FIFA Women's World Cup

We beat a pack of chihuahuas. They may not have been rabid, but they like nipping at your heels. Should have been about 4-nil. The girls need to learn how to finish. You don't get past Germany if you can't.

I'm not *****ing. Im stating the team is pretty awful to watch. Stating facts. Don't expect them to make the final. Will get smoked in the semis if they get past China. Big if with Rapinoe out

So, your opinion that they are "pretty awful to watch" is fact? Are you expecting 8-0 in every elimination round of the highest women's soccer competition in the world?

Try enjoying the World Cup. It's rare, and we have a decent shot. Misery isn't a requirement in sports.

So, your opinion that they are "pretty awful to watch" is fact? Are you expecting 8-0 in every elimination round of the highest women's soccer competition in the world?

Try enjoying the World Cup. It's rare, and we have a decent shot. Misery isn't a requirement in sports.

If you enjoy watching this team play, you must enjoy misery.

Reactions: 1 person
I think a Brian, Holliday, Lloyd midfield with a Rapinoe, Press, Morgan attack would be perfect for this game.

Ellis seems pretty incompetent though, so I doubt that happens

I think a Brian, Holliday, Lloyd midfield with a Rapinoe, Press, Morgan attack would be perfect for this game.

Ellis seems pretty incompetent though, so I doubt that happens

I couldn't agree more. Ellis seems very adamant that she wants one style of play and that she doesn't care for any input.

If Abby starts, we will not win. Pia was right in her comments, she needs to be the best damn sub we have. If Germany has a weakness it is in their back 4. Rodriguez and Morgan have the speed to attack. I really want to see the 433 and with high pressure again.

Reactions: 1 person
I couldn't agree more. Ellis seems very adamant that she wants one style of play and that she doesn't care for any input.

Except she plays a different pairing up front every game. Heath and Wambach can't start. Just can't keep doing that this far into the tournament

Good first half, but again, just didn't capitalize. Could easily be 2-0, and Germany hasn't really had any solid opportunities to score. Glad both girls are okay after that head-to-head.

Got the lineup I wanted with the three woman midfield. And I think it's been pretty damn effective so far.

VN Store

Back