Final Fantasy XV (PS4, X1, PC)

How's it going GBO?

Chapter 13 now. This chapter sucks, but I like the game well enough so far. I'd rank it with the middle of the pack in the series somewhere so far. The updates have helped it a ton. The off-road Regalia and added mission branch in chapter 13 have made those parts much more enjoyable.

Chapter 13 now. This chapter sucks, but I like the game well enough so far. I'd rank it with the middle of the pack in the series somewhere so far. The updates have helped it a ton. The off-road Regalia and added mission branch in chapter 13 have made those parts much more enjoyable.

Yeah the whole ending was pretty meh.

I'm going to pick up FFXII Remastered this week. Pretty excited about it. Reviews are phenomenal.

Yeah the whole ending was pretty meh.

I'm going to pick up FFXII Remastered this week. Pretty excited about it. Reviews are phenomenal.

I beat it. Now I'm cleaning up some of the achievements and leveling up to fight the Adamantoise. I'd rank it in my Tier 2 Final Fantasies, I think.

Tier 1
7, 6, 9, 4, 5, 12

Tier 2
10, 15, 8, 3, 1

Tier 3
13, 2

Things I liked

- your buddies and the camaraderie built. That picture part at the end :(
- it's a beautiful game
- all of the soundtracks from the series
- nostalgic enemies (Midgar snake, mastadon thing from 5, Demon Wall, etc.)
- combat (when it worked properly)
- the story was surprisingly good, especially if you watched the movie first. One of the sadder tales.
- off road Regalia
- customization of Regalia
- riding Chocobos
- the main bad guy
- the ending
- boss fights
- the size and scope of the summoned gods is unlike anything I've ever seen. I don't go "Whoa" too often playing a video game
- Cindy ;) except her very bad southern dialect
- the food mechanic was a neat idea for stat boosts and XP bonuses
- I love fishing in games
- leveling up returns after being absent in FF13
- pictures

Things I didn't like

- the mostly empty open world with way too many invisible walls
- driving the Regalia
- flying the Regalia
- f'ing landing the flying Regalia
- no Moogles :(
- Ignis *****ing about night driving
- the enemies that block your night driving
- disjointed story telling. Too much happens off camera or in the movie. Unexplained motives for some characters.
- the combat while in a forest or cave
- the magic system
- chapter 13
- the worst fast travel mechanics I've experienced in a modern open world game
- loading screens...my god the loading screens
- some lame fetch quests, but that's par for the course in open world
- no option to wait until night time
- the stat upgrades were underwhelming compared to the past

Last edited:
I beat it. Now I'm cleaning up some of the achievements and leveling up to fight the Adamantoise. I'd rank it in my Tier 2 Final Fantasies, I think.

Tier 1
7, 6, 9, 4, 5, 12

Tier 2
10, 15, 8, 3, 1

Tier 3
13, 2

Things I liked

- your buddies and the camaraderie built. That picture part at the end :(
- it's a beautiful game
- all of the soundtracks from the series
- nostalgic enemies (Midgar snake, mastadon thing from 5, Demon Wall, etc.)
- combat (when it worked properly)
- the story was surprisingly good, especially if you watched the movie first. One of the sadder tales.
- off road Regalia
- customization of Regalia
- riding Chocobos
- the main bad guy
- the ending
- boss fights
- the size and scope of the summoned gods is unlike anything I've ever seen. I don't go "Whoa" too often playing a video game
- Cindy ;) except her very bad southern dialect
- the food mechanic was a neat idea for stat boosts and XP bonuses
- I love fishing in games
- leveling up returns after being absent in FF13
- pictures

Things I didn't like

- the mostly empty open world with way too many invisible walls
- driving the Regalia
- flying the Regalia
- f'ing landing the flying Regalia
- no Moogles :(
- Ignis *****ing about night driving
- the enemies that block your night driving
- disjointed story telling. Too much happens off camera or in the movie. Unexplained motives for some characters.
- the combat while in a forest or cave
- the magic system
- chapter 13
- the worst fast travel mechanics I've experienced in a modern open world game
- loading screens...my god the loading screens
- some lame fetch quests, but that's par for the course in open world
- no option to wait until night time
- the stat upgrades were underwhelming compared to the past

Pretty solid list. Mine would be almost identical. I'm glad you appreciated the nostalgia aspects.

I was so excited when I got the flying Regalia..... that was among the most disappointing aspects of the game. I agree the summons looked beautiful, but whoever decided the "You can't pick when/where/which summon you use" system should have been overruled.

Last edited:
Pretty solid list. Mine would be almost identical. I'm glad you appreciated the nostalgia aspects.

I was so excited when I got the flying Regalia..... that was among the most disappointing aspects of the game. I agree the summons looked beautiful, but whoever decided the "You can't pick when/where/which summon you use" system should have been overruled.

Yeah, I don't know how the SNES airships could fly over mountains, but the Regalia couldn't fly over a deep canyon. They definitely just tacked that on, and I blew up like 5 times trying to land it at the secret dungeon (which is 100x harder than Sen's Fortress in Dark Souls ever thought of being, if you know what I mean).

Yeah, I wish I could have summoned them whenever, even if it meant they didn't hit as hard. Did you notice Bahamut is a dude in dragon armor?

Also, they really missed a great opportunity to put Gilgamesh as the final boss in the Royal Weapons quests.

Playing the DLC now and it tells where Gladiolus went to when he left the party and the other one tells Prompto's back story.

Playing the DLC now and it tells where Gladiolus went to when he left the party and the other one tells Prompto's back story.

Yeah I thought about pursuing the DLC's but traded FFXV towards XII Remastered instead.

I shall report back, but early reviews look incredible

VN Store

Back