Feb. 18th trade deadline

Turner is a little different. If the Pacers were offered Okafor for Turner right now, they may actually say no.

I only would because the Pacers originally planned to go small so down the line, even though he's still bigger, at he can shoot to spread the floor. Larry Bird claimed he was the best shooter on the team which to me seems hard to believe. Plus, I already like him as a fan so that would also be hard to trade him given that I'm not sure how much of an upgrade it would be and given the Pacers blueprint going forward. I saw it's trending off to the side of FB and 76ers fans are upset and bummed over the idea of trading him. They're saying it's MCW all over again lol.

Winslow's gotta start hitting the 3 ball. He's pretty much useless on offense until he does.

Report: Rockets' Howard and Harden 'maneuvered' to have the other traded - CBSSports.com

:flush:

Adrian Wojnarowski Verified account
‏@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: Atlanta's expressing its intentions to rivals that Hawks plan to keep team intact at deadline, holding onto Horford and key guards

Chris Mannix
✔
@ChrisMannixYS

Teams monitoring Atlanta have started to hear: Jeff Teague is off the table. Hawks never been all in on moving their starting point guard.

Adrian Wojnarowski
✔
@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: Rockets, Jazz had casual talks on Ty Lawson, but those ended. Both teams moved on. Another thing: Rockets won't buy out Lawson.

Last edited:
I only would because the Pacers originally planned to go small so down the line, even though he's still bigger, at he can shoot to spread the floor. Larry Bird claimed he was the best shooter on the team which to me seems hard to believe. Plus, I already like him as a fan so that would also be hard to trade him given that I'm not sure how much of an upgrade it would be and given the Pacers blueprint going forward. I saw it's trending off to the side of FB and 76ers fans are upset and bummed over the idea of trading him. They're saying it's MCW all over again lol.

MCW isn't good, so that comparison actually supports my point. Haha

The problem with PER is that it's basically all offense. So it tends to overvalue people who don't defend (Love, Okafor, Vucevic) when defense has a huge impact on the outcome of games.

I would say PER underrates Love right now, because it doesn't adequately value his rebounding or efficiency and it overrates usage (he doesn't shoot that much).

MCW isn't good, so that comparison actually supports my point. Haha

Yeah but all of the comments from 76er fans said if they trade him that they're done with team. Non-fans are saying that the only thing that should be traded is 76ers ownership if they trade him. Teams around the league already hate playing them because nobody cares to see them when they come to their city. Soon they'll have nobody but NBA staff in attendance. If they trade Okafor for draft picks, these is even less excitement to see them play which is sad because I'd have to believe their attendance is about as bad as any attendance has ever been.

Yeah but all of the comments from 76er fans said if they trade him that they're done with team. Non-fans are saying that the only thing that should be traded is 76ers ownership if they trade him. Teams around the league already hate playing them because nobody cares to see them when they come to their city. Soon they'll have nobody but NBA staff in attendance. If they trade Okafor for draft picks, these is even less excitement to see them play which is sad because I'd have to believe their attendance is about as bad as any attendance has ever been.

Trading Okafor wouldn't really be a tanking move, though. They have to trade him or Noel at some point. Colangelo will have them respectable again. The fans asking for front office change apparently don't realize that it already happened.

Houston trades Marcus Thornton and Donatas Motiejunas to Detroit for Joel Anthony and a protected first-round pick.

Varejao is being absorbed by Portland instead of going back to Orlando for Channing Frye. Magic could have 45 million in cap space this summer.

VN Store

Back