Finally...someone is publicly speaking out

I'm not going to stop posting because you don't agree.

Its not that I disagree. Its the ideal you actually think nobody wanted the job when in fact the job was never open. That's what you refuse to acknowledge. Holly was handed this job and she never deserved the job.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm as heartbroken as anyone about the state of the program, but...

"We want a killer elite coach" does not automatically equal "killer elite coaches want to come here." Fans see streets paved with gold; current coaches maybe not so much.

We have tradition and vast potential, but it's still a rebuilding position. Fans need to focus on the hungry, up-and-coming coaches.

It seems as if you don't think the Lady Vols brand is attractive enough anymore. The history of the program and eight national titles is still hanging out there. How do you think Jolene Law was able to get the #1 recruiting class in the country this year? With the exception of a few well established coaches, like Geno, Muffet, Tara, etc., just about anyone else would crawl on their belly to get the job. I haven't memorized the names of all WBB coaches out there but they all would be available if UT job was open.

I do not know.... I remember when Urban Meyer was at Utah and was ready to move on.... the Notre Dame job was open.... and he had once called that his dream job.... yet Florida was a better opportunity for him.... Tenn will always be a good job, but is it the dream job you seem to say it is? I really do not know

Its not that I disagree. Its the ideal you actually think nobody wanted the job when in fact the job was never open. That's what you refuse to acknowledge. Holly was handed this job and she never deserved the job.

Okay. Your opinion that she never deserved the job.

The holocaust that defines the Holly Warlick era is an abortion of mammoth proportions...and the resulting carnage is an eternal, miasmic chasm...a deep abyss of ghastly horrors which will take the heroic efforts of some kind of savior to help climb out of and allow for some semblance of dignity to emerge. The abhorrent freefall of a once proud program is almost strictly due to the malfeasance of the motorcycle riding Ms. Warlick...and it falls helplessly at her malodorous feet.

The stench of the destruction in Holly's path is a vapor trail of failure and loathsome inadequacy.

"We want a killer elite coach" does not automatically equal "killer elite coaches want to come here." Fans see streets paved with gold; current coaches maybe not so much.

We have tradition and vast potential, but it's still a rebuilding position. Fans need to focus on the hungry, up-and-coming coaches.

So instead of at least trying to get a better coach you just stick with Holly, that makes a lot of sense. And I don't know where elite came from how about a very good coach and motivator. Do people really think so little of this program that they don't believe we can't improve and what we got now??? That is the attitude of somebody deafeated and weak minded. With the talent Tennessee attracts a good coach could win here much more than Holly, news flash Holly is a average at the very best head coach. There are plenty that could do MUCH better that dang well would take the job, they may not be ELITE but could run circles around what we got. But hey she is going to get her year and I hope our talent can out talent the rest of the field. GBO!!!!!

There is no doubt that Holly has the heart and desire to make the Lady Vols a final four program, however, that does not mean she has the ability to make it so. In the last five years Holly has had good players but has lacked the ability to consistently move the game forward. A lot of Holly supporters love to call anyone that talks about Holly's short comings negators, however, it is up to Holly to quite such talk. No matter what we want to happen, we have to be realistic. Under Holly the Lady Vols have been inconsistent, players have not played up to their potential, some players have the tendency to take time off while on the floor, the team is not consistently aggressive, players are not being developed as well as they should be, we are clueless when it comes to making in game changes and Holly uses the phrase,"I don't know", far too much. Maybe the answer is for Holly to realize her short coming and a shake up in her staff to make up for her short comings. The new recruiter seems to be working out great. Something has to change.

In the same time Holly has killed our program, Staley and and Schaefer have built programs from nothing.

Reactions: 3 people

It's not a rebuilding job because they still have elite recruits, fan support and top notch facilities. The only thing that needs rebuilding are the results, but if there was a coaching change, the new coach would be walking into a goldmine of riches.

Reactions: 2 people
Nobody wanted the job when they made Holly HC.

I know this is complete BS..Not an opinion, since your post is stated as a fact..You might think nobody wanted it but there would have been a large number of applicants if it had been posted as an opening..Talking with quite a few folks after Pat got her tragic diagnosis, I know it is/was seen as an extremely attractive position..But everyone knew Warlick was Pats' successor..But to state "nobody wanted the job" is just not true....

Reactions: 5 people
We have the number one recruiting class heading into next season. No matter which assistant coach recruited them, they signed to play for Holly. Why rock the boat this season? I've not said Holly is the long term answer, but right now isn't the time for a change. She's the definition of a VFL, and she deserves one more season to see if this class could possibly right the ship. If we fall flat on our face next season, then I can see a change being completely justified, but right at this moment, it would be another of a long line of mistakes by our admin.

I've been wanting CHW replaced for a while now, but, I do believe that doing it now would be catastrophic. I think the decision to let her go has been made, it just won't happen until after next season. Of course, if we win the sec and/or make a final 4 run, then maybe she saves her job for a while longer. If we do about the same as this year, then I would expect to see a new hc to start the 2018 season. Let's face it, she is here for now. Get behind her and the team. I would love for her to redeem herself. She is a vfl after all. Win or go home though, that's the name of the game next year.

Reactions: 3 people
Rebuilding? With the #1 recruiting class on deck, two projected first round WNBA draft picks returning for their last year and elite talent two-deep, the LVs are plug-and-play. Add in facilities, fanbase, history and prestige, and few WBB programs can match what UT offers. Holly is here for now, but she should be able to surround herself with top quality assistants to address some of this year's issues.

Rebuilding? With the #1 recruiting class on deck, two projected first round WNBA draft picks returning for their last year and elite talent two-deep, the LVs are plug-and-play. Add in facilities, fanbase, history and prestige, and few WBB programs can match what UT offers. Holly is here for now, but she should be able to surround herself with top quality assistants to address some of this year's issues.

This year's issues? There have been issues ever since Warlick was named head coach. The fact is she sucks and she's killing this program. Fire her now and start the process over before it gets even worse. Those of you with the #1 recruiting class b.s. still can't see what's in front of you, a coach who has no clue what's she's doing. You could give her a team of all time wbb greats and she wouldn't know what to do with them. A pathetic excuse for a coach and should never have been handed the keys to the program. It'll be one of the greatest days in UT history when she's finally shown the door. Too bad it can't be sooner rather than later.

With the top quality class she is bringing in, she deserves another year to make it work, but with the talent she will have I think they need to make it to the SEC Championship game and at least the Elite Eight next year.

Yes, Holly is killing the program with her #1 recruiting class and two projected #1 picks (one likely being the first pick) opting to stay for their redshirt senior seasons.
People need to think this through. Yes, the team had a subpar year this season and last year was largely disappointing, though salvaged by a NCAA run to the regional final.

But, only last week, some of the negavol projections that drew a lot of support were that both Diamond and Mercedes would leave, that Nared would transfer (????) and that the recruiting class would renege on their commitments. None of that happened and it is worth noting that Diamond and Mercedes want to play another year under Holly.

She needs to make some changes in her game preparation no doubt but she is far from having destroyed the program. And let's not forget about the high number of wins against 10 top and top 5 opponents. And yes, then the LVs go and lose against Alabama so the inconsistency was a major problem.

But next year, the team will have a lot more depth and a lot more options in terms of how they respond to specific match up challenges.

As a post noted up thread, Holly is here for the next year at least; it is time to rally a bit and get excited about the potential for next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Yes, Holly is killing the program with her #1 recruiting class and two projected #1 picks (one likely being the first pick) opting to stay for their redshirt senior seasons.
People need to think this through. Yes, the team had a subpar year this season and last year was largely disappointing, though salvaged by a NCAA run to the regional final.

But, only last week, some of the negavol projections that drew a lot of suppoer were that both Diamond and Mercedes would leave, that Nared would transfer (????) and that the recruiting class would renege on their commitments. None of that happened and it is worth noting that Diamond and Mercedes want to play another year under Holly.

She needs to make some changes in her game preparation no doubt but she is far from having destroyed the program and let's not forget about the high number of wins against 10 top and top 5 opponents. And yes, then the LVs go and lose against Alabama so the inconsistency was a major problem.

But next year, the team will have a lot more depth and a lot more options in terms of how they respond to specific match up challenges.

As a post noted up thread, Holly is here for the next year at least; it is time to rally a bit and get about the potential for next year.

Yep.... I don't think our fans have a clue how good of a coach she is or how well she is liked.... all they know is she didn't win enough to suit them.

Reactions: 9 people
This year's issues? There have been issues ever since Warlick was named head coach. The fact is she sucks and she's killing this program. Fire her now and start the process over before it gets even worse. Those of you with the #1 recruiting class b.s. still can't see what's in front of you, a coach who has no clue what's she's doing. You could give her a team of all time wbb greats and she wouldn't know what to do with them. A pathetic excuse for a coach and should never have been handed the keys to the program. It'll be one of the greatest days in UT history when she's finally shown the door. Too bad it can't be sooner rather than later.

You can rant and rave and piss and moan and complain and be outraged all you want, but a new bottom-line AD and those pesky multi-million dollar buyouts mean all of UT's underachieving coaches who are under multi-year contracts will return next year. Being logical isn't advocating poor coaching-- just like complaining isn't a strategy.

Such a ridiculous argument.

It seems she'll be here another year regardless. You're wasting your time trying to get people to agree she should be here another year, especially if your argument is nothing more than "nobody else wants to come here so we should keep her."

Discussion will be the same next spring. Nothing resembling an offense from this and prior staff for a decade.

Personally, I like watching good basketball and I don't care that much anymore what teams produce it - smart players that move without the ball, penetrate, pass off, pick and roll, layups. UConn, ND (who made us look silly about 4 years ago), couple others do it - we don't. If we can't out-athlete people, if we depend on strategy and an actual offense, no chance when it comes to consistently beating strong programs.

Give her as many "one more year"s and top recruiting classes as you like, but nothing we've seen over a period of plenty of years suggests the result will be any different.

Kinda sad. She deserves to be remembered very positively as a player - not for taking the program in the ditch.

OT(mostly) & FWIW, this is precisely the reason Peyton Manning should never step foot on this campus as a coach. Unless he cannot live life without doing so.

But, only last week, some of the negavol projections that drew a lot of support were that both Diamond and Mercedes would leave, that Nared would transfer (????) and that the recruiting class would renege on their commitments. None of that happened and it is worth noting that Diamond and Mercedes want to play another year under Holly.

She needs to make some changes in her game preparation no doubt but she is far from having destroyed the program. And let's not forget about the high number of wins against 10 top and top 5 opponents. And yes, then the LVs go and lose against Alabama so the inconsistency was a major problem.

As a post noted up thread, Holly is here for the next year at least; it is time to rally a bit and get excited about the potential for next year.

the bottom line is your record and your performance, not having no. 1 picks on an underachieving team. Indeed, the fact that we had two first round picks on the team last year, plus a winger in Nared who's one of the most talented in the country, and yet lost 13 games, got beat by weak SEC teams, had a 5 seed in the SEC tourney and got bounced in the second round is precisely why Warllick needs to be sacked. We had the same trio the year before and had a terrible regular season.

Adjust her game preparation? Who do you think she is--some 32-year-old second-year head-coach? She's been coaching for 35 years or somesuch. She's nearly 60. She's had the head job here for, what, 5 or 6 years. What you see is what you get. Warlick should never have been hired in the first place.

Reactions: 4 people
Three top 10 recruits and two additional top 30 recruits is not a loaded roster? You might want to check UConn's roster if you don't consider this "elite". Tennessee had a more talented team by the numbers.

I don't bother with the "Fire Holly" stuff because I know it's not going to happen, but I'm not going to accept revisionist history either. Two years in row she had as talented a roster as any team in the country, and two years in a row she led them to double-digit losses and mediocre seasons.
No ,it's not a loaded 'ROSTER'.Do you mind going throught the rest of the available players? Not much to work with.
If you think Tennessee is loaded then somebody forgot to give bullets to the rest of the roster.
And two of the five you mention can't SHOOT straight even if the pistol was struck up the monkey's butt.
No sir! Holly's guns wasn't loaded they was shooting blanks.
Haven't hit the target yet, that's why they're home on the range.
Maybe with the up and coming bullets she'll hit the mark.
Hi ho silver.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back