FIFA Women's World Cup

Mad props to Ellis for making the change. Was not expecting her to and wasn't expecting this win.

Now, which would be more fun. Japan or England?

I've watched all the our games in this tournament so far. They are peaking at the right time. Looking forward to Sunday, we have a great shot to beat either of those teams.

The U.S. became the first country to reach four Women's World Cup finals and will face the winner of today's match between Japan and England on Sunday for the title. According to FiveThirtyEight's WSPI, the U.S. has a 76% chance of defeating England and a 66% chance of beating Japan

I've watched all the our games in this tournament so far. They are peaking at the right time. Looking forward to Sunday, we have a great shot to beat either of those teams.

Last night's performance was their best so far. The change in the formation last night really seemed to help. I can only say a few things about last night that I didn't like. I think they should have gotten Abby in the game a little earlier than they did. I understand that Abby is getting older and that her legs probably aren't what they used to be but I think she could have come in the game a little earlier to help out.

I am excited to see them play Sunday.

Last night's performance was their best so far. The change in the formation last night really seemed to help. I can only say a few things about last night that I didn't like. I think they should have gotten Abby in the game a little earlier than they did. I understand that Abby is getting older and that her legs probably aren't what they used to be but I think she could have come in the game a little earlier to help out.

I am excited to see them play Sunday.

Surprised the Germans didn't adjust. The missed penalty was the killer for them. Had to wish my German family counterparts a hearty howdy today.

Ellis made a great adjustment that I suggested myself. If she's playing the same stuff she was a week ago, this team gets drilled today. She showed no awareness of making such changes before today.

Fantastic win today. Didn't see it coming at all. I stand corrected.

I was surprised to see her make the change. It seemed everyone could see they needed a change for the offensive side of the ball but her.

I do have to say though if they didn't make the change I don't think they would have gotten drilled. I think the game would have been much closer. Our defense is just too good to say they would get drilled.

Surprised the Germans didn't adjust. The missed penalty was the killer for them. Had to wish my German family counterparts a hearty howdy today.

Very surprised they didn't make a sub at half to help on the offensive side of the ball. It looked like their striker that came off the bench late in the game was still hurt and may have been a reason for not making the change earlier.

The missed PK seemed to really crush their spirit

👣⚽️🇺🇸🇬🇧🇯🇵

Last edited:
So apparently England lost on an OG in stoppage time? Ouch.

I guess no one watches the non US games? It was absolutely brutal. England played the better game and had the better chances and were 2 minutes away from extra time. Japan played a fairly good ball into the box and the English defender slid in to try and deflect the ball wide right and over the end line. Instead she deflected it into the crossbar and then it ricocheted down over the line.

I guess no one watches the non US games? It was absolutely brutal. England played the better game and had the better chances and were 2 minutes away from extra time. Japan played a fairly good ball into the box and the English defender slid in to try and deflect the ball wide right and over the end line. Instead she deflected it into the crossbar and then it ricocheted down over the line.

Brutal way to lose a match. England probably deserved to win that match.

If Japan plays like they did against England and the US plays like they did against Germany then the US should win.

Brutal way to lose a match. England probably deserved to win that match.

If Japan plays like they did against England and the US plays like they did against Germany then the US should win.

Reminded me a lot of the Final in 2011. Where US scored two good goals (Morgan on a long ball, and I think a header from Wambach). Meanwhile Japan scored from a terrible clearance attempt by a US defender and that weird glancing shot on a corner.

I believe that we will kick some Japanese ass tonight. We do have to finish better.

VN Store

Back