FIFA Women's World Cup

63302049.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Honest question, are jokes about war fair game? I know i wouldn't like it if the Civil War was brought up every time Penn St beat Tennessee.

We leveled whole cities full of civilians in Japan. Whether it was justified or not, I don't think it's very human to rub their face in it.

Honest question, are jokes about war fair game? I know i wouldn't like it if the Civil War was brought up every time Penn St beat Tennessee.

We leveled whole cities full of civilians in Japan. Whether it was justified or not, I don't think it's very human to rub their face in it.

Yes.... 70 years is past the "too soon" line.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes.... 70 years is past the "too soon" line.

I mean, if you are stand-up comic, go for it, but if you are a fan taunting your opponent, seems a little classless.

That's just me. If I'm in the minority, I'll shut up about it.

Seems you are missing the point Huff. Just enjoy the win, what happened 70 years ago is done. USA won that, and they won yesterday.

I mean, if you are stand-up comic, go for it, but if you are a fan taunting your opponent, seems a little classless.

That's just me. If I'm in the minority, I'll shut up about it.

Ill say this, it's kinda bizarre how Japan surprised us four years ago and snuck a won and then a few year later they get demolished by us.

On a serious note, my wife was against me posting "Japan hasn't seen this much of an offensive explosion since '45" on Facebook and she was 100% in the right. Its pretty insensitive to the innocent people that parrished. Although, it's part of war and it was an enemy their stupid government brought in. I don't know. I can see either way.

I can see how people think it's not a big deal and fair game, especially here where people probably assume there are no Japanese Americans readers.

I can see how people think it's not a big deal and fair game, especially here where people probably assume there are no Japanese Americans readers.

It shouldn't be a big deal on VN. I don't think anyone would taunt or tease Japanese people about it. I don't think they would do the same to US people about Pearl Harbor. It's history, we've learned from it and it's been 70 years now. I completely understand if someone made a joke or laughed in a more formal situation, but this is VN.

I honestly think too many people get offended by too much stuff.....

Reactions: 3 people
Ill say this, it's kinda bizarre how Japan surprised us four years ago and snuck a won and then a few year later they get demolished by us.

On a serious note, my wife was against me posting "Japan hasn't seen this much of an offensive explosion since '45" on Facebook and she was 100% in the right. Its pretty insensitive to the innocent people that parrished. Although, it's part of war and it was an enemy their stupid government brought in. I don't know. I can see either way.

Hahaha. That's good.

The one I came up with was "so did the game on Fox start yet? All I'm getting is a bombing of Japan."

Reactions: 2 people
I am not offended, nor have I been talking about it from the perspective of its debatably offensive nature. It was more a conversation about class.

You can obviously see why I was confused when in another thread there was a discussion about having sex with a toaster that you were involved in.

Reactions: 3 people
lulz

In fairness, I actually wasn't the one who took the convo there. I was just watching Ex Machina and someone else took it there.

VN Store

Back