysis is on point.

"Jolene is a song by Dolly Parton." LMAO!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Seriously cannot believe someone referred to J-Law as "Jolene." OMG, can they please have a seat?! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 3 people
It's apparent from reading this thread that that particular poster has no intentions of answering that ignorant statement. She has used every distraction possible to deflect from the fact that this was a very desired job. Even then.

Some people have minds like concrete ... Thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.

Since I'm so ignorant, then who wanted the job? "Every distraction possible?" How's that?

VN Store

Back